• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

flippedb

Banned
Barca vs Milan next week:

First Half
Barca 0 - 1 Milan. Muntari
Milan go down to 10-men for a yellow card offense.
Barca 1 - 1 Milan. Pique

Second Half
Barca 2 - 1 Milan. Messi
Bisquits dives in the box after the slightest of touches. Pelanty!
Barca 3 - 1 Milan. Messi's 2nd of the night.

And with 2mins left on the clock. Boom!
Ball comes off Messi's arm in an offside position and Iniesta pops up with a FIFA finesse shot.

FT
Barca 4 - 1 Milan.

:(

I don't see Muntari scoring. I think Pazzo will hit the back of the net, though. Also, if Milan plays like in San Siro, I don't see Barca scoring 4.

Scum

:(

I don't see Muntari scoring. I think Pazzo will hit the back of the net, though. Also, if Milan plays like in San Siro, I don't see Barca scoring 4.

I reckon Milan will dump Barca out, to be honest. But that post is just for the lols. Imagine if that were to take place next week...

flippedb

Banned
I reckon Milan will dump Barca out, to be honest. But that post is just for the lols. Imagine if that were to take place next week...

Remember Camp Nou last year? Barca beat Milan 3 - 1 and advanced to the semi-finals, thanks to two dubious penalties. I can see that happening again, unfortunately.

Good enough start! I liked him at Roma, don't know why he left!
Hang on, I don't have to support Shalcke, right?

Nah, the rest of the Gazprom family are just bastard children and adopted scum
, like Chelsea.

27 years old and he could get four times the money in Russia than he got in Denmark. :(

They might not have silly amounts of money, but enough that he could secure his family in Senegal for generations.

Loko aren't really bottom feeders either, I'm just still salty about that hand ball goal that N'Doye scored against us. Must have been something he picked up in Denmark.

Arnie

:lol

Hixx and Farid teamed up with Saritsovsky to form the opposite of the Avengers.

At least Russia found its level. Everton and Sunderland are used to football irrelevance.

Nice name mun

fFgeq12.jpg

Arnie

I'd love Fergie if he sold Rooney and bought Lewandowski.

Well, never mind the Rooney part, just buy Lewandowski :(

He fluffed a couple of chances against Shakhtar from what I saw. Still, though, he's class, and he'll be hard to replace. Especially if those rumours about Diouf come true.

:lol

Hixx and Farid teamed up with Saritsovsky to form the opposite of the Avengers.

At least Russia found its level. Everton and Sunderland are used to football irrelevance.

We still have the best part of the Avengers on our side though: Hulk.

And now that I think about it you remind me bit of Loki.

Avengers-Hulk-Loki-1337008016.gif

faridmon

He fluffed a couple of chances against Shakhtar from what I saw. Still, though, he's class, and he'll be hard to replace. Especially if those rumours about Diouf come true.

He is still a class that doesn't rely only on goals scored. I don't think Diouf is fraction of what Lewa is.

Diouf has a very good run for Hannover, although it seems he's injured like always. I'm not sure how much truth there is in this rumor, though. There are rumors about pretty much every decent striker and Diouf always gets mentioned because he'd be the cheap option.

Realistically, there are three options:
1: Top class striker in (Dzeko)
2: Top class striker in (Dzeko) + backup (Diouf) if Klopp is disappointed with Schieber
3: No top class striker but 2 decent/good strikers in and competition between those two and Schieber (don't think that's likely to be honest)

First option is the most likely one to me. We have the money and I don't think we can take the risk of a shitty season because our strikers suck. Players like Götze will only stay if we can keep it up in the CL and the league.

Arnie

pfft, you are just jealous because no one likes you.
Nailed it, once again.
And now that I think about it you remind me bit of Loki.
Nailed it, once again.
Diouf has a very good run for Hannover, although it seems he's injured like always. I'm not sure how much truth there is in this rumor, though. There are rumors about pretty much every decent striker and Diouf always gets mentioned because he'd be the cheap option.

Realistically, there are three options:
1: Top class striker in (Dzeko)
2: Top class striker in (Dzeko) + backup (Diouf) if Klopp is disappointed with Schieber
3: No top class striker but 2 decent/good strikers in and competition between those two and Schieber (don't think that's likely to be honest)

First option is the most likely one to me. We have the money and I don't think we can take the risk of a shitty season because our strikers suck. Players like Götze will only stay if we can keep it up in the CL and the league.
Diouf isn't bad, but from what I've seen he's very raw. One minute he'll go and score a worldie, the next he's missing a relatively straight forward one on one. He's only 25 so there's room to grow and improve, but I just don't see it as a worthy replacement for Lewa. Dzeko on the other hand could be. He's already proven he can do it in the Bundesliga, and he's capable of playing at the pace that Dortmund do.

Arnie

I said reminds me a bit. Just a bit. It's quite obvious, for example, that you don't have any giants' blood in you to say the least. The self-absorbed, ivory tower attitude though....

You remind me of Hawkeye.

I don't really know why.

Is Green Lantern in the Avengers? You seem to know your comics. You could be him, if you'd like.

Diouf isn't bad, but from what I've seen he's very raw. One minute he'll go and score a worldie, the next he's missing a relatively straight forward one on one. He's only 25 so there's room to grow and improve, but I just don't see it as a worthy replacement for Lewa. Dzeko on the other hand could be. He's already proven he can do it in the Bundesliga, and he's capable of playing at the pace that Dortmund do.

Finishing is what Lewandowski can still improve, too. But he's too damn good at everything else and I don't think Diouf can replace him in that regard. But hardly anyone can to be fair.

dat atmosphere and Ronaldo reception: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CJTQMerbDA

Also: https://twitter.com/EPLStuff/status/309334698813968384
"Ryan Giggs has apparently given his 1000th-match shirt to Cristiano Ronaldo after getting it signed by the entire Manchester United squad."

dat feel.

From the uploader: "For those that don't understand why I regularly drive a six hour round trip on an evening to see 90 minutes of football this may help."

Fucking United fans.

Arnie

I get to bang Scarlett Johansson? Sweet.

Green Lantern is a DC character. I'd still get to bang Scarlett Johansson though.
Scarlett Johansson's banged Hawkeye and Green Lantern?
Finishing is what Lewandowski can still improve, too. But he's too damn good at everything else and I don't think Diouf can replace him in that regard. But hardly anyone can to be fair.
Dzeko can get close, I feel. But I'm not one of these crazies who thinks Lewa's some average striker playing in a brilliant team.

From the uploader: "For those that don't understand why I regularly drive a six hour round trip on an evening to see 90 minutes of football this may help."

Fucking United fans.
He's a proper mug but at least he's going.

And that atmosphere is nothing special considering the amount of people in the stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom