• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to play my Wildcard because of the League Cup final :(

Not happy with my formation this weekend, 5-3-2

Spanish Wraith is marching straight up my sphincter :(

Meier

Orlando is gonna be the PSG of America.

Lol, I wouldn't suspect that'll be the case for quite awhile. His investment will help pay the $30m part of the stadium's construction costs and the $40-$50m to then become an MLS franchisee. Definitely seems like a great spot for a club though given the local populace and ample tourists.

Ben Arfa thinks that if he had focused solely on his footballing career today he would be like Messi. He thinks he still can catch him.

ahahahahahaha

Clegg

Football Weekly is out.

They think Arsenal need a change in management. Says the squad needs a complete overhaul and a manager that is willing to spend the money required. They also think they need someone to inspire the right attitude in the players as Wenger has allowed them to become much too complacent.

rvy

Banned
Ben Arfa thinks that if he had focused solely on his footballing career today he would be like Messi. He thinks he still can catch him.

ahahahahahaha

KuGsj.gif

Carbonox

ahahahahahaha

Bless his cotton socks. He's been full of shit all his life. Luckily he's been brilliant for Newcastle which matters most. He's still capable of greater things and no doubt will with bigger clubs in the future but right now he's got more things to focus on than on being Messi.

sohois

ahahahahahaha

Whilst his statement might be a bit ridiculous, it's a good attitude to have. Much better to have someone who wants, and believes he can be the best than some mercenary whogets his payday and fucks off like Nasri or so many other examples.

Clegg

Btw Arsenals academy isn't all that good.

They're more like a finishing school for the most talented players from other academies. I know that doesn't really matter in this day and age but I just get irked when people keep referencing Arsenal's academy as one of their greatest strengths.

Linius

Playing FIFA manager mode. Semi finals of the CL, Ajax vs. Barca. Won the first leg in a crazy game with 3-2. Feels good man.

/FIFA-ADVENTURES

rvy

Banned
Whilst his statement might be a bit ridiculous, it's a good attitude to have. Much better to have someone who wants, and believes he can be the best than some mercenary whogets his payday and fucks off like Nasri or so many other examples.

Sure, but don't share it with the general populace, you'll come off as full of shit and insane. I like Ben as a player, but fuck off. Seriously.

jtb

Banned
Btw Arsenals academy isn't all that good.

They're more like a finishing school for the most talented players from other academies. I know that doesn't really matter in this day and age but I just get irked when people keep referencing Arsenal's academy as one of their greatest strengths.

Agreed. But I don't think too many people speak very highly of Arsenal's academy anyways. Only recent academy grads I can think of are Wilshere and Cole.

In the last days everybody including our managers said we won't buy Lewandowski. That probably means we already bought him considering simimlar statements in the recent past. Yeah, I think he will come!

Thank you for being my enabler

Pun of the day: Bayern out the competition

rvy

Banned
:lol

He is a different manager now. No hothead, keeping things easy, not giving fucks (see robben).

Don't give a fuck, he ruined my life for a whole season. I'll hate him till the day he dies. You don't know how much I suffered. It's like getting your balls busted on a weekly basis.

spidye

Don't give a fuck, he ruined my life for a whole season. I'll hate him till the day he dies. You don't know how much I suffered. It's like getting your balls busted on a weekly basis.

lol. what happened?

I mean I fucking hate him for last season but what did he do to benfica?

feel

I feel the same about that ugly cunt Gigi Del Neri and he was with us only for a lil bit.

In the last days everybody including our managers said we won't buy Lewandowski. That probably means we already bought him considering simimlar statements in the recent past. Yeah, I think he will come!

Why do you hate him so much?
What Rummage said was interesting though. "we will not negotiate" isn't quite the same as "we do not want him".

rvy

Banned
lol. what happened?

I mean I fucking hate him for last season but what did he do to benfica?

digitalizar0003ns.jpg

Years - 1992–2000
Apps - 220
(Goals) - 64

Team captain since 95. Heynckes and the fucking scum president decided to release him from his contract. Goes on to sign for our rivals Sporting and is the main reason for their success alongside Jardel. 114 appearances, 27 goals in 4 seasons.
Pinto was the best player in Benfica for a ridiculous amount of years. People don't realize how good he was because he didn't leave for a big European league.

Are you fucking serious. I wanted to murder them both for years. I actually still do.

Also manages to lose 7-0 in Vigo for the CL.

Wilbur

Banned
Damn just seen the Wenger presser. Lost his fucking head :lol :lol

edit: thanks Tim, saw it late! I think he's been let down but he came out with some nonsense in this presser

Fucking hell how on earth can a Liverpool fan not mention Gerrard in this type of conversation when he has scored some absolute wonder goals?

Ronaldo scores like 3-5 a season though

lol SSN

'Big news coming up regarding Scott Brown prior to the second leg against Juventus'

Who gives a shit, the tie is well and truly over

MPW

Bayern wreck relations with Dortmund over Robert Lewandowski shenanigans http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/...munich-borussia-dortmund-lewandowski-transfer

So you're 15 points clear in the table, your centre-forward is banging them in for fun and you're off to play to Arsène "Taxi Driver" Wenger's Arsenal on Tuesday night. One option would be to simply count your good blessings. But no — as Rex Kramer would put it, that's just what they'd be expecting you to do. So why not cook up a transfer saga that will wreck relations with your closest league rivals and unsettle one, if not two of your existing strikers — possibly for the next 16 months — in the process?

"We have no intention of negotiating with Borussia Dortmund over the transfer of Robert Lewandowski," said Bayern Munich CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge to Bild on Sunday.

It sounded like a definitive denial of a rumour that he had likened to a "cockroach" only ten days earlier. But on closer inspection, this read more like a declaration of war. Rummenigge was dropping a heavy hint that the league leaders would press on with their pursuit of the Pole — who's under contract at the Westfalenstadion until 2014 — irrespective of Dortmund's stance. The idea is to force the champions hand into releasing "Lewa" in the summer for a fee of €20m-30m, or take him for nothing a year later.

In other words, it's classic alpha-male bullying by the Bavarians, tried and tested a million times since Calle Del'Haye, the saddest winger in the history of the Bundesliga, swapped a glittering career at Borussia Mönchengladbach for the drafty Olympiastadion bench in 1980. But why now? Couldn't they have waited at least until after the German FA Cup quarter-final next week, when Lewandowski will turn up with Dortmund? And why make this the main news story with the Champions League — and a shot at redemption for Munich — looming so large?

hmmm, wasn't expecting this move from bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom