• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noirulus

I'm not knowledgeable enough to troll about this stuff. I haven't been into gaming for years. This is the most honest opinion you will get about this event.

The way I see it is if you're into gaming, get a PC. Console gaming is dying and moving to the mobile/social arena. Consoles will live and die by what apps and social offerings they have, not the amount of shitty console games with slightly improved graphics, and last gen gameplay.

Fair enough. I do agree that console gaming is a dying breed at the moment.

Problem with that racing game is that no one will give two shits about it once there's just a Gran Turismo logo shown, Project cars also already looks better than it.

arkon

Yeah they showed more than enough games. It doesnt make sense to show 20 games just for the sake of it.

It's not really the quantity but the quality I guess. I would have taken one new game with that wow factor over the stuff we did get.

GorillaJu

Surprising amount of games this early before e3, expected a few games and maybe some teasing at most. Lots of features too that sounds great, all in all great conference.

Agreed. The stuff early on, instant resuming, 8gb gddr5, instant demos, remote play from Vita, all looked really impressive to me.

I'm older than most of you people here and I don't feel "too old" for this. You just let your hype and expectations overwhelm you. This is the most elaborate console reveal I've seen.

That racing game typified the evolution of the games from PS3 to PS4. More online stuff, better graphics. I expected something cooler than that from Evolution.

Pretty impressed with the PS4, new features sound great. NO MORE DOWNLOADING DEMOS FUCK YEAH

Hated that about the PS3, the way it took ages to download and then ages to install.

Not sure about the games yet, particularly the first-party ones. Watch Dogs looks intriguing though, I'm sure we'll find out closer to release just how scripted it is.

Suen

Oh and to leave with some news for both Footie-gaf and Barca/Milan-gaf:

Suarez is the 'player of the year', claims Liverpool captain Gerrard

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has heaped praise on teammate Luis Suarez, insisting that the Uruguayan striker has been the "player of the year".

"For me he's been player of the year, across this league and a lot more leagues," Gerrard told BBC Sport. "There are probably only one or two people who you could say have been better than him this season.

"How much better can he get? I'm not sure, but it's a scary thought if he does improve on how he's been performing this season."

Match-winner Muntari hails AC Milan discipline

He told Sky Sports after the match: "I was telling my wife I've never scored in the Champions League, and it came today! I'm really surprised, but really happy, both for the goal and the win for the team.

"We listened to our coach, he did a fantastic job. We were very disciplined on the pitch and we managed to close every angle. Barcelona is the top club in the world, they have amazing players, and if you play without concentration, they will make you suffer.

"Two-nil is a lot, but playing in Camp Nou is not easy. We have this advantage and we will try to do well."

"During the week, we worked hard on the defensive side," he told BeIn Sport. "We knew Barca would possess the ball, we were prepared. We also knew we would have chances and we took advantage of them.

"It's a step further. It's something good. But we know that it will be very different in Barcelona. It is up to us to recover well and do it again."

GorillaJu

It's not really the quantity but the quality I guess. I would have taken one new game with that wow factor over the stuff we did get.

I would like to know what will "wow" people these days. More detailed graphics? Meh. Shocking gore? Been there, done that. Cinematic scenes with incredible explosions and movie star voice actors? Seen it.

All of the Gaikai stuff "wow"d me. I don't expect watching software, no matter how good it looks, to wow me. That comes from the playing experience.

Noirulus

Already been posted? The first Milan goal didn't actually involve a handball.

ibcKx36owXsO6H.gif

Kyoufu

I would like to know what will "wow" people these days. More detailed graphics? Meh. Shocking gore? Been there, done that. Cinematic scenes with incredible explosions and movie star voice actors? Seen it.

All of the Gaikai stuff "wow"d me. I don't expect watching software, no matter how good it looks, to wow me. That comes from the playing experience.

Same here. Gaikai is a real game-changer for me. Can't believe I'll be able to jump in your game and control your game for you if you need assistance. I've been wanting that for a while, and now it's a reality.

#mindblown

How long till we get a Gran Turismo title though? 8 years perhaps?

Even their usual prologue games blows most racers out of the water. ;)

Wouldn't be surprised if Sony pushed Polyphony to have a game ready within a year of release or something like that this time though, they can't have another Gran Turismo 5 on their hands here.

Slizz

Her mother is Italian, so technically, she's not Jewish. It gets passed through the mums.

You're right lol and was I about to say Italian women are real good also. But so are South American and European. All women are great.

For some reason in her new show they make a point of drilling home she's Jewish in the South lol.

FootballFan

Only moderately. I love you and FootballFan too much to full-on hate on Barca. I think I'm losing my ability to hate, to be completely honest. :/ I've only ever 'hated' other clubs because of the obnoxious fans anyway. There aren't many here.

It takes a lot of heart to love the anti-juve crew. <3

Kyoufu

Wouldn't be surprised if Sony pushed Polyphony to have a game ready within a year of release or something like that this time though, they can't have another Gran Turismo 5 on their hands here.

They won't.

The biggest benefit of GT5 was their car collection all in HD. So now they won't be spending 9 billion years on a GT game.

We are so fucked for this Liverpool game. Bruno Alves comes off suspension and then gets hurt in training. Lombaerts also hurt in training. We have no defenders for the game. Fuck you Anfield!!!!

GorillaJu

Same here. Gaikai is a real game-changer for me. Can't believe I'll be able to jump in your game and control your game for you if you need assistance. I've been wanting that for a while, and now it's a reality.

#mindblown

The importance they placed on "immediacy" is absolutely huge in this fight. People underrate the value of smooth, instant and responsive operating systems. If they can get a games console operating with the feel of iOS (they've done it already with Vita's OS), they'll have something really special on their hands.

Instant demos and remote play get me hard.

shortyme

You're right lol and was I about to say Italian women are real good also. But so are South American and European. All women are great.

For some reason in her new show they make a point of drilling home she's Jewish in the South lol.

I've only watched a couple episodes, she's never really looked Jewish to me, she definitely looks more Italian but I guess I can see how they're pushing it. Not really sure why they'd be playing that.

Whatever whatever, she is hot.

Noirulus

Funniest thing about the conference was seeing Bungie in a Sony press conference announcing exclusive content for a Sony console :lol

Who would have ever thought?

AndresON777

shooting blanks

Lot of Jews in South America. Same reason Sviatoslav is in love with me

arkon

Well the last time was watch_dogs for me at last year's E3. It took an existing game style added a twist and that sets my imagination running. It may well all be smoke and mirrors in the end.

sohois

There were 6 six years between GT4 & GT5, only been 3 years since then, so on that schedule it seems unlikely that GT6 will release soon. On the other hand, Polyphony did also release GTHD, GTPSP & GT Prologue during that period, which may have taken some time. I reckon GT6 will have a shorter time gap than the wait for GT5

Funniest thing about the conference was seeing Bungie in a Sony press conference announcing exclusive content for a Sony console :lol

Who would have ever thought?

That was disappointing to be honest. I'm all for multiplatform Bungie, but don't do this exclusive content shite please. I thought they were better than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom