• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

That was actually a pretty good tech demo.

Such a shame that it'll never actually be made into a game. The setting looked very interesting.

arkon

Glad I am not the only one to think so, everyone is so blinded by Sony love on Twitter and the gaming side tonight.

Not really a fan of their games so they had an uphill struggle. The sculpting thing could be fun to mess around with for a little bit, but the rest of it... bullshit.

Thought the same when they were showing it, still they have my interest.

Why no Versus Square Enix?

If it plays a bit like Dragon's Dogma I'd be up for that.

sohois

"I just have one more announcement. Here is some guy to make that announcement":

"We're going to be announcing a Final Fantasy at E3".

Fuck Off Square you cunts.

Seriously, I think I'm too old for this shit..
There was literally nothing to spark my imagination (except for the Braid dude's game: The Witness).

Besides the graphics being sort of disappointing, there is just nothing new gameplay-wise. It seems like the same old shit with more details/physics.

/Watchodg = fucking Ass Creed all over again!

Sceptical about Watch Dogs. I want to know how much of that is dynamic and how much is scripted.

Diablo 3 LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Bo-Locks

Plenty of creepy/weird developers, slightly improved graphics, the same formulaic FPS gameplay crap and Move rubbish, all wrapped up in the most pretentious and elaborate ceremony for what is essentially a glorified PC. This is the best next gen has to offer? Really boring. I haven't seen a single piece innovative gameplay so far.

The most interesting thing is the gaika/sony demo store.

This Blizard guy is the first normal guy on stage tonight.

kharma45

Plenty of creepy/weird developers, slightly improved graphics, the same formulaic FPS gameplay crap and Move rubbish, all wrapped up in the most pretentious and elaborate ceremony for what is essentially a glorified PC. This is the best next gen has to offer? Really boring. I haven't seen a single piece innovative gameplay so far.

It's all very meh.

Noirulus

Oh fuck off. First people want something that's accessible to devs, and when Sony do just that, it's "a glorified PC". What were you expecting, a glorified supercomputer?

The fact that you can resume gameplay from wherever you where in the span of a few seconds, with NO load times, stream-lined community features that are incredibly fast and easy to use - ALL of this innovative next-gen shit was announced. Yet it's "really boring"? Are you bloody kidding me?

I'll agree that the games shown (barring Killzone 4) were pretty meh, though. But this console certainly isn't unimpressive.

slightly improved graphics

You're straight trolling now. The graphics are the same/better than current PC offerings.

8GB GDDR5 memory. We're in for some incredible stuff in the future.

pulga

Banned
Well, that was underwhelming. Bunch of shit we already knew. Best thing was the 8GB surprise.

The Capcom game looked really nice, too!

Yup. Next gen graphics and last gen gameplay. Level shooters with scripted sequences, interactive movies, Facebook intergration, Playstation Move.

Gaming is dead.

Save us CD Projekt Red.

sohois

I thought that was good. I guess some people will have let the hype overwhelm them but for me everything announced tonight was promising. Though there are still a number of things in the air that could change my mind.

arkon

Well, that was underwhelming. Bunch of shit we already knew. Best thing was the 8GB surprise.

The Capcom game looked really nice, too!

Pretty much this.

Watch_dogs I thought also looked decent. Still skeptical just because I'm wondering how scripted all that shit is going to be.

kharma45

You're straight trolling now. The graphics are the same/better than current PC offerings.

They're really, really not. They look to be on par with a mid range PC at best.

As for the RAM, a good amount but you can have all the RAM in the world and with all the bandwidth but without the CPU and GPU to push it there is no point, most will be used by the system for media tasks.

Arnie

Yup. Next gen graphics and last gen gameplay. Level shooters with scripted sequences, interactive movies, Facebook intergration, Playstation Move.

Gaming is dead.

Save us CD Projekt Red.

I just watched the killzone video on my iphone in a smoking shleter and i was like

mmeeeeeehhhhhh

gaming is shit, you people who got exited about this are wasting your time. controller looks madkadcatzz

not bad if u like cats

Slizz

Watch Dogs was the best thing shown.... That said, buncha games that will probably be released multi-platform and performance specs. Specs sound good but I can't imagine Microsoft won't at least match.

Instant boot shit was probably my favorite thing aside from Watch Dogs.

Sloosha

The lowest point was when Ono entered and his first utterance was that he wasn't there to talk about Street Fighter. Just for a second there I was excited.

Meier

Gaming is dead.

This is a pretty accurate description. I was impressed with the sharing stuff personally though. Watching other people play and then the whole concept of letting a friend play the segment for you over the internet and stuff like that.. sharp.

Noirulus

They're really, really not. They look to be on par with a mid range PC at best.

As for the RAM, a good amount but you can have all the RAM in the world and with all the bandwidth but without the CPU and GPU to push it there is no point, most will be used by the system for media tasks.

Going by the UT4 tech demo and the FF tech demo, which I believe both used a 680 or something for their PC demo, at the very least we're getting something equal to the PC.

The console has 16x the memory of the PS3. And can push 2 TFLOPS. It will not be unimpressive.

Surprising amount of games this early before e3, expected a few games and maybe some teasing at most. Lots of features too that sounds great, all in all great conference.

Noirulus

The lack of games is the most disappointing part of the PS meeting. But I think i'm one of the few that's not relatively hung over that. I've always expected the game announcements for E3 rather than this conference.

fuenf

The lack of games is the most disappointing part of the PS meeting. But I think i'm one of the few that's not relatively hung over that. I've always expected the game announcements for E3 rather than this conference.

Yeah they showed more than enough games. It doesnt make sense to show 20 games just for the sake of it.

Bo-Locks

I'm with Phantast2k, I'm too old for this shit. I basically stopped gaming when I went to college, but the gameplay has not changed at all in years. There is nothing truly innovative or revolutionary gameplay-wise shown in this event. The graphics weren't even that good, just slightly improved on the current gen.

Oh fuck off. First people want something that's accessible to devs, and when Sony do just that, it's "a glorified PC". What were you expecting, a glorified supercomputer?

The fact that you can resume gameplay from wherever you where in the span of a few seconds, with NO load times, stream-lined community features that are incredibly fast and easy to use - ALL of this innovative next-gen shit was announced. Yet it's "really boring"? Are you bloody kidding me?

I'll agree that the games shown (barring Killzone 4) were pretty meh, though. But this console certainly isn't unimpressive.

I'm not knowledgeable enough to troll about this stuff. I haven't been into gaming for years. This is the most honest opinion you will get about this event.

The way I see it is if you're into gaming, get a PC. Console gaming is dying and moving to the mobile/social arena. Consoles will live and die by what apps and social offerings they have, not the amount of shitty console games with slightly improved graphics, and last gen gameplay.

Wes

venison crêpe
They've obviously felt it important to save some stuff for E3. The console reveal and some more of their launch lineup. The hardware and the streaming to other devices thing was very nice information.

8GB is a shot across Microsoft's bow.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
s4s05sk3f_zpsc1f05407.gif

Porque no

Suen

Racing-game looked nice. Capcom game looked great. Watchdogs looked awesome. Might have missed a game or two which seemed cool but the rest was meh. Also why show the controller but not the damn CONSOLE? Also what was wrong with the guy introducing Watchdogs? Sounded creepy as hell, as if he's going to appear next to you when you sleep or something.

Overall I don't really feel it. Things looked nice but nothing at the moment motivates me or tells me "Buy this shit!".

Also Square-Enix are probably among the biggest JTs in the game industry. Thanks for announcing someone who will announce that you will announce a FF game at E3. Thanks for also showing the same tech demo from LAST YEAR! GREAT! Cunts.

Off to play some Unreal and sleep. See ya Footie-GAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom