• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mou : "I've played with 10 men against Barcelona and it was cheating. Today wasn't cheating, it was a decision. A yellow could probably have been fine but the ref decided red". He just had to get Barca in there.
KuGsj.gif

(It really sounds like he says Chicken when saying Cheating)

Wilbur

Banned
Remember that time

Man Utd fans thought they could win the treble

With Tom Cleverley

Remember that time

No one realistically thought we could

Apart from you

And even with your Sissokos

And your Cabayes

You're still 15th

With no trophies since before the suffragettes movement

And no the Intertoto doesn't count

I've shit in more valuable flasks

Kiraly

Unaware or not doesn't matter, I can't spit on someone's face and say I was unaware of him and he was just walking by

Kyoufu

Remember that time

No one realistically thought we could

Apart from you

And even with your Sissokos

And your Cabayes

You're still 15th

With no trophies since before the suffragettes movement

And no the Intertoto doesn't count

I've shit in more valuable flasks

Who cares about Newcastle we're just a wee club in the North-East.

Right?

Re: Overheads, I think it should be a red card offense when its clear the player isn't aware of his surroundings when they try, and smash their oppenent in the head. Overheads are overrated anyway :p

Re: Volleys, 99% of volleys are made by players running onto the ball with a full view of the players around them, with time to pull out if it becomes dangerous. And the feet are rarely lifted high enough to be a health risk, and the technique makes it a lot easier to prevent the follow through from causing damage

Re: John Terry, he lowers his head to dangerous positions, so he can hardly complain when he receives the odd kicks to the upper body. Plus he's a cunt, so he deserves to be booted in the head :p
Let me put this to you.

In the first half RVP went for a bicycle kick type attempt, dunno if you remember it. His foot was as high as his head. He wasn't looking at anything but the ball. He didn't connect with anybody, but he might have.

Is it only a red card if you connect?

Because his foot was higher than Nani's and he was swinging at full strength.

You can't seriously think there is a distinction between players trying over-heads and players controlling the ball - the former is far more dangerous anyway.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I do find all the bitching about the red card ironic considering Real Madrid was denied a penalty from a handball. Shite ref was shite for everyone.

Wilbur

Banned
What happened to RVP?

He looked more intoxicated than Bendtner tonight.

RVP es basura

Just think he needs a rest. He's played consistently for Arsenal and not missed any games all last season because he was their outstanding player, then played at the Euros, then plays every game for us... won't be surprised to see Chicha a little more tbh

Slizz

Let me put this to you.

In the first half RVP went for a bicycle kick type attempt, dunno if you remember it. His foot was as high as his head. He wasn't looking at anything but the ball. He didn't connect with anybody, but he might have.

crouchtaylor.gif

Clegg

I'm sad that we lost. But it's not that absolute desolation I felt after the two beatings we took against Barca in the Champions League finals.

Feeling optimistic about this team. We still need reinforcements in certain areas and hopefully those will come. Now we have to make sure that our level of performance doesn't drop too much when we get back to the league and FA Cup.

Yen

notBigSam ‏@TheBig_Sam
Sir Alex distraught, and Hugo Chavez dead in the one evening. It never rains for Big Sam, but it fucking well pours. Like a busted minge.

Noirulus

This is interesting actually. I'm just reading through the FIFA rules.

Law 12. Fouls and Misconduct. Pt 28

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdeveloping/refereeing/law_12_fouls_misconduct_en_47379.pdf

Here are the important parts:

So really, it should've been a yellow. But you can't expect referees to know the rules it seems these days. No one seems to - I know I didn't. Refereeing is ridiculously inconsistent in practice, even at this level.

That's a yellow if the action poses a risk but doesn't actually follow through and hurt the player. It's a red by the rule books, perhaps, but I still don't accept the red card because Nani's leg was in the air MUCH before Arbeloa came in and got hit.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
RVP es basura

Just think he needs a rest. He's played consistently for Arsenal and not missed any games all last season because he was their outstanding player, then played at the Euros, then plays every game for us... won't be surprised to see Chicha a little more tbh

:lol he was terrible

Soi-Fong

I'm sad that we lost. But it's not that absolute desolation I felt after the two beatings we took against Barca in the Champions League finals.

Feeling optimistic about this team. We still need reinforcements in certain areas and hopefully those will come. Now we have to make sure that our level of performance doesn't drop too much when we get back to the league and FA Cup.

This.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
why the hell would you want that? the Europa League is terrible enough as is.
It's terrible because no one gives a shit until the QF by which time it's just mid-table Spanish teams left since they're the only ones who put any effort into the group stage.

But I remember some classic UEFA cup ties with teams like Barca, Liverpool, Porto, At. Madrid, etc.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Love Chicha but he doesn't do shit in games like these. Just doesn't fit.
How many times has Chicharito saved Fergie's arse in games that looked like goners? Not to mention his first touch was surely needed when United was pouncing on Madrid's goal during that spell late in the game.

Zabojnik

Congrats Real and Borussia. Some fantastic teams in this year's CL. I feel like anyone of the big teams could win it at this point, with Bayern being candidate no. 1, Dortmund a close second.

I do find all the bitching about the red card ironic considering Real Madrid was denied a penalty from a handball. Shite ref was shite for everyone.
The Rafael one? That's not a penalty surely? Was point blank.

Madrid players had the ball hit their arms twice but also from close range and off powerful shots.

Don't think there were any pens in the game.

Clegg

Fergie is underrated as a tactical coach.

I thought we dealt with Ronaldo pretty well. He wasn't the marauding force he usually is.

But it just goes to show how good he is that he was quiet over both legs yet he still managed to score twice.

severin

Funny that Crouch got away with a high boot that basically fucking broke Matt Taylor's face at the weekend there. Again, consistency a big issue. Regardless, the red for Nani was right. Dangerous play, intent means dick. Good day, sirs.

D_prOdigy

How many times has Chicharito saved Fergie's arse in games that looked like goners? Not to mention his first touch was surely needed when United was pouncing on Madrid's goal during that spell late in the game.

Against teams like Newcastle. Not against teams like Madrid.

He was non-existent in the CL final against Barca. His style is summed up by the replay of the David Villa goal and he's just stood watching it all happen with his hands on his hips at the half-way line.

Let me put this to you.

You can't seriously think there is a distinction between players trying over-heads and players controlling the ball - the former is far more dangerous anyway.

From recollection, Van Persie wasn't within 10 yards of a defender. If nothing happens, I'd give the benefit to the kicker and assume that they were aware that they weren't posing any threat to anybody around them. If a player throws caution to the wind and says 'fuck it, who gives a shit if I could stud somebody' and proceeds to do just that, its an undeniable fact that they didn't think to take any care in avoiding said dangerous play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom