• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

WE HAVE NO STRIKERS

Elliot, Simpson, Yanga-Mbiwa, Perch, Haidara; Anita, Cabaye; Marveaux, Sissoko, Obertan; Ben Arfa.

I guess it makes sense, if you define it like that. I don't know how you guys can truly & fully support two clubs though. After Juve ... I just have no football love left for anyone else. I can appreciate and even 'like' other clubs, mostly for the classy players and/or fans, but I can't imagine getting up at 3 in the morning to follow a club that isn't my one and only. Different strokes, I suppose.
Yep. In England I like Norwich (because I lived there), and have soft spots for Swansea and Southamption. In Italy I keep an eye on Palermo, Pro Vercelli, and Venezia (and have had fantastic FM saves with each at different times). In Spain I have a weird respect for Bilbao, even though I'm ambivalent about their squad policy.

...but none of them are or ever will be Juve.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
When I was a boy I saw Roberto Baggio sky a penalty kick.

:lol

Did you see Real Madrid's star (and Ballon d'Or winner) Fabio Cannavaro lift the World Cup though?

You could probably feed odd_morsel's girlfriend for at least a month with it.

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Sage00

Once And Future Member
50kgs is apparently where he draws the line as far as GFs go. It was a joke, I'm not judging. :)
I'm with him on this, but only for insecurity reasons since I'm short (170cm / 5'6"). :( I had a gf who was quite a bit taller and heavier than me before and I couldn't lift her. Never again.

Wilbur

Banned
New Miggy D article:

After the match, as United’s post-mortem eventually went beyond the unfair red card to Nani, one member of the coaching staff turned to Rooney.

“Wayne, you gave away the ball four f**king times in 10 minutes.”

It was met with silence.

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/espnfcunited/id/4054?fgh&cc=5739

This stands out for me:

Only adding another depth to all of this, there is the debate about whether the truly top player that Rooney could have been has now gone away forever. Undoubtedly, he will go down as one of United’s greatest ever players: he has one of its finest ever medal collections; has played an influential role in securing all of those medals; and has probably been among the top 10 in the world throughout all his time at Old Trafford. In fact, during 2009-10, in the season before his notorious attempt to force a move, he was probably only behind Leo Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.

But the wonder is what he might have been had he applied the Portuguese’s attitude to his fitness.

Because I think it goes under the radar somewhat that he will go down as one of our greatest ever players, that he has played an influential role in securing all of those trophies.

I still luff him viva, suck my dong

GQman2121

Banned
I'm with him on this, but only for insecurity reasons since I'm short (170cm / 5'6"). :( I had a gf who was quite a bit taller and heavier than me before and I couldn't lift her. Never again.

I too suffer from Tom Cruise syndrome (5-7" 170 lbs.). However, height and weight have no bearing on whether I'd smash or not. The cock knows when it's go time.

3Sixty

"It's Ben Arfa's birthday today. What a present from Pardew, sub zero temperatures and a plastic pitch on his return!"

lol

This stands out for me:

Because I think it goes under the radar somewhat that he will go down as one of our greatest ever players, that he has played an influential role in securing all of those trophies.

I still luff him viva, suck my dong

Drogba was far better than Rooney in 09/10

Zabojnik

"It's Ben Arfa's birthday today. What a present from Pardew, sub zero temperatures and a plastic pitch on his return!"

I, for one, would love to have Ben Arfa at Juve. He wouldn't even have to change the jersey. Marry pls, dat CL money, spend it wisely.

Welp, won a 50 euros gift voucher, gonna get GoT season 2 :D

Got it the other day. Can't wait to start watching/listening to the commentaries. Best part.

chelseafc: Team to face Steaua: Cech, Ivanovic, Luiz, Terry (c), Bertrand; Mikel, Lampard; Benayoun, Oscar, Hazard; Torres. chelseafc: Subs: Turnbull, Cole, Ferreira, Cahill, Azpilicueta, Marin, Mata. #CFC

Decent team, agree with leaving Mata on the bench but I have to question why Benayoun instead of Marin unless its for Torres link-up possiblities. Happy with Bertrand at left back too and JT playing again. Ramires/Moses left at home and Ba ineligible should mean we have a decent fit team to play United on Sunday too.

Decent team, agree with leaving Mata on the bench but I have to question why Benayoun instead of Marin unless its for Torres link-up possiblities. Happy with Bertrand at left back too and JT playing again. Ramires/Moses left at home and Ba ineligible should mean we have a decent fit team to play United on Sunday too.

Thought you meant United in the league I was about to say get in, come on United. But its FA Cup isn't it?

Come on United.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom