• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

I think Fergie might want one more go at the Champions League.

He could easily call it a day if we win the league this season though.

Meier

Both I think. Older, wiser. Less inclined to get nervous. More mentally stable. The whole squad's improved.
I think it's mostly RVP and City's strikers not scoring as often. That's pretty much the difference in the league. Chicha's late heroics too.

TrueBlue

What do you think has changed within the squad? We have have pretty much the same team as we did last year. RVP is a boost but he can't be the sole reason for our improvement.

Fergie lighting a fire under the squad after how we lost the league last season?

It also helps that City have gone off the boil.

faridmon

I love the FootyGAF cycle:

Informed, intelligent discussion > trolling > sex and dick talk > informed, intelligent discussion > food > sex and dick talk > music > sex and dick talk > trolling > informed, intelligent discussion > television shows > sex and dick talk > lolerpool

Where is Anime?

Apparently Blackburn fans sang 'Fabrice Muamba should be dead' at tonights game against Bolton.

Sorry Jeff but Blackburn should go down.

Pricks. They just overturned Millwall fans as the worst fans in the sport. Blackburn should go bankrupt.

arkon

Apparently Blackburn fans sang 'Fabrice Muamba should be dead' at tonights game against Bolton.

Sorry Jeff but Blackburn should go down.

Every ground has its share of absolute bellends singing vile shit. There are idiots in every fanbase. Let's not tar them all with the same brush.

I think it's mostly RVP and City's strikers not scoring as often. That's pretty much the difference in the league. Chicha's late heroics too.

It also helps that City have gone off the boil.

I don't think City going off the boil makes a difference to the commitment the United players have had until now - especially the younger ones.

Last season we were wilting in quite a few games.

Also City have scored more late winners/rescued points than United this season.

K1LLER7

twitter reacts

AC Milan’s Kevin-Prince Boateng ‏(@KPBofficial) can’t believe Nani’s red card: “How can you give a red card for that??? Is he serious….??? That’s sad killing a big game like that… #ManUvRealM”

Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany ‏(@VincentKompany) disagrees with the referee’s decision: “Never a red card.”

Norwich midfielder Anthony Pilkington (‏@Pilkington_11) reckons the official is an attention seeker: “What is the ref doing!!? This clown loves a red card!! Why do some referees think the games about them!! #headsgone”

Dutch legend Ruud Gullit (‏@GullitR) says the game has been ruined: “ Unbelievably bad decision by the ref. The red card changed the whole game for #manchesterunited…”

Finally, Gareth Bale (‏@GarethBale11) reckons his former Spurs team-mate made the difference: “Harsh on United. Thought Modric made the difference when he came on. Giggs 1000 games… #legend

Make Bale the next Giggs, #BasedGlazers

Wilbur

Banned

Don't think its as simple as that in all honesty. We've been better than you this season overall, not just because your strikers haven't been putting them in. We've been better mentally, we've shown more fight, we have a better manager, we've been better tactically, we've had people scoring when RVP hasn't been. Its a tad reductive to say RVP is the difference between us and you this season. Your strikers aren't on form too much, correct... but your entire team haven't been that strong either

Where is Anime?

On the seventh rung of hell

ibdvWDOsNdVpc4.gif

Timurid

Not seeing it tbh. Many XI players missing, comfortable away lead. We're more likely to lose 0-1 or 1-2. Dat italian DNA.

When the world cup comes around we should demote juve to Serie B and we will probably win the world cup.

Anyway, GAF loves formations and so do I!

I'm expecting PSG's formation to be:

-----------Sirigu

Jallet--TSilva--Sakho--Maxwell

-------Motta----Matuidi

Lucas------------------Pastore

------Lavezzi---Gameiro

Also, Gundogen + Kehl > Gondugen + Bender > Kehl + Bender

Must disagree, Bender + Gündogan is the best pairing.

Also, that's a strange thing to say after tonight's game. Kehl had a rather bad start in the match while Bender looked great. I later found out that Kehl has a broken rip and it showed.

Zenit were really poor and I was very relieved we were able to make it through. Liverpool were pushing on strongly after their first goal. On the other hand though, Suarez' first goal went right through the wall( curse you Danny) and Allen's goal was directly caused by Suarez fouling and injuring Lombaerts that wasn't called. Besides that Liverpool actually didn't create anything in the first half. Second half though, we were fucking scrambling.

Cheers

Its a really weird feeling when you're happy with the result, but unhappy with the consequence

Time for one of those random questions that Fry loves so much

Does Suarez's decrease in abject cuntitude

a) reflect well on Godgers
b) reflect poorly on Kenny
c) both of the above
d) neither or the above

?

Wilbur

Banned
Cheers

Its a really weird feeling when you're happy with the result, but unhappy with the consequence

c) both of the above
d) neither or the above

?

e) less cocaine

arkon

Cheers

c) both of the above
d) neither or the above

?

d)

what decrease? :p

Cheers

c) both of the above
d) neither or the above

?
Has he decreased in cuntitude though? In that game against Zenit alone, he injures Lombaerts + this against Hubocan.

Y2lpdKc.gif

faridmon

Must disagree, Bender + Gündogan is the best pairing.

Also, that's a strange thing to say after tonight's game. Kehl had a rather bad start in the match while Bender looked great. I later found out that Kehl has a broken rip and it showed.

Dortmund was much more controlling in the second half IMO. Kehl gave the midfield a bit more omph going forward and made the team create more chances. I thought Dortmund were shaky in the 1st half, even though they scored two goals.

Kehl being injured make me more impressed of his ability in the Midfield.

Salvadora

Cheers

c) both of the above
d) neither or the above

?

Neither. Suarez just does what he wants.

Wilbur

Banned
Playing FM. 7 of my first 10 games are away. Won 9, drawn 1, lost 0. Kagawa in assist god mode.

Fuck real life. I am winning everything HERE

@Onett, Ibra the better player but I'd rather have Falcao a) better goal scorer b) not as big a cunt c) to piss Fry off

Yen

Cheers

c) both of the above
d) neither or the above

?

Expect the thread to start listing all this season's misdemeanors

d)

what decrease? :p

:p

In all seriousness, there's been less racism, dangerous tackles, mad swings at the ball/opponents, shirt-tugs, flailing arms, sarcastic applause and referee-berating this season

edit: To clarify, I'm not saying he's eliminated the cuntish things by any means, just that they happen a lot less often

K1LLER7

Think we've been playing differntly this season too. We've been going trough the middle more and even changed from a 4-4-2 to a 4-2-3-1. less predictable play on shifting it out wide all the time. I'm sure Fergie's going to look to build the team similar to how Dortmund play, but we'll need more pace in the team for that.

faridmon

Bloody hell! I wasn't planning to watch football, but Dortmund pulled me in. You beauty devils! How can I resist your sensuous yellow fabric. Also Reus was in beast mode, the one where he run down from the right, Messi-like was amazing. If he scored that, it would have been the goal of the round.

Wilbur

Banned
Think we've been playing differntly this season too. We've been going trough the middle more and even changed from a 4-4-2 to a 4-2-3-1. less predictable play on shifting it out wide all the time. I'm sure Fergie's going to look to build the team similar to how Dortmund play, but we'll need more pace in the team for that.

Yeah, I think today and against Norwich/QPR we've played some really lovely stuff at times. Definitely don't think we're mechanical, as tongue in cheek as we've been with that recently. A Palace fan at work told me he loves the way we play, finds it odd that we're criticised sometimes because teams drop horrendously deep against us, we're pacey and strong and good both in possession and on the counter.

naturally i agreed

probably has to do with the 15m

Yeah, I think today and against Norwich/QPR we've played some really lovely stuff at times. Definitely don't think we're mechanical, as tongue in cheek as we've been with that recently. A Palace fan at work told me he loves the way we play, finds it odd that we're criticised sometimes because teams drop horrendously deep against us, we're pacey and strong and good both in possession and on the counter.

naturally i agreed

probably has to do with the 15m

Something that doesn't get enough criticism is the utter lack of identity in Man City's play. It makes the first 30 minutes of every City game absolutely shite as their front 6 try to figure out what they should be doing

arkon

:p

In all seriousness, there's been less racism, dangerous tackles, mad swings at the ball/opponents, shirt-tugs, flailing arms, sarcastic applause and referee-berating this season

edit: To clarify, I'm not saying he's eliminated the cuntish things by any means, just that they happen a lot less often

Seriously? Probably c) then. I think lack of anything really big this season like the racism stuff helps, and if it did occur this year I have a feeling Rodgers would have handled it better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom