• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

coldfoot

Banned
I'm glad Ronaldo scored today, which will hopefully make Yilmaz score and eliminate Schalke next week. Fuck Schalke and fuck Milan.

Timurid

So honestly....what is your reason for supporting PSG besides their oil money?

Besides dat Qatari Oil, I suppose the other reason is my dad is from Paris. So I feel I have some connection to the city/club. I haven't really followed them like I do with Toro though.

Fair enough. I do like this young Milan side myself but to be fair, I think they are too volatile. I do hope they beat Barca, because their fluid football is not there anymore.

Milan - Dortmund quarterfinal
Real Madrid - Bayern Munich Quarterfinal

Dortmund - Bayern Final

Woof

Dream ties, only make them the semis

The first leg could be written off as a quirk of his strengths and the specific job you needed him to do. Being left out altogether though raises a lot of questions.
It could be, I agree, but nonetheless in the two games there were 4 players favoured to him in a central position.

You have to wonder, do you pay £200k a week to somebody who "does a job" in the biggest of games? Maybe it is just down to his versatility...but for the club and more than that for himself, surely he should be contributing more.

Meier

You have Aguero, Tevez, and Dzeko. If that's not enough world-class strikers to fire you to the treble and beyond, then there's a bigger problem than just the lack of RVP.
Well, our coach is moderately infuriating so that doesn't help.

Clegg

Wonder if Rooney will be with us next season.

Him being left out tonight and used the way he was in the first leg is pretty damning.

Makes you wonder about that Times story.

You just know he has to be pissed off that Nani and Welbeck were picked ahead of him for the home leg. I think he could stomach being made expendable for RVP but not for anyone else in this United squad.

Makes you wonder about his status within the squad too.

It could be, I agree, but nonetheless in the two games there were 4 players favoured to him in a central position.

You have to wonder, do you pay £200k a week to somebody who "does a job" in the biggest of games? Maybe it is just down to his versatility...but for the club and more than that for himself, surely he should be contributing more.

James Milner gets £80k pw to do that ineffectively every time he steps on the pitch, so its not a massive leap :p

Wilbur

Banned
article-0-0BAB323D000005DC-856_964x616_popup.jpg

image.php

Suen

First leg you were better. Second leg we were better. All in all, you weren't the ones that fucked us tonight, it was the ref. No hate for Madrid. Like I've said a bunch of times now, I want you to go on and win.

Lopez was fucking great. Pulled off four or five great saves; RVP, Vidic, Welbeck, Carrick...
That ref decision really killed it. I was watching this with my older bro, him being a long-term Man Utd fan so we were really looking forward to a good match but it only lasted one half :/

I feel sorry for him as he cheers for Barca and Milan as well (Milan primarily) and one of them will be eliminated as well :lol

I hope we can win this but to be honest I don't feel all that confident after today's performance. I was expecting much more after having had a great performance against Barca last week.

Also I forgot to say this in my previous post but Giggs is a fucking warrior. I don't understand where he gets all the energy at that age, what a guy. Props to him.

IceCold

I have nothing against Barca. I just wish their games were more entertaining but that's not always their fault. They also have significantly less Portucunts in their squad than Madrid does. To be honest, it kills me that Zenit now have 3 Portucunts.

dat salt. I bet your avatar is a picture of you right now.

Suen

Even though the game was was killed by the red card, it was nice to see Madrid at Old Trafford again and your fans made the atmosphere in Manchester really special during the build up to the game. Hopefully it isn't another 10 more years to see the next United vs Madrid.

Real Madrid, Manchester United, Bayern Munich and Juventus, all in the same group in the next CL, BELIEVE!!!!

Sorry pulga :(

Clegg

I wonder if Fergie is thinking of cashing in on Rooney.

I know a lot of people think he's overrated but he's still a very good player. With two years left on his contract he'd go for lot of money.

Messi

I know a lot of people think he's overrated but he's still a very good player. With two years left on his contract he'd go for lot of money.

Serious question, what big team would want him?

Meier

Still one of the best in the world. Any team would be lucky to have him.

I think Tevez will be sold this summer since he supposedly wants to move back to Argentina and will be down to his last year. There will be a lot of turnover.

I think your squad needs a shakeup in a few individual areas just to show your players that their positions aren't as secure as they think

Tevez out, Jovetic/Cavani in
Barry out, DDR in

And the big one

Toure out, Vidal in

jtb

Banned
Serious question, what big team would want him?

a more important question is which clubs even have the money?

my guess would be PSG and Madrid. Maybe City and Chelsea, but I doubt United would want to sell to domestic rivals.

Timurid

Finish your job first, then you can talk about winning it

It's going to be PSG v Rubentus final and the Rube's meltdown after the match will be glorious!

In reality, it would be a Bayern v Madrid or Dortmund vs Bayern depends how the draw goes.

Add Barca in the mix if they beat Milan.

faridmon

Oh no, you didn't!

I am sorry, but my conscious have spoken and overturned my desires. I despise a country that openly promotes plastic surgery and fake, untalented musicians. Also, Pathecisism, if such word ever existed.

You know what, I am dropping the whole movie, what a piece of shit that movie is. From a shitty country.
I'll finish Sword Art Online

Lunchbox

Banned

he reached his peak and will slowly fade now, so i would (but thats because i never liked fat scouser in the first place)

PGS swap for lucas moura

Meier

I think your squad needs a shakeup in a few individual areas just to show your players that their positions aren't as secure as they think

Tevez out, Jovetic/Cavani in
Barry out, DDR in

And the big one

Toure out, Vidal in
Totti is apparently signing another extension (until 2015) so that means 2 more years for DDR (at least) until he's captain. I wonder if he may finally give in and look to move. Barry is a good squad player but we do need someone better starting.

Nasri has to go. He is honestly the only guy I definitely want gone. I actively dislike him.

sohois

Saw the Red card offence. Seems pretty cut and dry to me, I'm surprised (well not really surprised :lol British media) to read match reports bemoaning an awful decision. Regardless if it was intended, he kicked him right in the torso, that's a red all day for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom