• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suen

People play Unreal still? That's cool.
Just going through Hard Mode by myself, game is as great as I remember it. There are actually some servers that are still running for Unreal Tournament (UT99, dunno about later ones). Most of these have special mods though. It can be really fun but if you're just looking for the regular modes (with or without custom maps) then yeah...no activity going on there. How I wish the UT online community would come back, wasted so many hours playing that game online back then but it was endless of fun. Basically the golden era of FPS games for me. Unreal/UT/Quake are what I'd call my true FPS games, unfortunately the era of arena shooters is long gone, instead we have fun playing the next COD or Killzone..............:(

Bo-Locks

I agree that Gaikai was by far the most interesting news, but stuff like instant on and background downloading is the bare minimum that is expected from next gen consoles. Remote play doesn't really intrest me, but instant demos was by far the most exciting thing I heard. I wish they went into more detail about the live demos, rather than showing about a dozen boring pieces of software with tired gameplay and PC level graphics.

There were 6 six years between GT4 & GT5, only been 3 years since then, so on that schedule it seems unlikely that GT6 will release soon. On the other hand, Polyphony did also release GTHD, GTPSP & GT Prologue during that period, which may have taken some time. I reckon GT6 will have a shorter time gap than the wait for GT5

It doesn't really matter how long it took them the last time when a far shorter development time is very much possible, Sony will not want to make the same mistake again.

Already been posted? The first Milan goal didn't actually involve a handball.

ibcKx36owXsO6H.gif
notsureifserious.jpg
imo i wouldn't have given the goal(or a penalty/fk since it's not on purpose) if i was the ref, you can't control the ball with your arms that high.
EDIT:
He was but he also corrected himself with a post after that. Saying there was a handball.
Thanks, missed his post.

Plenty of creepy/weird developers, slightly improved graphics, the same formulaic FPS gameplay crap and Move rubbish, all wrapped up in the most pretentious and elaborate ceremony for what is essentially a glorified PC. This is the best next gen has to offer? Really boring. I haven't seen a single piece innovative gameplay so far.

The most interesting thing is the gaika/sony demo store.

This Blizard guy is the first normal guy on stage tonight.

haha brilliant.

Add to that no BC which means all our ps3 and psn games on the store are worthless on a brand new next gen console

GorillaJu

People are still making the "PC is better" argument in 2013? PCs have had better graphics than consoles since the 80s, kids. Did you guys just discover PC gaming yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom