• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

I'm kind of glad that the Rhodes brothers aren't as bad as each other. If they were we'd have seen fucking Daily Mail headlines about the two of them.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm kind of glad that the Rhodes brothers aren't as bad as each other. If they were we'd have seen fucking Daily Mail headlines about the two of them.

a) we are the Rodes brothers says Fry
b) in real life, he's the weirder one. But not in a fun way. Just in a weird way.

Clegg

Inspired by the pronunciation thread:

When I was a bit younger I had to move secondary schools. My parents weren't happy with my grades so the moved me to a posh school where loads of people had funny names.

There was a girl called Iona Coughlan in my class. I was 16 and thought it was hilarious.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I blame Regulus. That idiot is talking rubbish. With his hate on Giant Killing and SHAFT and whatnot.
I like Giant Killing! I just cannot ignore the ugly CGI crowds and CGI balls. And I like some SHAFT shows! Madoka and the first season of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and...

I guess just that, really.

Wilbur

Banned
Fuck my essay question due in 14th March

'Review the various social and literary forces that converged to complete the codification of English in the 18th century.' Here you should discuss the results of widespread literacy, the rise of a new wealthy middle class with an interest in literature, and in manuals books of conduct (including linguistic conduct); the value placed on order, propriety and regulation in all walks of life after the social and political chaos of the 17th century; the appearance of dictionaries and grammar books; the sense that English was becoming global. Must be 2000 words.

LOOOOOOOL WHAT

I DIDNT SIGN UP FOR THIS

Yen

Inspired by the pronunciation thread:

When I was a bit younger I had to move secondary schools. My parents weren't happy with my grades so the moved me to a posh school where loads of people had funny names.

There was a girl called Iona Coughlan in my class. I was 16 and thought it was hilarious.

Someone say "what kind of name is Iona?" and then I'll wow you all with my knowledge of Iona and Columba.

'Review the various social and literary forces that converged to complete the codification of English in the 18th century.' Here you should discuss the results of widespread literacy, the rise of a new wealthy middle class with an interest in literature, and in manuals books of conduct (including linguistic conduct); the value placed on order, propriety and regulation in all walks of life after the social and political chaos of the 17th century; the appearance of dictionaries and grammar books; the sense that English was becoming global. Must be 2000 words.

LOOOOOOOL WHAT

I DIDNT SIGN UP FOR THIS

Just write about the puppy that lost his way.

pulga

Banned
I just checked this tournament's wiki, why is Nicaragua in but Honduras is not participating? What I saw of the u23 last year was exciting!

Good question :lol Didn't even know their was a tournament going on, to my shame.

I'll ask #basedElsk

If I had to guess, the federacion are probably being cheap fucks.

FootballFan

Just write about the puppy that lost his way.

The World was changing...and the puppy was getting bigger.

The puppy was like industry, in that, they were both lost in the woods. And nobody, especially the little boy ("society"), knew where to find him.

Except that the puppy, was a dog. But the industry my friend, that was a revolution.

Empty

the essay question isn't that bad. i mean it sounds dull as shit researching and writing but they tell you how to answer it in the question itself. the worst are when it's dull and you have no clue where to even start. even better when you only understand about half the words used in it.

Messi

phRvG32.png

hnnnnnggggg

FUCK lets see if I can get this thing going again.

Swoon.

arkon

LOOOOOOOL WHAT

I DIDNT SIGN UP FOR THIS

What the shit.

Clegg

I'm usually pretty good with essays. I just hate having to find the right sources for them. Especially when your lecturer/tutor gives you vague references to look for.

I sat a history module last semester and one of the possible essay questions was. "Give an account of the origins of WW 1." We asked the lecturer if there was any specific things we should focus on and he said do whatever we liked.

I could fucking link the origins of WW 1 back to the fucking Napoleonic wars. Your answer doesn't help us ffs.

Wilbur

Banned
the essay question isn't that bad. i mean it sounds dull as shit researching and writing but they tell you how to answer it in the question itself. the worst are when it's dull and you have no clue where to even start. even better when you only understand about half the words used in it.

It's just so boring. Even reading it made me sad.

Billy Madison man. Back when Adam Sandler was good lol.

fuck Adam Sandler now and forever

Salazar

U will be wanting Lawrence Klein. He focuses mostly on Shaftesbury, whose Characteristics of Men, Manners, Opinions, Times you should look at.

"Politeness and the Interpretation of the British Eighteenth Century" in particular.
"The Third Earl of Shaftesbury and the Progress of Politeness", too.

Hammond Brean's Professional Imaginative Writing in England, 1670-1740: ‘Hackney for Bread' is good for the economic conditions that operated around the idea (pretty inchoate at the time) of being a writer as a job.

Markman Ellis's stuff on the coffee houses and the public sphere is good. “An introduction to the coffee-house: A discursive model” is fucking outstanding work.

Paul Fussell's The Rhetorical World of Augustan Humanism: Ethics and Imagery from Swift to Burke would be useful in handling the idea of culture's transition into a mannered thing after the riot of the civil war. Legacies of warfare in the language and so on. Christopher Hill's Some Intellectual Consequences of the English Revolution would be handy too.

J.G.A. Pocock's "Enthusiasm: The Antiself of Enlightenment" is good to use to look at the kinds of unsavoury or politically unpalatable conduct the 18th century social ideologists were trying to stamp out.

Vic Gatrell's City of Laughter: Sex and Satire in Eighteenth-Century London is good for the dissemination of lower forms of literary/polemical text, cartoons, etc. The counter to the notion that suave Addisonian gentlemanliness came in like the weather and everything else, all things notably and purposefully unclean, went out.

Perhaps Peter Clark's British Clubs and Societies, 1580-1800: The Origins of an Associational World - to get at the way in which there is a literal infrastructure to all of these social formations and changes.

Wilbur

Banned
U will be wanting Lawrence Klein. He focuses mostly on Shaftesbury, whose Characteristics of Men, Manners, Opinions, Times you should look at.

"Politeness and the Interpretation of the British Eighteenth Century" in particular.
"The Third Earl of Shaftesbury and the Progress of Politeness", too.

Hammond Brean's Professional Imaginative Writing in England, 1670-1740: ‘Hackney for Bread' is good for the economic conditions that operated around the idea (pretty inchoate at the time) of being a writer as a job.

Markman Ellis's stuff on the coffee houses and the public sphere is good. “An introduction to the coffee-house: A discursive model” is fucking outstanding work.

Paul Fussell's The Rhetorical World of Augustan Humanism: Ethics and Imagery from Swift to Burke would be useful in handling the idea of culture's transition into a mannered thing after the riot of the civil war. Legacies of warfare in the language and so on. Christopher Hill's Some Intellectual Consequences of the English Revolution would be handy too.

J.G.A. Pocock's "Enthusiasm: The Antiself of Enlightenment" is good to use to look at the kinds of unsavoury or politically unpalatable conduct the 18th century social ideologists were trying to stamp out.

Vic Gatrell's City of Laughter: Sex and Satire in Eighteenth-Century London is good for the dissemination of lower forms of literary/polemical text, cartoons, etc. The counter to the notion that suave Addisonian gentlemanliness came in like the weather and everything else, all things notably and purposefully unclean, went out.

Perhaps Peter Clark's British Clubs and Societies, 1580-1800: The Origins of an Associational World - to get at the way in which there is a literal infrastructure to all of these social formations and changes.

Oh my fucking fuck

If you ever get too old to procreate, I will be happy to give you my sperm

I love you Salazar. I love you.

fuenf

BayernCunts, what's the most likely formation to get game time tomorrow?

Neuer
Lahm- Dante - Van Buyten - Alaba
-----Martinez - Schweinsteiger----
--Müller ---- Kroos ----- Ribery---
------------Mandzukic--------------

Only question is whether Heynckes wil somehow squeeze in Robben or Gomez.

Wilbur

Banned
It's some kind of bullshit to ask you to "review" that in 2,000 words. The scope is mind-destroying.

I suppose a reductive review will be enough to sate their desires. I'll probably even make that point, that they're asking a lot for what is a small word limit.

pulga

Banned
Neuer

Kroos for sure?

jtb

Banned
Neuer

Is Robben injured?

Messi

Looks like the S4 is getting revealed next month. Right on Q to stop me buying a new phone.

==

Finished my season in fifa with Barca, looked for a new club to move to and I was offered Liverpool or Wolfsburg. Also Lyon. Not sure I want any of those, kinda had my heart set on playing in Serie A next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom