• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

Gomez was better

iPGO9KSDs1zb7.gif

pulga

Banned
You two never make any sense.

They pressed and challenged for every ball in the first halves of both games.

In my mind I call them dumb and dumber.

Throw FootballFan into the mix and you've got the three stooges

im kidding babies <3

Sage00

Once And Future Member
I can't wait until I graduate from university so I can stop having my phone spammed with annoying emails every few hours.

pulga

Banned
It is pretty alien to me. I'll enjoy seeing Spurs/Southampton win for instance, if only because I prefer them to other clubs in the league. Same with Bilbao, Juve, Dortmund etc. But to actively support them, to experience joy and elation and tears and sadness with anyone other than United and England? Can't imagine it.

Yeah most certainly, but its a strong enough selection all the same. I think as much as the league has to take precedent, a good cup run will do wonders for confidence.

Crazy concept to me. I support the University I work at's American football team to a certain extent (season tickets) but only because I love going to the games and I don't have any reason to dislike them. It's one thing in this sort of scenario but just randomly picking two teams to cheer for at a professional level that in theory could play one another? Insanity IMO.

I guess it makes sense, if you define it like that. I don't know how you guys can truly & fully support two clubs though. After Juve ... I just have no football love left for anyone else. I can appreciate and even 'like' other clubs, mostly for the classy players and/or fans, but I can't imagine getting up at 3 in the morning to follow a club that isn't my one and only. Different strokes, I suppose.

This is because you guys are european, you've got an allegiance to your country and hence to ONE team. Cunts like Fry and me are born in this third world shithole, we don't give a fuck and just watch what we like. Juve and Madrid impressed me as a child, so I've always had their backs. Never did give a toss about the EPL though. Closest I ever came to supporting an english team was when Ronaldo was at United, but that's me being a Ronnie fanboy.

I suppose if you do, you do. You can't help it. Just can't imagine how you could go through the emotions with 100 games a season instead of 50 :lol

That's the fun part and the part all you fuckers always take for granted. Recent years only thing I've gotten is double the heartbreak, except for last year of course.

Wilbur

Banned
I still don't think Gomez is all that. Good goalscorer as opposed to a great one. Scores a bunch but that's because of the amount of chances he gets I think, as opposed to being absolutely clinical. Bayern will be a better team with Lewandowski there.

Gomie was good at Stuttgart, mind. But they had a good team then.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
BEwq8mNCAAAO33r.jpg

Next gen PES models look amazing. Return of the king?

At least this will push a FIFA graphics overhaul too. :)

Wilbur

Banned
oh but he is.

trust me. you'd have to watch the entire season to judge that.

I watch a fair amount of Bayern. Not every game, but I'll find extended highlights if I miss them through work.

I just think he lacks that certain something. He still does a good enough job, and he'd do the same job at Chelsea or Juve because the players providing him with chances are fantastic players.

At the moment, Bayern are probably the only team in Europe where you'd be hard pressed to find a flaw; but if there is one, it's that I think their two forwards aren't as good as the rest of the team. I don't even think it matters too much because they're doing a great job and, a little like us, they're better than the sum of their parts.

Anyway, opinions etc

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
That's the fun part and the part all you fuckers always take for granted. Recent years only thing I've gotten is double the heartbreak, except for last year of course.

Pulga's orgasm levels in 2011-2012:

Real+Madrid+celebration+league.jpg

0005dbb8-642.jpg

OVER 9000

worst meme ever

all memes are shit

Wilbur

Banned
Fuck player details. Most pointless thing in football games.

Bore off, I like it. I like that Ronaldo and Robben run and look like they do in real life in PES, adds player individuality and more realism. Obviously a marriage of that with the old gameplay would be best, but I still love it.

Bore off, I like it. I like that Ronaldo and Robben run and look like they do in real life in PES, adds player individuality and more realism. Obviously a marriage of that with the old gameplay would be best, but I still love it.

They contribute perhaps 0.1% to the quality of a a football game, yet recieve about a third of the reportage and discussion pre-release

In terms of individual technique, its okay (as long as they let you apply it to other players.) But I don;t understand why anyone gives a shit about them capturing Messi's cheeky grin or El Shawaary's ridiculous barnet.

It'll look like uncammy-valley, robotic, shiny shite in motion anyway

GQman2121

Banned

Don't forget the JT diving head save animation.

But for real, the visuals were never a problem with PES this gen. The player models have been better than FIFA for years. It's the transitional movement and shooting/passing animations that need attention.

He didn't do it when it mattered.

Whilst his goal scoring record generally is quite impressive, Bild were (according to Twitter) saying we want to replace Torres with Gomez, and the other rumours are Rooney.

Don't want either, give me Falcao plz, Rooney runs hot and cold, we were so good with Drogba because he was a big game player and in my limited experience of watching Bayern i'd just rather we spent our money elsewhere.

This thread seems like a bit of a safe haven, so I'll say this here

This Tropes vs Women stuff is a load of pointless rhubarb, tantamount to pilfering money from a bunch of idiots suffering from male guilt

pulga

Banned
Pulga's orgasm levels in 2011-2012:

Real+Madrid+celebration+league.jpg

0005dbb8-642.jpg

OVER 9000

worst meme ever

all memes are shit

;_; ;_; ;_;

I couldn't tell you which one was sweeter. Finally winning a title after the Serie B debacle and taking down the barcacunts at Camp Nou were both such amazing feelings. Hadn't had such a strong reaction since Zizou slammed it past Leverkusen.

Whilst his goal scoring record generally is quite impressive, Bild were (according to Twitter) saying we want to replace Torres with Gomez, and the other rumours are Rooney.

Don't want either, give me Falcao plz, Rooney runs hot and cold, we were so good with Drogba because he was a big game player and in my limited experience of watching Bayern i'd just rather we spent our money elsewhere.

Lukaku, Torres and Ba.

Torres will get an extension for being Torres.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom