• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
I'm bed drinking water, dreaming of Liverpool being back in the Champions league
Watching this eat away at Liverpool fans is the one thing that gets me through Ross County and Inverness CT games and makes me never, ever want a move to the EPL. Wouldn't wish that on anyone, especially not a club like that. Hope you're back in a season or two.

Night. :)

Watching this eat away at Liverpool fans is the one thing that gets me through Ross County and Inverness CT games and makes me never, ever want a move to the EPL. Wouldn't wish that on anyone, especially not a club like that. Hope you're back in a season or two.

It hurts, but we only have ourselves to blame really. Just have to hope that we remain relevant enough to challenge for the places. If that means Arsenal have to get dragged in amongst ourselves, Everton and Swansea, so be it :p

Wilbur

Banned
My predictions for the next few days:

Juventus 2 - 1 Celtic
Paris SG 1 - 1 Valencia

Anzhi Makhachkala 2-0 Newcastle
Plzen 1-1 Fenerbahce
Steaua Buch't 1-2 Chelsea
VfB Stuttgart 2-1 Lazio
Benfica 2-0 Bordeaux
FC Basel 1-1 Zenit St P'sbg
Levante 2-1 Rubin Kazan
Tottenham 2-1 Inter Milan

K1LLER7

I only watched the old one back when it became available. It was great and so was first OVA series. Greed Island was so-so though. How does the new one compare and how far does it go? I haven't finished reading the arc after Greed Island as I lost interest in the manga due to the King Of Hiatus being King Of Hiatus while leeching of on Sailor Moon money (nah seriously hope he's ok)

Watch it from the start whenever you get the time :)

I'm only up to ep 40, so around where
Gon and Killua find the tape recording made by Ging, Gon's dad.

faridmon

Is that Green Island Arc? Because that is where the old Anime stopped abruptly. Man, this is exciting.

Suen

Don't know if this has been posted

Maradona: I'd like to coach Napoli one day

The former Argentina trainer feels young coaches, such as himself, are being kept out of the big jobs because of their apparent lack of experience

Diego Maradona has revealed he would like to coach former club Napoli in the future, though bemoaned the lack of opportunities for young bosses.

The Argentina legend has been linked with a coaching role at Montpellier, but he feels that people with more experience get the monopoly on the top jobs.

"There's a possibility of me managing Napoli, but there are those lying coaches who come along and say they're going to retire to spend time with their families, and when a big club comes up, they take it," he told Marca.

"Let the youngsters have a go, for Christ's sake! It's a closed loop and there's no way in for the new guys.

"And there are some very capable youngsters, but these old guys, who say they're going to retire and then come back, they won't let us in."

The 52-year-old has also been the subject of reports linking him to Boca Juniors, and he admitted that is also a possibility.

He continued: "That's clearer for me than coaching Napoli. Sometimes I see managers who make changes that benefit the opposing team, and then I look in the mirror and say to myself: 'How can I not be coaching?'"

mara-600x400.jpg

GorillaJu

Alright, let's go Juve, lets go Dortmund. One of you two need to knock these cocky cuntwallets off their high horses. Juve can take care of Bayern, Dortmund take care of Real.

Lol 52 y/o Maradona complaining about "youngsters" not getting opportunities is hilarious. AVB, Rodgers and Pochettino are all under 40, no?

My predictions for the next few days:

Juventus 2 - 1 Celtic
Paris SG 1 - 1 Valencia

Anzhi Makhachkala 2-0 Newcastle
Plzen 1-1 Fenerbahce
Steaua Buch't 1-2 Chelsea
VfB Stuttgart 2-1 Lazio
Benfica 2-0 Bordeaux
FC Basel 1-1 Zenit St P'sbg
Levante 2-1 Rubin Kazan
Tottenham 2-1 Inter Milan

Away draw with Basel? #Doingwhatunitedcan't

Suen

Thanks, might as well do so soon once I've finished watching a few ongoing series. Seems they've come pretty far though if that happens on ep 40. How many episodes will it be?

Noirulus

Don't know if this has been posted

Maybe he should, you know, coach a lower table team first to prove his worth? It's not like he can hang on his Argentina experience to show his worth to a club like Napoli, despite his legend status there.

faridmon

Thanks, might as well do so soon once I've finished watching a few ongoing series. Seems they've come pretty far though if that happens on ep 40. How many episodes will it be?

I reckon, they are planning to catch the Manga, not that its hard thing to do anyway.

Suen

Maybe he should, you know, coach a lower table team first to prove his worth? It's not like he can hang on his Argentina experience to show his worth to a club like Napoli, despite his legend status there.
I'd love to see him coach Napoli only to experience all the ensuring laughter that will come out of it :lol. This guy can be nuts in the media. But you're right, he should start with a lower team and work himself up.

Suen

I reckon, they are planning to catch the Manga, not that its hard thing to do anyway.
They might as well finish off the story once they've caught up to the manga because at this point it will never be finished.

edit:

beat barca @ nou camp

beat man utd @ OT

CR7 scored in both games!

woooooooo!

Considering our performance this season we've done very well these seven days which makes me happy. This can only mean that we will lose against Celta Vigo on Sunday.

K1LLER7

they're on the 70th episode at the moment I think

Is that Green Island Arc? Because that is where the old Anime stopped abruptly. Man, this is exciting.

Green Island arc starts at Ep 59.

Cheers fry

And slowcoach Suen :p

Kyoufu, answer my damn question :D

not Kyoufu but I played it on PS3

pulga

Banned
quick thoughts:

-Where has Diego Lopez been all my life? He's fantastic. Surely Barca would be better served by him than by fucking Valdes.

-Where did RVP disappear to tonight? Expected much more from him over both legs. I still can't believe Welberg made me shit my pants more than any other United player.

fda1039a9bca175495bba23.gif

I love u Turk

What a fantastic sequence <3 Dat Ozil. Dat Pipita ( :O )

K1LLER7

Welberg's 2 games against Madrid are the best i've seen from him.

Other stand out performances would be the FA Cup away at City last year and the Sunderland v Chelsea game at Stam. Bridge.

He really needs to find his finishing.

On Ronnie, even though he scored in both legs, he didn't seem to be playing like his usual self. Would go missing for large parts of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom