• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
DAT LOPEZ

72678_543235149042639_90683215_n.jpg

Suen

quick thoughts:

-Where has Diego Lopez been all my life? He's fantastic. Surely Barca would be better served by him than by fucking Valdes.

-Where did RVP disappear to tonight? Expected much more from him over both legs. I still can't believe Welberg made me shit my pants more than any other United player.

What a fantastic sequence <3 Dat Ozil. Dat Pipita ( :O )
If it wasn't mostly for Varane (and Ramos somewhat but he did lots of mistakes) then Welberg would have made our defense look even more shit then what it is. I have to say I'm really happy we have Varane and Lopez on our teams, great additions in the squad, especially this season where Casillas hasn't been performing that well (plus the injury), Ramos having been inconsistent and Marcelo being out for a long time. Coentrao is not all that good, Arbeloa is shit.....and I'm not sure what to really think of Pepe this season. These two guys have pushed our defense in a good direction in my opinion.

Real were knocked out of last season&#8217;s Champions League because they lacked a player who could play short, neat passes in the midfield zone, in the manner of Toni Kroos, and Modric&#8217;s signing allowed them to field a player like that in place of any of the three existing midfielders.

Good analysis but I specially like this. That's was our problem with Bayern and Modric can fill that hole. I hope Mou gives him more chances to adapt to the team completely because Modric could be the key to win the CL.

Ronaldo doesn't show up at big games though.

Strange thing to said to the guy who scored 2 of the 3 Madrid goals...

Welberg's 2 games against Madrid are the best i've seen from him.

Other stand out performances would be the FA Cup away at City last year and the Sunderland v Chelsea game at Stam. Bridge.

He really needs to find his finishing.

On Ronnie, even though he scored in both legs, he didn't seem to be playing like his usual self. Would go missing for large parts of the game.

Welberg was constant danger for Madrid, that guy almost gave me several heart attacks...

Also Roonie himself said that he felt overwhelmed by the match. And kinda shows.

pulga

Banned
What a performance from him at old trafford. Constant menace to Rafael and De Gea. The finish on the goal too. So good.

lololololol so so salty. I love it. Maybe you should start worrying if Messi is finally gonna show up vs Milan after a month missing :lol

When Casillas comes back, who would you like to see start?

Im not sure. Sentimentality says Casillas, but you can't argue against how fucking good Lopez has been. Casillas has his work cut out for him if he wants the starting spot again.

FootballFan

lololololol so so salty. I love it. Maybe you should start worrying if Messi is finally gonna show up vs Milan after a month missing :lol

Not salty, and CR certainly can't be called a big game flop either, but using the Man United game as evidence is also not a great example, seeing as he didn't play very well at all. Which he admitted after the game as well.

Timurid

Im not sure. Sentimentality says Casillas, but you can't argue against how fucking good Lopez has been. Casillas has his work cut out for him if he wants the starting spot again.
Didn't Casillas got into an argument with Mourinho and would that harm his chances of getting back into the first team?

K1LLER7

Welberg was constant danger for Madrid, that guy almost gave me several heart attacks...

Also Roonie himself said that he felt overwhelmed by the match. And kinda shows.

It's suprising with Welbeck seen as quite a few of us hate on him when he plays in the PL :lol

Yeah, you could tell at the end of the game I guess. Everyone else was celebrating but he didn't look too happy. Even when he scored the goal. Glad that we got to see him back at Old Trafford :)

Didn't Casillas got into an argument with Mourinho and would that harm his chances of getting back into the first team?

Yeah, Casillas and Ramos but seems resolved by now. Casillas doing the post match interview in the first clasico was aimed to shout some mouths from the spanish press regarding the relationship with the team and Mou.

Probably is not perfect but much better. Also Casillas may felt that Mou could never ever replace him seriously, now he can, he'll probably think twice now before doing something similar.

IceCold

What a performance from him at old trafford. Constant menace to Rafael and De Gea. The finish on the goal too. So good.

Goals are what matter in the end and because of him Man U are out. His performance against Man U wasn't stellar mind you but this was a very emotional game for him so I'll give him a pass.

Noirulus

Good analysis but I specially like this. That's was our problem with Bayern and Modric can fill that hole. I hope Mou gives him more chances to adapt to the team completely because Modric could be the key to win the CL.

Yeah, I liked that bit as well. Our midfield was so bad against Bayern.

DominoKid

is rooney really having problems within the team?

i can't imagine him w/ anyone but united even though i'm not that fond of him.

It didn't look intentional but for people saying Arbeloa sold it, he did get hit in the ribs.

8532533146_dd91fce7f4_o.gif

Edit: And what is with all the pundits and Lopez? Didn't they ever see him at Villareal? There was talk that Capello even wanted to replace Casillas with Lopez during the 06/07 season when Lopez was Casillas' understudy.

pulga

Banned
Not salty, and CR certainly can't be called a big game flop either, but using the Man United game as evidence is also not a great example, seeing as he didn't play very well at all. Which he admitted after the game as well.

I dont think anyone has said Ronaldo had a great game today. Don't really get what you're prattling on about now.

FootballFan

I dont think anyone has said Ronaldo had a great game today. Don't really get what you're prattling on about now.

He said "Ronaldo doesn't show up in big games" in reply to a post about Ronaldo scoring in this second leg (in an ironic way, implying that he did show up). I'm simply saying he scored but he had a shit game, which is true.

So you think Messi showed up against Madrid? He did score after all.

So stop getting so defensive when someone mentions PSG-bound Ronaldo.

FootballFan

better than cr7?

ahahahahaha

He had what..2 good years in the EPL. He was a little 18 year old the rest of the time. Henry was consistently good and was there for a damn long time.

edit
Lol I see Hitcher posted nearly the same comment haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom