• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh he definitely did what he intended to do, but if it was just 1 inch further to the right, it probably doesn't take the same angle after deflecting off the post. I think fortuitous is a good descriptor. Amazing how such a small margin can have such a big repercussion. We see it every game (Guzan had two fingertip saves that caused balls to hit the post instead of go in yesterday) but it's always impressive.
Yeah fair enough.

It's just something you hear alot of when somebody scores a pearler - "well he just smashed it and it went in". Of course, could have just missed...but it didn't! Full credit to Modric it was a wonderful goal and it didn't even have that much to do with us being down to 10 men.

Tc91

Honestly it's pretty pathetic Froggie hasn't spoken to the media. Surely he's professional enough to come and give his point of view to the fans.

It's smart.

He's told the players not to talk either, he doesn't want to risk a ban/fine and that's understandable as he's fuming right now.

Salvadora

Yep.

In order of the teams likely to go through

1. Madrid
2. Dortmund
3. Juventus

Don't want Barca, Arsenal, Bayern, PSG or Milan to win. Celtic would be hilarious. Porto and Malaga would be nice. Couldn't give a fuck about Valencia, Gala or Schalke
Arsenal winning could potentially mean Chelsea don't feature in the Champion's League next season. You know you want that.

Arnie

Honestly it's pretty pathetic Froggie hasn't spoken to the media. Surely he's professional enough to come and give his point of view to the fans.
Especially considering the challenge itself. The colour of the card is debatable, as has been quite clearly proven. This isn't some injustica scandal, Nani was dumb to fly around with his studs at that height.

It's smart.

He's told the players not to talk either, he doesn't want to risk a ban/fine and that's understandable as he's fuming right now.

He's not professional enough to just talk about the game from an objective standpoint? Without insulting the referee. Especially since the red card doesn't look anywhere near as ridiculous as it initially did.

arkon

From what I've seen, Bayern could take this Madrid team. They're my favourites to win it. Would like Juve or Malaga/Porto though.

Wilbur

Banned
Main difference in the game for me was Welbeck having to go out wide after the red. The amount of time Alonso had on the ball before and after that was ludicrous.

Welbeck is a hero in my eyes. Was fucking amazing all night.

Arsenal winning could potentially mean Chelsea don't feature in the Champion's League next season. You know you want that.

But what if you win it and Chelsea come third and Spurs come fourth

I'll be so fucking angry

Soi-Fong

Roy Keane deserves to have his dick cut off and have it be fed to wild animals (and Pepe). What a terrible human. Also his gray on the chin beard reminds me of Mel Gibson.

I may not agree with you on many occasions, but damn I just spit out my drink reading this.

It's embarrassing.

He did once last season too but I can't quite remember who it was against.

At some stage on the night he has to come out and say something. Just because the players and fans deserve it, at the very least.

Meier

The beautiful comeuppance of #vivaronaldo is a dream scenario. That one is going to stick around for a long time.

That was then.

Tell me the number of times La Liga teams have spanked English clubs since?

Chelsea beating Barca over two legs?

Pretty certain the only matches since then has been Atletico Chelsea, and this match, which United almost certainly could have won had they had 11 men on the field.

Not that In think the decision was wrong.

EDIT: just remembered City vs Madrid, which City nearly won at the Bernabeu and played half assedly vs Madrid at the Etihad.

Wilbur

Banned
Wilbs, you want Bayern to win. Admit it.

no

I wouldn't mind if they did actually to be honest. Far rather them than Barca or PSG. But:

3. JUVENTUS - love all the Juve bros here, every single one. I love their kits. I love their manager. I love their stadium. I love their midfielders and defenders. I love Vucinic's moustache.

2. DORTMUND - even though a few of the fans here are militant nutjobs, I still love them. I love their kits. I love their manager. I love their stadium. I love their midfielders and defenders. I love Gotze's hair.

1. MADRID - some great fans on here too, love them all apart from Pulga the cunt who I just want to fuck. I love their kits. I love their manager. I love their stadium. I love their midfielders and defenders and goalkeeper. I love Ronaldo. I love Marcelo's hair. I love Alonso's beard. La Decima.

I want a Dortmund-Madrid rematch in the quarters. Think it would be really fun. Would be interesting to see how Mou would adjust from the group stage games.

Kyoufu

Chelsea beating Barca over two legs?

Pretty certain the only matches since then has been Atletico Chelsea, and this match, which United almost certainly could have won had they had 11 men on the field.

Not that In think the decision was wrong.

Man United vs Barcelona... twice. Spanked hard on both occasions. It wasn't even fair.

How did Man Utd get knocked out last season?

Man City lost to Real too.

arkon

no

I wouldn't mind if they did actually to be honest. Far rather them than Barca or PSG. But:

3. JUVENTUS - love all the Juve bros here, every single one. I love their kits. I love their manager. I love their stadium. I love their midfielders and defenders. I love Vucinic's moustache. Most of all I love Pogba.

2. DORTMUND - even though a few of the fans here are militant nutjobs, I still love them. I love their kits. I love their manager. I love their stadium. I love their midfielders and defenders. I love Gotze's hair.

1. MADRID - some great fans on here too, love them all apart from Pulga the cunt who I just want to fuck. I love their kits. I love their manager. I love their stadium. I love their midfielders and defenders and goalkeeper. I love Ronaldo. I love Marcelo's hair. I love Alonso's beard. La Decima.

Fixed.

Meier

What is this all about?

Did Rooney tweet that tonight or something?

Yeah, he tweeted it when Ronnie scored the last second goal against us at the Bernabeu. Last I saw it was at 18k retweets but I'm sure it's blown up. It was at like 2k retweets when I did it after dc linked to it. :lol

I do love me some Stereophonics though, so I'll agree with Wazza on that.

Wilbur

Banned
"The reception was unbelievable. It was an emotional moment for me, for both games, especially tonight.

"I do not have words to explain how I feel. The supporters made me feel shy as I did not play how I play all the time.

"Anyway I helped my team, and I feel a little happy inside, on the other hand I feel sad as Manchester United are out.

"To be honest I did not see what Nani did, but these situations happen in football.

"The future we never know, but the supporters here and the club are massive. At this moment I am very happy in Madrid and I want to be there."

Cristiano <3333333

We still created chances after the red card too.

We were just unlucky, I suppose.

Welbeck coming off Alonso was huge. But the Carrick and Vidic headers, the Rooney volley... missed chances. Fucking huge.

I'm so proud of us. Fuck morons like Arnesto who will spiff his load when they beat Zenit thanks to Stewart Downing.

We still created chances after the red card too.

We were just unlucky, I suppose.
No we weren't finishing well enough.

We were unlucky with the red card IMO and possible with the Varane decision in the away leg.

We had good enough chances to score 4 or 5 goals in the tie, easily. Madrid had one or 2 clear chances in both legs, I think.

It's a good building block though. A team develops and grows into winning the European Cup, it happened with the 08 win too. We need to make sure we learn the lessons.

Man United vs Barcelona... twice. Spanked hard on both occasions. It wasn't even fair.

How did Man Utd get knocked out last season?

Man City lost to Real too.

FC Basel of Switzerland, nothing to do with La Liga.

Chelsea vs Barca was after both the United vs Barca finals, even then United have beaten Barca over two legs.

Peco

no

3. JUVENTUS - love all the Juve bros here, every single one. I love their kits. I love their manager. I love their stadium. I love their midfielders and defenders. I love Vucinic's moustache.

No love for strikers? :(

I guess the only thing I can take solace in after that match is the unemployment in my country isn't as bad as theirs. Enjoy your champions league run, I'll continue to enjoy my stable career.

On a serious note, the match was great up until the red card. It denied both sides the climactic finish that was building. I can see where the ref felt it was a red but still, in those "feel" situations in a match like that, don't give the straight fucking red. Yellow all day every day.

What the hell is the point of saying that? Jesus christ you're bitter.

defel

At some stage on the night he has to come out and say something. Just because the players and fans deserve it, at the very least.

If hes gonna come out and run his mouth off I actually think its better for the fans and the team that he thinks about what hes gonna say after he has calmed down a bit. Whats embarrassing is when Fergie says stupid things while caught up in the emotion of the moment.

Wilbur

Banned

get out

I have to say, I do enjoy these reasoned discussions after the trolling and instant reactions

I love the FootyGAF cycle:

Informed, intelligent discussion > trolling > sex and dick talk > informed, intelligent discussion > food > sex and dick talk > music > sex and dick talk > trolling > informed, intelligent discussion > television shows > sex and dick talk > lolerpool

Also you can talk about United losing to Basel all you want, but the fact of the matter is Madrid finished second in their group and Barcelona lost to Celtic.

TO FUCKING CELTIC.

Welbeck coming off Alonso was huge. But the Carrick and Vidic headers, the Rooney volley... missed chances. Fucking huge.

I'm so proud of us. Fuck morons like Arnesto who will spiff his load when they beat Zenit thanks to Stewart Downing.

Based Lopez.

Seriously now, how is supossed Casillas to play when that guy save us and made us win the match?.

No we weren't finishing well enough.

We were unlucky with the red card IMO and possible with the Varane decision in the away leg.

We had good enough chances to score 4 or 5 goals in the tie, easily. Madrid had one or 2 clear chances in both legs, I think.

It's a good building block though. A team develops and grows into winning the European Cup, it happened with the 08 win too. We need to make sure we learn the lessons.

+1 Respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom