• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

Talk of Arsenal and Man Utd wanting Cabaye in the summer.

Can only see him going to Manure tbh. Arsenal won't cough up Le Cash.

Bo-Locks

I'm surprised the Man Utd training kit sponsor hasn't been revealed yet. I haven't even seen any leaks or rumours about who it might be. Woodward and the Glazers are slick operators when negotiating commercial deals.

They negotiated the worlds first training kit sponsor deal with DHL for £10m per year, bought the contract out, and have now negotiated a bigger deal where the value and sponsor are unknown. Incredible.

The DHL deal runs out at the end of June.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I think it's Barca who paid £14m for Cesc up front.

Hilarious really. What on earth Arsenal's staff get up to I don't know...

That's even worse. When I read stuff like that I realise how much I love Levy. He's a tight-arse but he'd never accept some of this lowball shit, see Berbatov deal for proof.

deroli

Dzeko would be a brilliant replacement for Lewandowski. He knows the bundesliga, speaks german, scored many goals for teams that are very good (Man City, 08/09 Wolfsburg) and teams that were mediocre (Wolfburg since 2009). And he is very similiar type of player who would fit into our system very well.

But I doubt we can afford a player like him. Reports in Germany stated he earns about 7M Pounds at Man City. That is a little bit more than our top earners (Götze etc) get :) A few millions, that is. And City spent more than 30M € for him IIRC. So I don't think we can grab him for half that price. Chances are slim we will see him in that lovely yellow dress :(

Movimento 5 Stelle with almost 30% in Sicily. What the fuck are people thinking?
iqtWg4crClc3V.gif

People are desperate, they say they already tried all the other parties and nothing has changed. They have Grillo left, they vote Grillo.

pulga

Banned
lol, there's a pretty amusing and revealing interview up at Marca, with a ref who retired last season.

One day I asked Xabi Alonso if I could take the piss out of Cristiano, and he said yes. Before kicking off the second half at the Bernabeu, we were waiting to go out and I approached him: "Hey Cristiano, you are a blabbermouth, you talk too much." He froze: "But I don't talk about referees ever! I did not say anything, "he said.

"No, that's not why," I replied. "The other day in an interview with MARCA you said you were number one in table tennis. I just want you to know that I'm number one." He looked up and down at me and said, "I'm number one in the field and in the ping-pong" and he ran off [laughs]. In the next game we were warming up and from afar he mimics as if he's playing a round of ping-pong.

Dat Cristiano <3

Edit: Oh shit, he's algo got a Messi anecdote, but I won't post it because it makes Messi look like a cunt and I know you're all getting bored with that.

Meier

Do you guys have putt-putt/mini golf in the UK (or Europe in general)? My fiancee took this panorama shot with her iPhone when we played yesterday afternoon. Didn't realize she was taking it but the whole thing turned out cool. I fucking love putt-putt. This place has been around since the 1940s so it's pretty minimalistic in terms of course design.

Lightning

Banned
Yeah we only paid around £14m up front :lol
The worst part of that deal is United have to win everything in order for us receive the full sum of money for him. What kind of deal is that? We don't want United winning everything, WE want to win everything. It's deals like that one that make me really question what the fuck Wenger is doing.

Do you guys have putt-putt/mini golf in the UK (or Europe in general)? My fiancee took this panorama shot with her iPhone when we played yesterday afternoon. Didn't realize she was taking it but the whole thing turned out cool. I fucking love putt-putt. This place has been around since the 1940s so it's pretty minimalistic in terms of course design.
Yes.

I am the record holder at the Trafford Centre mini golf course.
amongst my friends :)

Recently it seems driving ranges are getting more popular here. I'm a bit shit. The furthest I can drive is 150 yards.

Meier

Our mini-golf courses are really shit
I imagine all you guys have been to Orlando since you're Brits and it's a cultural requirement as far as I can tell. Go to Pirate's Cove next time you come. It's awesome.

Recently it seems driving ranges are getting more popular here. I'm a bit shit. The furthest I can drive is 150 yards.
I've only been to a driving range once and it was about 11-12 years ago. Honestly have no clue how far I hit it. Never played a proper round of golf.

Randdalf

We do, but I think pitch and putts (i.e. 9 hole par 3 mini-courses) are more common because it's hard to keep a well maintained course with the kind of weather we get here, unless you do it indoors of course. Pitch and putts are easy because all you need is a lawnmower, some flags and a few plastic cups.

Come on Udinese, wake the fuck up, you're playing at home.

Btw, Maradona is in Italy. Now is you chance, TheLuficer. Lock him up.

He already said that "Juve is really lucky." I guess that Juve fans will be faster.

Now that I think about it, if he's going to be at the San Paolo when you guys face Napoli that stadium is going to be messed up.

pulga

Banned
Sam Allardyce has admitted interest in Maynor Figueroa. Is Wigan to West Ham a step up, down or a sideways move for him?

Yen

Sam Allardyce has admitted interest in Maynor Figueroa. Is Wigan to West Ham a step up, down or a sideways move for him?
Sideways. Every year Wigan just about stay up, West Ham would be mid-to-lower table, but would be expected to avoid relegation.

I can't justify getting an Xperia Z :(

£500 sim-free

£149, £29pm contract

I don't use my phone enough to make a contract worth while :(

If it was £300 or so sim-free, I'd be all over it

Just from last season?
I think it's the half-year accounts.

Still, that's not a particularly strong result. Matchday revenues down too.

I think people see the £100m they have in their account and think Arsenal are making alot of money. If I remember correctly most of that came from the sale of flats at Highbury. Doesn't appear the football side of the club is actually making much money.

ILvane

Galatasaray look a good price right now. They conceded early on and are dominating the match now. 10 mins before HT and they are 13/10 (or 2.3). Their opponents have an awful away record in contrast to Galatasaray's good home record. Galatasaray are top of their Turkish league whilst their opponents are 15th

orduspor is no match for galatasaray under any condition. goal was very lucky.

Yen

"@LFC: #LFCU21s team v #MUFC:
Ward,
Wisdom, Roddan, Sama, Coady,
Adorjan, Suso, Teixeira,
Morgan, Shelvey, Sterling."

Looks like a good team. Not going to watch it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom