• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

That really is the lowest of the low, isn't it? The lowest

They'll probably sell more copies if they do a piece explaining which papers they are. Plus all they have to do is wait for another paper to put the presser up and then just copy it.

It's immature and petty. But it's not the fucking heinous hate crime you're making it out to be.

I'm not making it out to be a crime. I just like seeing SAF throw his toys out of his pram. And he comes across as doing that when he says 'BAN HIM'.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm not making it out to be a crime. I just like seeing SAF throw his toys out of his pram. And he comes across as doing that when he says 'BAN HIM'.

but u will never stoop so low

An interview given to the BBC’s Dan Roan contained what Patrick feels was a very leading line of questions regarding Manchester United supposedly receiving favourable treatment by referees. Patrick feels that his views have been deliberately taken out of context.

He said: “I am very angry with Dan Roan. I feel he has misrepresented me. I made it clear in the interview twice that I wanted to avoid criticising United and even stated that I didn’t watch the United game against Fulham and had not seen the incident to which the reporter referred.

“That part of the interview was ignored and my comments were taken completely out of context. I called the reporter twice to ask for a retraction and an apology which has not come. I feel Dan Roan and the BBC have shown a complete lack of respect for me, the ‘Football Against Hunger’ charity and Manchester City Football Club.”

Manchester City support Patrick in his strong feelings on this matter and have confirmed to the BBC that the reporter will now be banned from all Manchester City media activity.

Wilbur

Banned
Don't like any of those kits. Liverpool's home shirt is the best in the league by far this year, it's fucking gorgeous.

GorillaJu

Well I'd be biased in my assessment, but I think the home kit this season for Liverpool is really spectacular. I think the 13-14 one looks a class above as well, and I'm actually okay with the second/third kit as well. They're just kits, anyway.

United's away kit this season looks great except I really don't like the almost Mandarin-collar. Throws off an otherwise great design.

Fry

iPfIr9YhZ6YnJ.gif

Well I'd be biased in my assessment, but I think the home kit this season for Liverpool is really spectacular. I think the 13-14 one looks a class above as well, and I'm actually okay with the second/third kit as well. They're just kits, anyway.
This seasons one is gorgeous although it hangs a bit too loose IMO

Next seasons one looks like a GOAT kit.

I actually think the 2nd kit is alright, funky. 3rd ones a disaster.

Wilbur

Banned
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Wish the cunt would just fly back to Argentina and self-asphyxiate himself with a MCFC scarf

I think they are all bad to be honest. Worst kit season in the premier league.

The only three home kits I actually like are the ones I said. There's a few I don't mind, and then there's a few proper shit ones. QPR's home is really fucking ugly.

Edit FUCK PAPPE YOU'RE RIGHT

Swansea's is lovely

Source?

I need to send a cease and desist. This will not be tolerated.

Best website in the world

Carlos Tevez has been arrested for allegedly driving while disqualified and is now waiting to hear whether he could face a charge that could bring a possible prison sentence.

Tevez, banned from driving for six months in January, was taken to Macclesfield police station on Thursday evening after being stopped in a high-powered car on the edge of the town.

A statement from Cheshire police said: "At 5.13pm on Thursday 7 March police arrested a 29-year-old man from Alderley Edge on the A538 in Macclesfield on suspicion of driving while disqualified. He has since been released on police bail."

Tevez had previously pleaded guilty to two counts of failing to supply information over incidents in which his car was clocked speeding. As well as being banned, he was ordered to pay fines and costings totalling £1,540. His legal team had told Manchester Magistrates' Court their client did not understand the word 'constabulary' on official letters from the police.

Amazing. But Wayne Rooney.

Clegg

Henry Winter ‏@henrywinter
Ferguson was asked whether he had 'any sympathy' for Benitez's situation at #cfc. 'I'm not going to kick anyone when they are lying down'

SAF with the sly dig on Rafa.

Kyoufu

Henry Winter ‏@henrywinter
Ferguson was asked whether he had 'any sympathy' for Benitez's situation at #cfc. 'I'm not going to kick anyone when they are lying down'

SAF with the sly dig on Rafa.

What a hypocrite.

He called us a wee club in the north-east after Boxing Day.

Wilbur

Banned
His legal team had told Manchester Magistrates' Court their client did not understand the word 'constabulary' on official letters from the police.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

He's so thick. Just get your fucking legal team to explain it then, you munchwad

Wilbur

Banned
Are you Arsenal? Are you Arsenal? Are you Arsenal in disguiiiiiiise?

Turns out they were worse :lol

I only saw the Super Jan goal yesterday, fucking dickhead whose house we were pre-drinking at refused to let me watch the first half. Did I miss any AVB delights?

What a hypocrite.

He called us a wee club in the north-east after Boxing Day.

The only United in Europe </3

I wonder if the courts like oil money?

Carlos should wine and dine them in all his favourite restaurants in the city

Wilbur

Banned
Live in England for 7 years.

No hablo Inglés

Should be a meme.

This Hungarian guy at work came over literally four months ago and his English is amazing. All he does is get paid 6.50 an hour to grill chicken.

Surely Tevez would have learnt a fair amount by now? In 7 years or something?

3Sixty

Look at all the people in this thread who have never been to England and their English is better than mine!

Fuck Tevez.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
This Hungarian guy at work came over literally four months ago and his English is amazing. All he does is get paid 6.50 an hour to grill chicken.

Surely Tevez would have learnt a fair amount by now? In 7 years or something?

Some players are just thick. It's not easy for adults to learn a foreign language to start with, someone as dense as Tevez is going to find it even harder.

Pavlyuchenko was the same, when I met him and Tom Huddlestone in a corner shop once he didn't say a word.

According to the Liverpool website these are the top selling PL shirts:

1/ van Persie - 25.4 per cent
2/ Gerrard - 8.2 per cent
3/ Rooney - 6 per cent
4/ Kagawa - 5.8 per cent
5/ Suarez - 3.6 per cent
6/ Hazard - 3.1 per cent
7/ Scholes - 2.7 per cent
8/ Torres - 2.5 per cent
9/ Kun Aguero - 2.2 per cent
10/ Podolski - 2.1 per cent

dat RVP, repaying his fee.

Also Aguero is definitely the leagues superstar.

Manager

Made me remember this Tevez interview from last week:
"I knew it would be difficult for the fans to accept me again," he told the Sunday Times, "but I hope, little by little, match by match... you give everything for the shirt and win them over through hambre de gloria (hunger for glory). I was once a real idol for these fans - they were so supportive of me. I hope I'm able to win them back."

He added: "I knew it wasn't going to be easy to come back. I'd left City and you could almost say I'd left through the back door, but it is almost like there are two Tevezes. There's the Tevez before, who had a problem, and there's the Tevez now, who no longer has problems."

The 29-year-old was quoted as saying in January that he remained eager to leave City and rejoin Boca Juniors in his homeland, but it would appear he is far happier in Manchester now that he has been reunited with his wife and two daughters, who had previously returned to Argentina.

"It totally changes everything - your disposition, your humour - just having them close," he said. "If I wasn't selected in the past I'd be in a terrible mood. Now I'm still gutted but I go home, see my daughters... it takes my mind off it and I feel better."

He added: "Fortunately it's a period of my life that's over, but [separation] was really, really tough. If you're unwell or down, you're on your own. If you need a hug, there's no one."

He also said he relationship with Mancini is "a lot calmer now" and that it "might be down to maturity".

Meanwhile, Tevez - who has played alongside the likes of Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Sergio Aguero for club and country - said his former Manchester United team-mate Paul Scholes was the best he had seen in his career.

"Scholesy. In training. On the pitch. Unbelievable," he said.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1361479?&cc=5739

Such a great way to win fans back. That "constabulary" thing was back in January, wonder what the legal team will use now.

Turns out they were worse :lol

I only saw the Super Jan goal yesterday, fucking dickhead whose house we were pre-drinking at refused to let me watch the first half. Did I miss any AVB delights?

Not sure, I was about 40 seats along from him in the first row so I could only see his sexy tight jacket when he was doing subs. I really wish they'd get rid of them special hoardings for the Europa, it adds a good foot or so to the normal hoardings and White Hart Lane has a very low front row - we couldn't actually see the side of the pitch closest to us.

Also, favourite chant of the night was "WHAT TIME'S YOUR EASY JET, WHAT TIME'S YOUR EASY JET?"

3Sixty

Some Saints financial shit has been released.

"I am delighted to report the Club’s first profit without the aid of player trading since 2005 which demonstrates that prudence in football can be achieved whilst significant investment, both on and off the field, is still being made. Our wages to turnover ratio has also been reduced significantly and we strongly link remuneration to performance."

Our wages have doubled since last season. to £28.7m

@solentsport: CONT...#saintsfc player wages accounted for 59% of turnover....Investment to take club from league 1 to Prem- nearly £38m.

@solentsport: CONT..#saintsfc £38m investment came from shareholder loans and effectively written off by estate of Markus Liebherr

@solentsport: CONT...#saintsfc - total revenue (excl player trading) nearly trebled to over £33m in 6 months July-Dec 2012

Boring but interesting to me.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Why would anybody buy a Torres shirt? They must be joke gifts given by Tottenham fans.

According to the Liverpool website these are the top selling PL shirts:

1/ van Persie - 25.4 per cent
2/ Gerrard - 8.2 per cent
3/ Rooney - 6 per cent
4/ Kagawa - 5.8 per cent
5/ Suarez - 3.6 per cent
6/ Hazard - 3.1 per cent
7/ Scholes - 2.7 per cent
8/ Torres - 2.5 per cent
9/ Kun Aguero - 2.2 per cent
10/ Podolski - 2.1 per cent

dat RVP, repaying his fee.

Also Aguero is definitely the leagues superstar.

Kagawa? Damn, British public have taste.

Some Saints financial shit has been released.

"I am delighted to report the Club’s first profit without the aid of player trading since 2005 which demonstrates that prudence in football can be achieved whilst significant investment, both on and off the field, is still being made. Our wages to turnover ratio has also been reduced significantly and we strongly link remuneration to performance."

Our wages have doubled since last season. to £28.7m

@solentsport: CONT...#saintsfc player wages accounted for 59% of turnover....Investment to take club from league 1 to Prem- nearly £38m.

@solentsport: CONT..#saintsfc £38m investment came from shareholder loans and effectively written off by estate of Markus Liebherr

@solentsport: CONT...#saintsfc - total revenue (excl player trading) nearly trebled to over £33m in 6 months July-Dec 2012

Boring but interesting to me.
The bolded is really impressive, club operating well within it's limits.

Said this before but if you guys stay up there is no reason why Saints shouldn't become a PL staple. Wealthy owner, good manager, new stadium and good young players.

Plenty of margin to invest more into the club whilst the clubs around you are pretty much strained to the maximum of their resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom