• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Piers Morgan ‏@piersmorgan
Just think, Van Pursestrings - if you'd stayed at Arsenal.. you'd still be in the Champions League.

tumblr_lz7l4b6Uk41qh59n0o1_500.png

Wilbur

Banned
Had a big fat maccies and I'm starting to calm down a bit now.

So, how good would Welberg be if his legs didn't turn into actual human excrement every time he ventured into the box?

I'm going to say very very good. Like, Henry-lite good.

Kyoufu gon' hate, but I was just saying to my bro yesterday how odd it is looking at the difference between pre-box and post-box Welbeck. He was fucking brilliant yesterday. Absolutely brilliant all game. The difference it made when he came off Alonso was astronomical.

Carbonox

dem feels when you're in the local paper cos you scored an 85th minute equaliser to tie a Sunday league game after you were 3-0 down.

Had a big fat maccies and I'm starting to calm down a bit now.

So, how good would Welberg be if his legs didn't turn into actual human excrement every time he ventured into the box?

I'm going to say very very good. Like, Henry-lite good.
Don't know but he's definitely proved over the two games he's good enough to play for Man United. People need to have patience.

Kyoufu

Kyoufu gon' hate, but I was just saying to my bro yesterday how odd it is looking at the difference between pre-box and post-box Welbeck. He was fucking brilliant yesterday. Absolutely brilliant all game. The difference it made when he came off Alonso was astronomical.

Not even going to bother. You guys can overrate Welbeck as much as you want. :/

Tc91

Would you get any of those games for the WiiU? Part of the reason why I got a Vita is because I could get many PSP games for cheap on the store. So those are holding me off until Killzone etc.

I probably would yeah, never played Skyward Sword or Twilight Princess. Would like to complete Wind Waker.

I think I'd enjoy New Super Mario Bros U as well. Then I guess its just games from the store like Bit Trip Runner.

WJD

Yeah, he was brilliant over both legs and I think it's just a confidence issue with him regarding the brain farts in the area. After all, he is capable of finishes like this, this, this and this.

oh, and this.

Meier

All sorts of chatter of Miami finally getting an MLS team.... Owner of the Dolphins is considering buying a team, too bad the owner is a moron when it comes to actually owning any team.

Orlando has the funds for the franchise fee and 1/3rd the stadium ($80m) thanks to the new Brazilian owner. Just need the people to okay the other $50m or so. Lots of support from the government. I hope this Miami thing is a ruse to push it through.

Slizz

Orlando has the funds for the franchise fee and 1/3rd the stadium ($80m) thanks to the new Brazilian owner. Just need the people to okay the other $50m or so. Lots of support from the government. I hope this Miami thing is a ruse to push it through.

I really have no clue. Garber was in Miami this week talking to Stephen Ross(Fins owner). Best case scenario Ross gets Beckham to partner up for the franchise and we get stadium upgrades and an MLS team.

Yeah, he was brilliant over both legs and I think it's just a confidence issue with him regarding the brain farts in the area. After all, he is capable of finishes like this, this, this and this.

oh, and this.
I think it's a composure issue. Doesn't seem to be able to get his head up and be comfortable enough on the ball.

Technically he is really good though so hopefully it can be worked on.

Not sure he is ever going to be a particularly natural finisher, but with his pace and power he should be able to carve out enough opportunities.

Meier

I really have no clue. Garber was in Miami this week talking to Stephen Ross(Fins owner). Best case scenario Ross gets Beckham to partner up for the franchise and we get stadium upgrades and an MLS team.

The MLS can't really budge on the soccer specific stadium requirement or they'd look like they're entirely full of shit. Would they upgrade Lockhart? Can they even do enough without fully rebuilding it basically?

bud

how do you pronounce "saet?" sait? or kinda like sayet?

do you even pronounce the a

you don't pronounce it huh

I probably would yeah, never played Skyward Sword or Twilight Princess. Would like to complete Wind Waker.

I think I'd enjoy New Super Mario Bros U as well. Then I guess its just games from the store like Bit Trip Runner.

Personally I'd go for it but considering you need to buy a lot of accessories to play Wii games I'd advice you try to find a good deal on the console first to compensate for buying the Wii-mote and the Nunchuck.

Slizz

The MLS can't really budge on the soccer specific stadium requirement or they'd look like they're entirely full of shit. Would they upgrade Lockhart? Can they even do enough without fully rebuilding it basically?

Did not know that, all talks are the team playing in Sun-Life.... Lockhart is a piece of shit and not worth upgrading, FIU's soccer specific stadium however is fucking awesome.

Meier

Did not know that, all talks are the team playing in Sun-Life.... Lockhart is a piece of shit and not worth upgrading, FIU's soccer specific stadium however is fucking awesome.

Yeah, that's the stumbling block for Orlando right now. The team plays at the Citrus Bowl which the city already wants to renovate but the MLS doesn't want teams playing in stadiums that are ostensibly 1/4 full 99% of the time so they're requiring new franchises to play in soccer-specific stadiums ("SSSs"). I think the goal is also to eliminate any overlap so at some point they can adjust the calendar to be like the rest of the world and not be as affected by NFL games and the like.

Slizz

Yeah, that's the stumbling block for Orlando right now. The team plays at the Citrus Bowl which the city already wants to renovate but the MLS doesn't want teams playing in stadiums that are ostensibly 1/4 full 99% of the time so they're requiring new franchises to play in soccer-specific stadiums ("SSSs"). I think the goal is also to eliminate any overlap so at some point they can adjust the calendar to be like the rest of the world and not be as affected by NFL games and the like.

Makes sense, nobody wants to drive out to Sun-Life. Dunno if you have ever been to the stadium but there is literally NOTHING around it.

FIU's SSS is shiny and new and hosted some Gold Cup games already. Would be interesting to see if they could play there.

Tc91

Personally I'd go for it but considering you need to buy a lot of accessories to play Wii games I'd advice you try to find a good deal on the console first to compensate for buying the Wii-mote and the Nunchuck.

Yeah I think I should. My brother says if he was me he'd just buy one. That's the thing I have money in my bank just sitting there cause I don't spend the fucking stuff.

The best deal at the moment is the Shopto one for £189.85, that's close to the discounted Zavvi premium for £225. I kind of prefer the white though.

One went on eBay for £150, should of probably snapped that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom