• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

Who was the best player to ever grace the PL?

I rate Lampard. Not the best player ever in the PL but in his position, there aren't many who boast a goal scoring record like his that would be brilliant for a striker, never mind a midfielder.

Also rate Ashley Cole. Brilliant LB. One of the best to play in Europe.

bergkamp-goal-in-new-castle-o.gif

1815981_o.gif

Best ever goal in the PL, for sure. Has anyone ever done similar to this? I don't think I've ever seen it replicated

flippedb

Banned
At the moment I believe there's no Italian club that's good enough to get the UCL. Maybe if Milan goes completely defensive for the rest of the tournament, or if Juve does something similar. Otherwise, it would be hard.

Timurid

At the moment I believe there's no Italian club that's good enough to get the UCL. Maybe if Milan goes completely defensive for the rest of the tournament, or if Juve does something similar. Otherwise, it would be hard.

The next Italian club to win the UCL is Toro.

Meh all it takes is a bit of luck and Juve could easily win it. Lets hope it doesn't happen though.

flippedb

Banned
Meh all it takes is a bit of luck and Juve could easily win it. Lets hope it doesn't happen though.

Juve has no competent strikers. That's why they've suffered on the league. I don't see that happening.

Really, people who say Juve is a candidate haven't seen their league performances against big teams (Inter, Napoli, Milan). They've lost against Milan and Inter, and recently got a draw against Napoli. I don't think they stand a chance against Real or Bayern.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Juve has no competent strikers. That's why they've suffered on the league. I don't see that happening.

Really, people who say Juve is a candidate haven't seen their league performances against big teams (Inter, Napoli, Milan). They've lost against Milan and Inter, and recently got a draw against Napoli. I don't think they stand a chance against Real or Bayern.

They don't have any Colombian players that's the problem!

pulga

Banned
He said "Ronaldo doesn't show up in big games" in reply to a post about Ronaldo scoring in this second leg (in an ironic way, implying that he did show up). I'm simply saying he scored but he had a shit game, which is true.

So you think Messi showed up against Madrid? He did score after all.

So stop getting so defensive when someone mentions PSG-bound Ronaldo.

But he didnt say he had a good game, see, he said he showed up. Which he did. With a goal. Which won us the game.

Stop being so bitter and salty loooool

Noirulus

Remember Xabi Alonso's picture at Camp Nou last week after we won the game? Well, look what he's posted today.

Edit: I think this might be a fake, gonna remooove.

pulga

Banned
I cant wait to know whom the other teams to go through will be.

My only wish for the next draw is to avoid a Madrid-Juve :(

Lightning

Banned
United's reaction has made this a memorable occasion. I am having a good laugh at Froggie's anger right now. All that is required now is for Madrid to fuck off because they suck too!!!

But for United to go out to a red card at Old Trafford is priceless. Fucking awesome!!!!!!!!!!

MPW

i still don't understand why mourinho subbed in pepe

madrid was controlling the game, up 2-1, and then mou went super defensive and just try to hold off man utd

this lead to man utd almost scoring but lopez saved madrid

pulga

Banned
i still don't understand why mourinho subbed in pepe

madrid was controlling the game, up 2-1, and then mou went super defensive and just try to hold off man utd

this lead to man utd scoring but lopez saved madrid

Well you do wanna defend your lead, y'know. He took Arbeloa off, it's only natural he introduce a defender later on.

MPW

I hope Mourinho and Ronaldo win the Champions League. Not fussed about the rest. If it can't be them, then Dortmund.

madrid's defense has not improved from last season, horrible in set pieces

marcelo has become a fat lazy bastard

only positive is varane

i won't be surprised if madrid gets knocked out next round

Lightning

Banned
madrid's defense has not improved from last season, horrible in set pieces

marcelo has become a fat lazy bastard

only positive is varane

i won't be surprised if madrid gets knocked out next round
Varane was an idiot on the goal. He kept the ball in play only to give the ball straight to Nani and the resulting cross caused the goal.

MPW

Varane was an idiot on the goal. He kept the ball in play only to give the ball strauight to Nani and the resulting cross caused the goal.

beside that mistake he has been fine

plus, ramos was the one who scored that own goal

Was Gareth Bale at Old Trafford to meet with his new employers Real Madrid?

The Spurs winger did head along to watch the controversial Champions League round of 16 clash between Manchester United and the Spanish giants, but the reason behind his visit north has taken on new meaning. The Daily Mail reports Bale may have attended in order to meet with Madrid hierachy ahead of a potential summer switch to the Bernabeu. After the final whistle, Bale praised the contribution of former team-mate Luka Modric to the Madrid cause on Twitter.

join madrid, Bale!

Lightning

Banned
ENGLISH FOOTBALL IS DEAD
You need not worry. If Bayern knock us out next week then the english press will rip us a new one. You can guarantee that.

beside that mistake he has been fine

plus, ramos was the one who scored that own goal
I kinda sorry for Ramos there though. He was totally caught out there but still silly from Varane. Should have left the ball go out for a corner.

I'm watching the game now. I watched the Dortmund game live, only watching a replay of the United game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom