• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

bud23

We took Spain tu a tu. They're garbage

iby1h1G7MoeEIW_zps2ffeee62.gif

HOW WAS THE FOOTBALL GUYS. Only just seen the score, give me a one sentence performance analysis

Neymar sucks.

Aquimalo es terrible mi amor. Vergara is awesome
Who does he play with? We are going to need a good CB once Diego Reyes goes away to Portugal and Maza isn't going to cut it. I am going to pose as an America representative and offer Aquivaldo in exchange while showing them doctored videos of Cafú with Aquivaldo's head shopped in.

heckfu

Banned
Ugh, I had to take my break at work and caught the end of the US match. Absolutely pathetic...have no idea what the problem is (BESIDES EVERYTHING).

It's fine if you dislike the sport but to call it boring is super weird to me. It's a high scoring, physical, and fast paced sport. Basically the opposite of boring. If it's a snooze fest than football is coma inducing.
Dunno, maybe it's the fact that there were ads coming in like every five minutes that made it boring (Canadian tv)

GorillaJu

It's fine if you dislike the sport but to call it boring is super weird to me. It's a high scoring, physical, and fast paced sport. Basically the opposite of boring. If it's a snooze fest than football is coma inducing.

Anything can be boring when you don't understand the tactics, don't know the people and their personalities, don't fully appreciate the skill and athleticism, etc.

There's a difference between being bored and not being interested.

Like when bud and Wilbur are sitting on the couch in the evening and bud looks down solemnly at the tightened wad in the crotch of his pants and speaking to himself says, "I'm bored." Then he looks wantingly and at Wilbur, who lowers his gaze, pulls down at his glasses to size up his man and nonchalantly says "not interested."

Wilbur

Banned
Anything can be boring when you don't understand the tactics, don't know the people and their personalities, don't fully appreciate the skill and athleticism, etc.

There's a difference between being bored and not being interested.

Like when bud and Wilbur are sitting on the couch in the evening and bud looks down solemnly at the tightened was in the crotch of his pants and speaking to himself says, "I'm bored." Then he looks wantingly and at Wilbur, who lowers his gaze, pulls down at his glasses to size up his man and nonchalantly says "not interested."

This is just a wonderful, wonderful post. My word.

Arnie

Aye, the lack of nipple hair is especially disturbing.

The whole thing just screams Alfred Hitchcock.

The smile's great.

GorillaJu

I don't care about backwards compatibility but I do hope the PS4 doesn't have bullshit "one-use" codes like the new Xbox is rumored to have. I accept it with Steam games because they're digital, not physical, and generally come very cheap. By I'm really bothered by the idea that a physical disc you buy isn't sufficient to play the game. I miss the days when you could hold a game in your hands, these days games are just hypotheticals.

Slizz

I don't care about backwards compatibility but I do hope the PS4 doesn't have bullshit "one-use" codes like the new Xbox is rumored to have. I accept it with Steam games because they're digital, not physical, and generally come very cheap. By I'm really bothered by the idea that a physical disc you buy isn't sufficient to play the game. I miss the days when you could hold a game in your hands, these days games are just hypotheticals.

This is my main issue and will probably lean me in one direction depending on what is actually true.

PC still seems like the front runner for me next gen.

Top Bottom