• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

487405_10151307433385773_1193501685_n.jpg

Original members of The Rifles are working together on the new album. Can't wait. :) I already used PledgeMusic to help fund it.

Wilbur

Banned
You two never make any sense.

They pressed and challenged for every ball in the first halves of both games.

You're speaking to a Colombian/American who supports Barcelona and an Italian/American who decided to support PSG last week, and you're being told this by a Londoner who supports Man Utd.

We are cunts.

do not listen to us

What the fuck? Shola isn't starting but HBA is. We were told he still wasn't fully fit and would get half an hour max.

I.....I think that means Obertan is up front.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Glory hunters:

One is a fucking Colombian who supports BARCELONA and the other one started supporting PSG literally five OTs ago.

Edit:

You're speaking to a Colombian/American who supports Barcelona and an Italian/American who decided to support PSG last week, and you're being told this by a Londoner who supports Man Utd.

We are cunts.

do not listen to us

WILBURY <3

Timurid

Glory hunters:

One is a fucking Colombian who supports BARCELONA and the other one started supporting PSG literally five OTs ago.

Edit:

WILBURY <3
I'm a glory hunter because I support two teams who haven't won anything in recent years.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm a glory hunter because I support two teams who haven't won anything in recent years.

You're a glory hunter because you've recently decided to support a team who have hit the jackpot and are very likely to win something in the coming years.

From 'fuck psg' to 'cum on my tits jallet' in the matter of a few months. Timerda, you are truly a unique one.

Meier

http://i.imgur.com/AZ7pQ.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Haha, great gif selection.

I hope every member of Footy-GAF has listened to The Rifles. My favorite band (alongside Arctic Monkeys) out of the UK in a decade or so.

Masterpieces:
[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/1a/NolovelostEnhanced.jpg/220px-NolovelostEnhanced.jpg
220px-GreatEscapeCover.jpg

Pretty damn good:
220px-FreedomRunCover.jpg

Timurid

You're a glory hunter because you've recently decided to support a team who have hit the jackpot and are very likely to win something in the coming years.

From 'fuck psg' to 'cum on my tits jallet' in the matter of a few months. Timerda, you are truly a unique one.

The league isn't even tied up yet and we can still lose in both cup competitions. I think plastic is the better word instead of glory hunter.

Wilbur

Banned
Haha, great gif selection.

I hope every member of Footy-GAF has listened to The Rifles. My favorite band (alongside Arctic Monkeys) out of the UK in a decade or so.

Awesome band. I'm on a huge Rakes binge right now; Light From Your Mac is one of those effortlessly cool songs you'd expect to find on the Strokes' first album. Just fucking stunningly good.

Elliot - Simpson, Yanga-Mbiwa, Perch, Haidara - Anita, Cabaye- Marveaux, Sissoko, Obertan - Ben Arfa. (4-2-3-1)

Hmmm. I like it. Fucking weird though.

Can see Eto'o roasting those full backs :/

do us proud, based only-united

Yeah, it's weird we're not going a bit stronger in the back seeing as Anzi have been the best attacking side in the comp. Guess it's one eye on the league, which it should be.

Fuck it, come on Newcastle. You fuckers better beat Arsenal last day of the season.

I don't think you'll win tonight but meh might as well cheer you on! I do like Pardew sometimes D:

Meier

Awesome band. I'm on a huge Rakes binge right now; Light From Your Mac is one of those effortlessly cool songs you'd expect to find on the Strokes' first album. Just fucking stunningly good.

Still only seen them live once. :( They supported the Modfather here in the US back in 2007 or 2008. Only got 30 minutes of live music from them but it was a religious experience for me.

Haven't listened to The Rakes at all since 2007 apparently according to my last.fm. Think I remember being somewhat unimpressed with their debut at the time.. maybe I'll give them another try. I apparently even tagged them as "overrated" on there, lol.

Wilbur

Banned
How can you even support two clubs. Doesn't make sense.

It is pretty alien to me. I'll enjoy seeing Spurs/Southampton win for instance, if only because I prefer them to other clubs in the league. Same with Bilbao, Juve, Dortmund etc. But to actively support them, to experience joy and elation and tears and sadness with anyone other than United and England? Can't imagine it.

Yeah, it's weird we're not going a bit stronger in the back seeing as Anzi have been the best attacking side in the comp. Guess it's one eye on the league, which it should be.

Yeah most certainly, but its a strong enough selection all the same. I think as much as the league has to take precedent, a good cup run will do wonders for confidence.

Meier

Crazy concept to me. I support the University I work at's American football team to a certain extent (season tickets) but only because I love going to the games and I don't have any reason to dislike them. It's one thing in this sort of scenario but just randomly picking two teams to cheer for at a professional level that in theory could play one another? Insanity IMO.

Zabojnik

Plastic is someone supporting a oil club.

Glory hunter is someone who starts supporting a team after they recently won the ucl or a league.

I guess it makes sense, if you define it like that. I don't know how you guys can truly & fully support two clubs though. After Juve ... I just have no football love left for anyone else. I can appreciate and even 'like' other clubs, mostly for the classy players and/or fans, but I can't imagine getting up at 3 in the morning to follow a club that isn't my one and only. Different strokes, I suppose.

Yen

There's a new guy in my local Subway, and he gave me at least double I normally get in my Hearty Italian BMT. Score!

Plastic is someone supporting a oil club.

Glory hunter is someone who starts supporting a team after they recently won the ucl or a league. Or after they were bought by Arab billionaires.

Fry

People support multiple teams in the course of their lives, some will be from the same sport or different ones.

I don't like it myself, I only do it because once you get in love with a club you just don't stop loving it, even if it makes you miserable every end of a season.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
People support multiple teams in the course of their lives, some will be from the same sport or different ones.

I don't like it myself, I only do it because once you get in love with a club you just don't stop loving it, even if it makes you miserable every end of a season.

When I was a boy I saw Roberto Baggio sky a penalty kick.

:lol

Wilbur

Banned

I suppose if you do, you do. You can't help it. Just can't imagine how you could go through the emotions with 100 games a season instead of 50 :lol

Fry

I suppose if you do, you do. You can't help it. Just can't imagine how you could go through the emotions with 100 games a season instead of 50 :lol

At least I do watch them all, that's the least I could do to consider myself a good fan in my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom