• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enough trolling. I hope you guys took it lightly, United gaf.

I don't think Madrid were the better team as much as they were in Santiago Bernabeu. And I don't think that was a straight red.

But I do think the win was deserved.
Yeah they still had to score the two goals, and two great goals they were. No hard feelings at all.

Shiloa

Bullshit. Don't blindly raise your studs at chest-height in a position where its a probability that another player is running towards the ball as well, and you'll be reet

So you basically never want to see an overhead goal ever? You never want to see a volley? Hell, if you have someone like John Terry on the pitch, his head might be flying in anywhere so moving your feet might be dangerous.

Jensen

Even though the game was was killed by the red card, it was nice to see Madrid at Old Trafford again and your fans made the atmosphere in Manchester really special during the build up to the game. Hopefully it isn't another 10 more years to see the next United vs Madrid.

K1LLER7

United Midfield did very well until the red. It's always hard when the opposition have an extra man in there.

Like how Fergie tried to do what Dortmund did by stopping Alonso. He was no where in the 1st half and after the red started to get on the ball more. Madrid need another similar player in midfield because Khedira isn't the best on the ball.

Rooting for Dortmund

Dibbz

Well in this case it's awareness that is the key issue. Nani clearly watched the ball the whole way and wasn't aware of Arbeloa.

If playing by the books, then a player should never do anything that could possibly be a hazard. That would create an entirely new, non-contact sport where feet couldn't even be lifted from the floor.

Fucking hyperbole much? As long as you don't slice your fucking boot across someones belly you're fucking golden. Rule isn't that hard to understand. It might have been a bit harsh but CL matches are known to be strict with shit like this.

You give the ref the chance to give a red you can't complain.

Brinbe

Lol why can't United fans be proud, or why is that bullshit?

I get that for many people this is wonderful and they should enjoy it, that's the nature of football and the tribalism amongst fans.

Doesn't mean we as United fans can not be proud of our teams efforts or that is somehow a cop out. You ask for your team to at least give you maximum effort and our players did that. It's better than being knocked out by lying down or not showing courage which we have done in the past, for example when we lost to City 1-0 at the Etihad.

Anyway...

Not giving the ABU trolls enough salt apparently.

Wilbur

Banned
His hand is level with his head. What the fuck was it doing there if not trying to block the goal?

To me I think its an instinctive thing (LUIS SUAREZ er WAYNE ROONEY er im a cunt) but when whichever Madrid player actually heads it, his arm starts to pull away and he's shoved his head towards it. I don't think its intentional at all, I don't think it would have hit his arm if he had made contact with it instead of a Madrid player... but at the same time I've seen them given. Would have been apoplectic at the time.

I suppose I've seen the Nani ones given as well. But still. Fuck Cunt Cakir. Cunt cunt cunt I hope he fucking eats a bit of mouldy cheese and gets an infection and his eyeballs bleed

Koko

Banned
ibvK33D2xTQypZ.gif

7 of 10 in Busquets' Scale

Rooney was poor when he came on. Frogie made the right decision, I think. Giggs played like some 10 years his junior.

The amount of times he busted a gut to get back and cover. I'm sure he ran twice the distance of some of his team mates. Even ABUs have to admit he's a legend.

Kyoufu

Frogson logic:

Ball is kicked at RVP: HE COULD HAVE BEEN KILLED!!!!!!!

Nani Liu Kang flying kicks Madrid player: FUCK OFF REFEREE!!!!

That red was bs and somewhat shift the match to Madrid's favour but United still had their chances. However seeing as we were screwed against United earlier this season by bogus red card/s and offside goal I am not exactly cut up over this.

Wilbur

Banned
frogbi-san still made a big mistake starting welbeck over rooney. welbeck's foot work is disastrous and united were having trouble keeping the ball; having rooney on would've helped, surely.

Welbeck was our best player. We can say having Rooney on would have helped and indeed before the match I was angry as fuck, but it was working. It was fucking working.

I don't know why I ever doubt Ferguson.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
I kind of wish these teams would drop into the Europa League or get some kind of playoff or something.

I guess UEFA don't want to dilute the CL's value by having big name ties in EL though.

Keio

For a Finer World
Most inspired executive decision this season? Perez buying Lopez to put an end to the Adan farce. Lopez saved Real Madrid after Cun(ey)t Cakir had ruined the game.

edit: And to give credit to Real Madrid, the second goal was a beautiful play.

WJD

I'm just going to assume that everyone calling that a "flying kick", "kung-fu kick" or any such variant has never played a game of football in their lives.

So you basically never want to see an overhead goal ever? You never want to see a volley? Hell, if you have someone like John Terry on the pitch, his head might be flying in anywhere so moving your feet might be dangerous.

Re: Overheads, I think it should be a red card offense when its clear the player isn't aware of his surroundings when they try, and smash their oppenent in the head. Overheads are overrated anyway :p

Re: Volleys, 99% of volleys are made by players running onto the ball with a full view of the players around them, with time to pull out if it becomes dangerous. And the feet are rarely lifted high enough to be a health risk, and the technique makes it a lot easier to prevent the follow through from causing damage

Re: John Terry, he lowers his head to dangerous positions, so he can hardly complain when he receives the odd kicks to the upper body. Plus he's a cunt, so he deserves to be booted in the head :p

jtb

Banned
I kind of wish these teams would drop into the Europa League or get some kind of playoff or something.

I guess UEFA don't want to dilute the CL's value by having big name ties in EL though.

why the hell would you want that? the Europa League is terrible enough as is.

It was a definite red card. Anyone who disagrees obviously don't know the rules. The man came in with a flying kung fu kick.
...to control the ball, unaware that another player was approaching. If you are not allowed to do this, we're gonna have to change the way everyone plays football. As a guy on twitter says: "If you can't have feet high because it's "dangerous" surely you're no longer allowed overhead kicks in a crowded box?"

Let's say someone attempted an overhead kick in the box and a defender happened to get in the way and got hit in the chest. It would never be more than a yellow. Most of the time it would be just a free kick. And a lot of the time it wouldn't even stop play.

Football is dead

I mocked untied fans tonight (a team on their way to winning the league and just got beat off Madrid) then Chris Fucking Eagles scores a last minute winner against us at Bolton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom