• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

Is there like a video series on youtube I can watch that'll brief a newbie like me on some of the more well-known teams in europe?

Hmm not sure something like that is out there, but the most well known/popular teams at the moment are:

FC Barcelona
Valencia
Atletico Madrid
Manchester United
Machester City
Liverpool
Arsenal
Chelsea
Tottenham
Paris Saint-Germain
Juventus
AC Milan
Inter Milan
Napoli
Bayern Munich
Borrussia Dortmund
Porto

Cut all the names out, put them in a hat and pick one. Or if you are Pulga, pick 4.

Tc91

t6Gmi.gif

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
It's a miracle that Lennon hasn't got injured yet. The amount of sprinting he's done all over the pitch, twice a week, during this season.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Off the Barca bandwagon so quickly?

At least Pep jumped ship at the end of the season.

Edit: lulllllz you support BVB now? Glory hunter.

I've liked Dortmund for a while now. You're always out partying so you don't see what us old people are seeing, pendejo

:)

K1LLER7

It's a miracle that Lennon hasn't got injured yet. The amount of sprinting he's done all over the pitch, twice a week, during this season.
You guys have amazing pace in the team.

In the Summer, keep Bale, buy Benteke and Moutinho and you could be challenging for the title.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Thanks for the help guys! Trying to get into football/soccer is kind of intimidating...so many teams and leagues lol
If you can, try to get Fox Soccer Channel or BeIn Sport. ESPN2 and your regional FOX SPORTS affiliate carry EPL. espn3.com carries many leagues. If you have DirecTV, you get a fuckload of Europa League and Champions League group stage games on any package.

edit: NBC SPORTS is getting exclusive EPL rights next season since they secured it.

Yeah I guess with the english league being shown on a big american tv network next season would make it easier to follow around and learn the game.

Thanks for the help guys! Trying to get into football/soccer is kind of intimidating...so many teams and leagues lol
Might be a bit late now but the Champions League would be a great way to get to know some of the bigger clubs in Europe. Premier League/La Liga/Bundesliga and Serie A are also safe bets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom