• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
There's something oddly endearing about Harlem Shake that I quite like. Fucking hated Gangnam Style, find most memes abhorrent pieces of shit, but I think it's because it's easily digestible I can tolerate it.

Outliving its welcome now though.

Wilbur

Banned
Q.If you were a footballer, what would your preferred position be?

Q.How did it feel to have more arrests than assists last season?

Q.How did you feel last season knowing Tim Howard was closer to lifting the golden boot than you?

Q.You finished 230948th on the Ballon D'or list, behind my mate Mak who plays for my school team. Did
you expect to finish this high?

Q.When you retire, will you ever think of starting a career as a professional footballer?

Q.Which stadium has the comfiest bench?

Q.Are you the only player to be neither footed?

Fucking lol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
601635_632249146802318_1578071100_n.jpg

Juventus Harlem Shake

KuGsj.gif

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

Was Federica Nargi one of the girls? SHOW YOURSELF

Harlem Shake is why I hate the world we live in.

It's incredibly stupid. But it's hilarious seeing our/your players doing this!

Slizz

Who the hell doesn't have games on steam? Not even Portal, Half-life, CS or TF2?

My Steam account got hacked way back in the day when Counter-Strike moved to Steam, since then haven't really had a PC capable of playing games, don't even have it installed on my laptop.

Liverpool's official twitter had urged everyone to ask question for Stewart Downing (#AskDowning). Here are some of them :

Q.Jamie Carragher has seen some things during his time at Anfield, but... how did the poor guy feel when he first played with you?

Q.If you were a footballer, what would your preferred position be?

Q.In 2009 Pogatetz said you would eventually join a top 4 club. Do you think that will ever happen?

Q.So you left Aston Villa for Champions League football. How's that working out for you?

Q.How did it feel to have more arrests than assists last season?

Q.How do the Liverpool strikers feel when they are stood in the box for the 978th time, waiting for you to cross the ball?

Q.how do you sleep at night knowing you get paid for trying to play football

Q.How did you feel last season knowing Tim Howard was closer to lifting the golden boot than you?

Q.Did you laugh when Liverpool brought you for 18 million?

Q.Did you feel that Messi robbed you when he won the Ballon D'or?

Q.What will you wear when you win the Ballon D'or next year? Please don't wear what Messi did, OK?

Q.You finished 230948th on the Ballon D'or list, behind my mate Mak who plays for my school team. Did
you expect to finish this high?

Q.When you retire, will you ever think of starting a career as a professional footballer?

Q.Which stadium has the comfiest bench?

Q.Are you the only player to be neither footed?
Winner.

Linius

I got Mass Effect for christmas but I still haven't played it. Bought Tomb Raider this week and I'm half way trough the game :p

Also been playing a lot of mobile arcade games lately. Bike Race and Subway Surfers rock!

Wilbur

Banned
Guardian writing bollocks again:

Yes, United were hanging on to a one-goal lead against a Real team fresh from beating Barcelona twice in less than a week. The task was always going to be demanding but few, if anybody, among their supporters could have imagined they would ever see a Manchester United team trapped in its own penalty area at Old Trafford for some 15 minutes with little idea of how to escape.

Compare the way they dealt with going a man down against Real to Chelsea's reaction last season after the same referee had, with more justification, sent off John Terry early in the second leg of their Champions League semi-final against Barcelona at Nou Camp, Terry having kneed Alexis Sánchez in the back. Chelsea were already a goal down and soon fell further behind yet they sorted themselves out so well that even Lionel Messi could not find a way through and eventually goals from Ramires and Fernando Torres took Roberto Di Matteo's side to the final on a 3-2 aggregate.

Now I have no qualms with the first point. We should have held on better and not lost our heads. But to argue Chelsea did anything but boot the ball away from their box and rely on the heroics of their goal keeper and missed penalties is fucking dumb. It worked, and it was a good game plan in the end, but the article makes it sound like they kept Messi et al out as opposed to him hitting the bar and the entire bunch of cunts just tapping it around the 18 yard box.

Christ.

Slizz

I got Mass Effect for christmas but I still haven't played it. Bought Tomb Raider this week and I'm half way trough the game :p

Also been playing a lot of mobile arcade games lately. Bike Race and Subway Surfers rock!

Download Vector, beats the shit out of Subway Surfers. It's like a side scrolling Mirror's Edge. I'm currently addicted to it.

Salazar

few, if anybody, among their supporters could have imagined they would ever see a Manchester United team trapped in its own penalty area at Old Trafford for some 15 minutes with little idea of how to escape.

lol, do one u fuckin scum-dribbling div

we've seen exactly that scenario in the league this season. Against much less competent teams. We don't have to strain to imagine it.

Wilbur

Banned
lol, do one u fuckin scum-dribbling div

we've seen exactly that scenario in the league this season. Against much less competent teams. We don't have to strain to imagine it.

Getting antsy against Reading is one of the fucking lowlights of my life

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
few, if anybody, among their supporters could have imagined they would ever see a Manchester United team trapped in its own penalty area at Old Trafford for some 15 minutes with little idea of how to escape.

Eh? I don't recall this ever happening.

Wilbur

Banned
Would Man Utd fans support trading Rooney for David Villa? Or Alexis Sanchez?

Villa, no. Still great, but too old and injury prone, plus RVP plays in his position. Sanchez - if he played like he did at Udinese then maybe, but not Barca Sanchez.

Wilbur

Banned
Eh? I don't recall this ever happened.

We were definitely under the kosh for a while, from the sending off to Ron's goal, but it certainly wasn't a relentless siege that we absolutely floundered under. Did well to get a fair few chances after that. Lopez was on meth that night.

That hairless bug-eyed freak McDermott punching the air with his chubby fists.

Nightmares.

Never have I seen a shirt sponsor that so accurately portrays what occupation the manager should be in reality, than Reading's. Store manager of the Slough branch in another life.

K1LLER7

I'd take Tello

We don't need anyone, We've got Adnan ;)

Sir Alex was full of praise for both players: ”Adnan is a beautifully balanced player,” the 71-year-old said of the young Belgian.

“He’s only 18 and still to grow into his frame. But he has good balance, good acceleration and he’s a very good technical player.

“He and Nick, of the younger players, are at the top. They’re very good.

“Nick has had a few injuries and has had a bit of bad luck so we feel Carrington is the best place for him at the moment [rather than sending him out on loan].

“That way, we can work on bringing him on physically and preparing him for next season.”

Reserves boss Warren Joyce was also complimentary of the talented pair: “Nick’s got talent,” he told ManUtd.com.

“He can play anywhere on a football pitch as he’s got really good ability.

“Adnan is still developing but there’s no doubt he’s got talent too. He’s got a good footballing brain and a good touch.

“We’re trying to get him stronger and fitter and he’s getting to know the Manchester United style of play as well.

“He’s grown up a certain way and I think he has had a tremendous education over in Belgium. He’s come over here with good technique and is desperate to be a footballer as well so he’s got a lot of things going for him.”

Chelsea are interested in Niang. Well, too fucking late.

--

In other, more realistic news, PSV wants either Milan or Benfica to play a friendly this summer, to celebrate their 100th birthday. They preferred Barca, but only if Messi came.

Clegg

There is a massive difference between the way Barca and Madrid play though. We've seen that Barca find it extremely difficult to break down teams who defend deep. Madrid are a bit more direct and have the advantage of players that actually shoot outside the box (fucking Modric).

I don't think it's fair to compare the situations. The circumstances are similar but the teams are not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom