• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suen

As a Madrid-fan I'll be honest about this. We played like shit in the first half as the team was pretty much sleeping, nothing happened when the ball was in our possesion. Second half we performed better, those two goals were amazing (Modric's was just pure awesome) but this only happened after United received a red card which changed the entire mentality of both teams. Still I'd say we started to push more before the red card. However in my opinion Man Utd played better than us, yes the first goal was an own goal due to poor defense from us but Man Utd created much better chances than what we did against them and this didn't even stop when they were one man down. Plenty of chances they might have been able to score in but that extra push wasn't there and who can blame them when being one man down. Still I have to say that Diego Lopez was brilliant in this match, simply amazing.

In conclusion:

1. The referee can go and fuck himself, he clearly seemed to have an agenda.
2. This feels totally like an undeserve victory. Happy we qualify but certainly not happy in the way we did it.
3. Man Utd-GAF, you guys don't deserve any of this shit and you were clearly the better team today. Lots of respect for you guys, well done.
4. PSG will lose tomorrow.

Smeghead

Some people would rather the refs not 'ruin the game' or spoil the entertainment value instead of actually enforcing the rules, which is crazy.
I would want the ref to be 100% objective, doubly so when it comes to games like these, where as you saw, one decision can change a game.

It was the right decision in my book.

Arnie

Did you even watch the fucking game? United played their hearts out with 10 men, of course we are proud of the team.
I saw three Real Madrid goals and a woefully slapstick performance from RVP, sure. Rafael lucky to still be on the pitch and Nani was a naughty boy.

Welbeck was good.

Clegg

I genuinely think this team can go on to better things. Now we just have to make sure our level doesn't drop for the cup and that we keep up our good league form. The sort of loss we suffered today could have a negative effect if we're not careful. Proud of the team regardless.

Everyone of them cunts who aren't a regular is on mine. Embarrassing as fuck.

Fucking loved it when Giggs won a throw in and just pumped the crowd up.

If our team is mediocre and shit then what does it say about the rest of the Premier League for us to be 12 points clear and shitting on everyone?

Says that everyone else in the league is absolute shite.

Insular little man.

When does one become a regular? And do you then take them off your ignore list? And if he's on your ignore list, how would you know when he becomes a regular?

FuturusX

Did you even watch the fucking game? United played their hearts out with 10 men, of course we are proud of the team.

That's the thing. It was all heart. They needed to play a bit smarter. Control the ball more. I don't get why they were so negative with 10 men. Real are not Gods.

How did it ruin the game as a contest? United had done amazing chances to score after the red card.

It was a blow to United but if not for Lopez they would have won this game. De Gea hardly did anything.

Fair enough, but as you say we had good chances with 10. So surely we would have had even more with 11?

Says a lot when the ref can't even look him in the eye.

Well the guy did just stand directly in front of him sarcastically applauding and no doubt shouting obscenities...

The ref sucked (missed 2 penalties, 1 for MU, 1 for RM) but the red card was the right decision.

To be fair the Rafael handball, at least, was difficult to spot in real-time and there were few appeals due to the nature of the incident.

Well well well, gutted!

Very proud of the players. Over in Madrid and with 11 and 10 men tonight we were really good I thought. Can't fault the effort. If the finishing had been better on both nights we may have been through but it's unfair to pick on that considering the effort the players put in.

I didn't really think we'd win the CL this year but I now have confidence that this squad has a core which can go on to win it in the next couple of years. We need to get the championship back now and hopefully go for a double. Next year the younger players will all be better and hopefully we add a bit more quality to go again in the tournament.

Good luck to Madrid going forwards. I think they got a slice of luck but as all good teams do, they took full advantage. Scored two lovely goals too.

Tc91

Insular little man.

When does one become a regular? And do you then take them off your ignore list? And if he's on your ignore list, how would you know when he becomes a regular?

Because I know for a fact they won't post in this thread again after tonight.

FootballFan

Why do you always say such stupid fucking cunt shit Pulga you fucking moron

You beat Barcelona by playing on the counter attack and all you can do is suck your own cock and post in Spanish and gibberish and post pictures of your mum claiming Madrid are the greatest

Someone plays against you on the counter attack and you call it bus parking

why are you such a fucking biased idiot

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Beautiful.

Bad Luck Man U brothers. I know how it feels to be cheated by Real Madrid.

Meier

Thought you said earlier that you weren't going to gloat.

How could someone not gloat in this scenario? After all of the shit United fans have talked for the past few months?

Ronaldo winning it and Rooney's #vivaronaldo tweet is about as delicious as possible. I fucking love it. I am feeding off the tears and pain of United fans like I'm a god damn Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. It literally could not have ended any more perfectly.

Nicktendo86

I am honestly not sure if I saw the same game as some of you, Utd were in control and hat Real in a hole. The sending off changed EVERYTHING! Jose was right, the best team lost.

pulga

Banned

lol was it you who was giving me shit over the "counter attack = park the bus ALWAYS"? Sorry, if it wasn't you :lol

I'm not giving United ANY grief over counter attacking. FUCK, its what I wanted Madrid to do all night. It'd be hypocritical of me to critique a counter attacking team!

I just think they parked the bus after the red, s'all.

kharma45

Yeah, about that. It wasn't offside, the handball wasn't intentional and it was headed from a yard away, and you're a blind toaster

ABUs out in full force tonight.
lol was it you who was giving me shit over the "counter attack = park the bus ALWAYS"? Sorry, if it wasn't you :lol

I'm not giving United ANY grief over counter attacking. FUCK, its what I wanted Madrid to do all night. It'd be hypocritical of me to critique a counter attacking team!

It wasn't me, cunt :p

Slizz

Welllllllll......

Wilbur

Banned
You guys played a great tactical match. If it was a red, it's a really soft red, but Nani should've known better.

Still working my way through the thread :lol :lol

I hope you know the last post I made to you was tongue in cheek <3 as are most the ones I've done. Apart from the first one. Ref's a cunt.

Glad that if we didn't go through, you could.

Madridy

Great 2nd Half for us. The red card was 50/50 depending on what kind of ref you get for these kind of games.

What a fucking great week for us, been an amazing 7 days. Diego Lopez was outstanding, Ronaldo was fucking awful except for the goal, Modric is the kind of player we need in these games where we have more possession, and shame about Di Maria's injury.

Anyways, Hardluck ManU fans. Great couple games.

HALA MADRID

You know what? After the rough season we've been having, it's fucking NICE to see Madrid win 3 in a row, especially with the teams we have won against.

Also, I love Casillas but ever since LOPEZ signed on, our team has looked more confident. More unified. Almost want to end the season with Casillas on the bench.

HALA MADRID!

Sviat, what was up with Donetsk tonight? They were really bad in the first half, not that I'm complaining but I was expecting much more from them. Pretty much what they showed in the second half before Donetsk's keeper basically ended the match. It was a terrible idea for them to park the bus and rely on counter attacks when the defense isn't all that good.

No idea. I think there was something wrong with their offseason prep to be honest. They were quite disappointing in the home leg too and didn't look particularly impressive in their Ukrainian League game on the weekend either. Lucescu has to take the blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom