• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Facism

Gold Member
What's the general opinion on that dude in Turkey anyway?

They call him Cakir the Clown there because of his tendency to make dodgy decisions that make it look like he's been paid off. He's been excellerated through the international ranks when it comes to referees. Literally going from domestic Turkish games to important club and country internationals within the space of a year.

Best

What did he say about him?

"Why are we talking about Roy Keane - because he played for Manchester United. Well, let me tell you something, I played with Manchester United, I played in a European Cup final, Roy didn't. The referee was wrong."

Kyoufu

"Why are we talking about Roy Keane - because he played for Manchester United. Well, let me tell you something, I played with Manchester United, I played in a European Cup final, Roy didn't. The referee was wrong."

I have to disagree with you despite the gorgeous woman in your avatar. Sorry. :(

Don't think Newcastle will be up for it?

Anzhi have won all 7 of their "home" games in the EL so far and have only conceded once. It will also be played on artificial turf and it's supposed to be like -20C at kick off. Newcastle won't be used to conditions like that.

Messi

Anzhi have won all 7 of their "home" games in the EL so far and have only conceded once. It will also be played on artificial turf and it's supposed to be like -20C at kick off. Newcastle won't be used to conditions like that.

I did not consider this.

How about Inter and Spurs?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yurt you cunt.

One more trophy left to Platinum Rising - S rank Revengeance mode. I'M GOING FOR IT BUD.

Hohoo good luck!
3AQmK.gif
3AQmK.gif

YOU WILL NEED IT.

Spurs will annihilate them.

I think it will be very close. I was reading a Spurs forum the other day where there's a thread for what opponents fans are saying. And there was this gem from an Inter fan:

The priority has to be marking and pressurizing Bale. I think Strama should give instruction to Gargano to do some very physical defense and tackle on Bale and try to make him lose his temper or something. We just can't do fair clean play on Bale. He will just eat us.

Gargano's one and only role in the match is to do excessive physical play on Bale, pinch him, do secret elbow on him to make him upset and lose balance of play..............Just like Mourinho did on Ronaldinho by Boulahrouz.

Wilbur

Banned
Ooh, best PL players ever:

Cantona
Giggs
Scholes
Keane
Ronaldo
Ferdinand
van Nistelrooy
Zola
Lampard
Drogba
Makelele
Henry
Bergkamp
Vieira
Adams
Pires
Gerrard
Fowler
Shearer
Le Tissier

off the top of my head. I'd have a hard time narrowing it down though

Cantona
Giggs
Scholes
Keane
Ronaldo
Ferdinand
van Nistelrooy
Zola
Lampard
Makelele
Henry
Bergkamp
Vieira
Adams
Pires
Gerrard
Fowler
Le Tissier

No Shearer? GTFO

Messi

Cantona
Giggs
Scholes
Keane
Ronaldo
Ferdinand
van Nistelrooy
Zola
Lampard
Makelele
Henry
Bergkamp
Vieira
Adams
Pires
Gerrard
Fowler
Le Tissier

drogba_angry_585_546020a.jpg

WJD

Cantona
Giggs
Scholes
Keane
Ronaldo
Ferdinand
van Nistelrooy
Zola
Lampard
Makelele
Henry
Bergkamp
Vieira
Adams
Pires
Gerrard
Fowler
Le Tissier

Best foreigners: Ronaldo, Henry, Bergkamp
Best British players: Gerrard, Giggs, Scholes

No Shearer? GTFO
To be fair, he's easy to forget. The dour cunt.

panty

3 pros from yesterday

Diego Lopez
Modric
Higuain/Özil play before the goal

3 cons

Defenders
Ronaldo
Attacking play

Terry > Ferdinand. That is all, I don't even remember more than 10 years time back anyway so " PL players ever" is a bit hard to say anything about.

3Sixty

He's going to see what caliber of league he could be playing in if he doesn't knuckle down and work hard.

(Amirite arnie?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom