• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
Does Lightning expect Barca to win the CL every season? Bound to fail at some point.
Pathetically defensive. Saying he didn't perform against a few teams and saying can he do it against Milan this week when BArca have their backs to the wall is not saying Barca need to win every year.

And you did fail. Last season both the La Liga and CL.

well, I can't speak for Lightning and it's a bit early to start shitting on Barca and Messi (that'll come when they get knocked out on Tuesday) but for the "greatest player of all time" on the "greatest club side of all time"? Sure, why not!
I never shitted on Barca or Messi. I said can he do it when it matters against Milan. I never ONCE said he doesn't perform when it matters or against big teams.

But I was also going to mention the hype of "best player of all time" and Barca "best team of all time" bollocks further drawing attention when they fail.

Clegg

WHAT. IS IT 2:05 OR 3:05

THIS IS IMPORTANT FOR SLEEP

CRISIS AVERTED

Its changing on the 31st of March for UK/Ireland and I presume Europe.

It's changing today for America. The time changed on GAF and I got upset at my lost hour of sleep.

CRISIS AVERTED

faridmon

I still feel so shit and my head i snot right, I took a medicine that I was supposed gurgle and drank it. Had to vomit my food that time.
I am supposed to go to a gig tomorrow evening, but at this rate, I might miss it. Damn it! I hope not...

Zabojnik

Goal.com are reporting that City have first right of refusal for Stevan Jovetic.

It's where he's going, for sure. Unless City get rid of Mancini and bring in someone that really doesn't care about Jojo.

I just wanted to say that I'm with FootballFan and Messi (and that drunk Andres, I guess) on Tuesday. Nothing against our Milan bros, it would be pretty epic if the Diavolo made it through. But I'm kinda getting tired of the 'lol, Barca' attitude here and I'd rather we draw them than Milan in the quarterfinals anyway. So ... REMUNTADAAAAAA!!!

jtb

Banned
Pathetically defensive. Saying he didn't perform against a few teams and saying can he do it against Milan this week when BArca have their backs to the wall is not saying Barca need to win every year.

And you did fail. Last season both the La Liga and CL.

I never shitted on Barca or Messi. I said can he do it when it matters against Milan. I never ONCE said he doesn't perform when it matters or against big teams.

But I was also going to mention the hype of "best player of all time" and Barca "best team of all time" bollocks further drawing attention when they fail.

oh I was just speaking about myself really; I'd love to see Messi and Barca fail. I just don't want to criticize them too much before they actually go out.

FootballFan

It's where he's going, for sure. Unless City get rid of Mancini and bring in someone that really doesn't care about Jojo.

I just wanted to say that I'm with FootballFan and Messi (and that drunk Andres, I guess) on Tuesday. Nothing against our Milan bros, it would be pretty epic if the Diavolo made it through. But I'm kinda getting tired of the 'lol, Barca' attitude here and I'd rather we draw them than Milan in the quarterfinals anyway. So ... REMUNTADAAAAAA!!!

Holy crap Zab you are the man. <3 Juve.

(I still don't think you guys are good enough to win it this season, next season with a better striker and more CL experience all around seems much more likely).

Messi

We'll field a compeitive squad capable of achieveing top 4 it means a lot to Wenger but we should be aiming for so much more. Top 4 should be the bare minimum of the failure not the high point of success of a season for a team like Arsenal.

I hope Wenger pulls finger and does what must be done but I'm not overly confident. I just want him to end on a high, not with us in the Europa league with no world class players.

He did great that game. Lest see if he can do it against Milan. He couldn't do it against Madrid when it mattered, couldn't do it against Chelsea when it mattered and failed in the first leg against Milan. Show us your stuff Messi!

He has done it in the past vs Madrid and two CL finals.

Wilbur

Banned
FOR KYOUFU

ibtiwXxFinIOtg.gif

Are you really upset that Anzhi didn't beat us?

Zero away goals is basically like a victory anyway :p

And I won't shed a tear if you guys eliminate Anzhi. Before, I just wanted Anzhi to stay in the competition longer so they would have to stretch out their thin squad out over multiple competitions, but now...we're playing so poorly I doubt we'll be able to challenge them for that CL spot anyway.

Timurid

Zero away goals is basically like a victory anyway :p

And I won't shed a tear if you guys eliminate Anzhi. Before, I just wanted Anzhi to stay in the competition longer so they would have to stretch out their thin squad out over multiple competitions, but now...we're playing so poorly I doubt we'll be able to challenge them for that CL spot anyway.

Swiss league > Russian league

Zabojnik

Holy crap Zab you are the man. <3 Juve.

(I still don't think you guys are good enough to win it this season, next season with a better striker and more CL experience all around seems much more likely).

Believe me, I know. Our chances might increase next year, but there'll still be at least 5, 6 teams ahead of us. Tbh, I'm happy to be where we are, given how poorly Serie A's been doing in the past 5-10 years, ourselves included. I'm just glad we're finally back in Europe, having fun and making dem CL moneyz. :)

Hey Zab, you know you want another Milan - Juve finale, like the one on '03. Would be great.

No, flippedb, I really don't. :D Milan are just too fucking blessed in CL. Berlusca must have bribed a saint or something. I don't even know if I have another lost CL final in me. I witnessed three of 'em and it very nearly killed me. The 2003 one was fucking brutal and so fucking unjust, because Nedved, our best player then, couldn't be there. Saw it with a milanista friend too. At his home. It was ... Shit, it was awful. :/

bud

i turned 25 this week, not even joking.

don't you think it's time to make a gif

a gif that goes beyond this last one

a gif that contains no clothing

only wilbury

Wilbur

Banned
i turned 25 this week, not even joking.

don't you think it's time to make a gif

a gif that goes beyond this last one

a gif that contains no clothing

only wilbury

fuckkkkk i'm not getting on my computer again tonight :lol

Remind me on Monday. I'll make you a private special celebration. No one else will ever see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom