• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucking hell how on earth can a Liverpool fan not mention Gerrard in this type of conversation when he has scored some absolute wonder goals?

OSA-RM-12.gif

Linius

Oi, Linius

It's too bad my pc couldn't record in glorious 1080p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQOiEpm2ZrI

You uploaded an error to Youtube? What am I missing? :p

what difficulty do u use?

Professional at the moment. Might switch to world class after this season. With three games to go I'm six points ahead of the number two (PSV lol), made it to the domestic cup finale (still have to play the finale) and to the semis in Europa (with the away leg against Barca still to come).

ShogunX

Ronaldo scores like 3-5 a season though

And? You originally mentioned a collection of screamers and Gerrard is up there with the best of them. Gerrard has scored some absolute fucking screamers for us and not to mention quite a few of them have been vital. Think people forget some times just how good some of Gerrard's goals have been.

Bad quality but this right here is an absolute peach.

1662089_o.gif

And? You originally mentioned a collection of screamers and Gerrard is up there with the best of them. Gerrard has scored some absolute fucking screamers for us and not to mention quite a few of them have been vital. Think people forget some times just how good some of Gerrard's goals have been.

Bad quality but this right here is an absolute peach.

1662089_o.gif

You're right, I should have said 'rate of screamers' rather than collection :)

rvy

Banned
tumblr_m6iew1zRp41rzhkubo1_500.jpg

The King of screamers right here. And not with the fluffy balls of today either. He pumped them out like hot cakes. Ask Madrid.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6iew1zRp41rzhkubo1_500.jpg[/IMG

The King of screamers right here. And not with the fluffy balls of today either. He pumped them out like hot cakes. Ask Madrid.[/QUOTE]
Bob Charlton leathered in a fair few with those rocks too.

MPW

Bale himself was reported to have said last week that he thinks Cristiano Ronaldo is a more complete player than Leo Messi, and that his dream is to play alongside the Real Madrid forward. This is the sort of thing that folks like to hear in Madrid. Bale failed to add that he is more accustomed to playing in white than in the blue and scarlet of Barcelona, but maybe it wasn't necessary.

Looking at the issue from a strictly footballing perspective, however, Bale is more of a Madrid type than a Barcelona one. Barcelona tend to require the players they sign from outside the church of La Masia to fit into the mould, and if necessary, to subordinate some of their natural instincts to the service of the collective. Thierry Henry, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and even David Villa have been recent victims of this, and the prodigal son Cesc Fabregas has not found the transition from undisputed big fish to often-disputed smaller one an easy ride.

At the Bernabeu, he would be welcomed for what he is: a leader of men, a fearless predator. Ronaldo is a good example of this. For all his apparent egomania, he has finally convinced the Madrid hardcore that he is committed to the cause - unlike his mercenary manager, a man who has brought some trophies and restored some self-belief at the club but who is ultimately only interested in his own trajectory. Bale has that vaguely indestructible air of Ronaldo about him - übermensch, as they would say in Munich. He would fit in perfectly, at least as far as his playing style is concerned. How exactly Madrid's new manager would accommodate him is another question that needs to be answered before they splash the millions on his transfer though. Assuming Marcelo can shed a few kilos and become the player he was until recently, the left side of the park is reasonably well covered, although you could argue that Fabio Coentrao would be one of the players that Madrid would want to make a few euros from in the summer, leaving some room for a player of Bale's characteristics.

http://espnfc.com/columns/story/_/id/1344546/phil-ball:-madrid-looking-for-bale-out?cc=5901

i wonder if fabregas will ever be as good as his arsenal days at barca

Dibbz

wow so everybody is blowing the Wenger press conf way out of proportion. He got asked dumb questions and of course was still pissed by the loss in the FA Cup. If he came out today and was calm I'd be worried.

Media gonna media I guess but I'd have thought some of you on here would be smart enough to not get caught up in their whirlwind of shit.

MPW

lol, why? They are bullying the league for decades now, *shrug*
That why we despise them, especially the old fucks on top.

/lol, I bet Klopp would turn Gomez into Falcao.

//

Forever and always :)

bayern already has 3 strikers so i wasn't expecting this move

no wonder bayern is hated by rest of bundesliga

fuck bayern!

wow so everybody is blowing the Wenger press conf way out of proportion. He got asked dumb questions and of course was still pissed by the loss in the FA Cup. If he came out today and was calm I'd be worried.

Media gonna media I guess but I'd have thought some of you on here would be smart enough to not get caught up in their whirlwind of shit.
Is it really that crazy to ask him if his players can bounce back from the FA Cup result, about Bayern or whether it's true he's signing a new contract?

Or crazy to look at him?

spidye

Bayern wreck relations with Dortmund over Robert Lewandowski shenanigans http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/...munich-borussia-dortmund-lewandowski-transfer

So you're 15 points clear in the table, your centre-forward is banging them in for fun and you're off to play to Arsène "Taxi Driver" Wenger's Arsenal on Tuesday night. One option would be to simply count your good blessings. But no — as Rex Kramer would put it, that's just what they'd be expecting you to do. So why not cook up a transfer saga that will wreck relations with your closest league rivals and unsettle one, if not two of your existing strikers — possibly for the next 16 months — in the process?

"We have no intention of negotiating with Borussia Dortmund over the transfer of Robert Lewandowski," said Bayern Munich CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge to Bild on Sunday.

It sounded like a definitive denial of a rumour that he had likened to a "cockroach" only ten days earlier. But on closer inspection, this read more like a declaration of war. Rummenigge was dropping a heavy hint that the league leaders would press on with their pursuit of the Pole — who's under contract at the Westfalenstadion until 2014 — irrespective of Dortmund's stance. The idea is to force the champions hand into releasing "Lewa" in the summer for a fee of €20m-30m, or take him for nothing a year later.

In other words, it's classic alpha-male bullying by the Bavarians, tried and tested a million times since Calle Del'Haye, the saddest winger in the history of the Bundesliga, swapped a glittering career at Borussia Mönchengladbach for the drafty Olympiastadion bench in 1980. But why now? Couldn't they have waited at least until after the German FA Cup quarter-final next week, when Lewandowski will turn up with Dortmund? And why make this the main news story with the Champions League — and a shot at redemption for Munich — looming so large?

hmmm, wasn't expecting this move from bayern

a lot of assumptions from honigstein.
and what move were you not expecting? bayern just said they will not negotiate with dortmund

Wilbur

Banned

Got asked about Blackburn, wanted to speak about Bayern. Asked about Bayern, wanted not to speak about Bayern.

we r the stupid ones

Kenka

I would so love a 0-7 tomorrow. Not so much because I am a Bayern fan but rather to witness a meltdown of supernova proportions on GAF.

Wenger would find a job at Wolfsburg effortlessly after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom