• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
It's that filthy bastard Agger you want to be worried about

HtRGmzl.gif

Edit* God that gif is disgusting.. I'm not even sure if it is Agger!

See that's what I mean. Bale's dives are all the same, he just goes limp. Sometimes he gets caught sometimes he doesn't, but generally it's the sort of fall you'd expect from a minor clash running at speed, that's why he's picked up a couple of incorrect bookings for diving. It's too real. What Bale doesn't do, is this:

suarezgif.gif

caramac

See that's what I mean. Bale's dives are all the same, he just goes limp. Sometimes he gets caught sometimes he doesn't, but generally it's the sort of fall you'd expect from a minor clash running at speed, that's why he's picked up a couple of incorrect bookings for diving. It's too real. What Bale doesn't do, is this:

Exactly, Bale is a sly sneaky diver, at least Luis is blatant.

elseanio

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n119/yoshi2542/suarezgif.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

I agree, Bale has certainly perfected his trademark dive. It's only Suarez' second season though, give him time.

Kenka

Clash of the Titans? More like the Illuminati of NeoGAF... (why else would Evil, Whitta and Pachter be in the same room?).
Who is Whitta ?
I find it cool that GAF gets more exposure in mainstream media. It's a cool place that contains lots of individuals with sometimes radically different opinions but who still interact with one another rather civilly. It's actually rare to have this in any place.

And in regard to videogames, while it remains true that many gaffers claim that they spend more time chatting about the games than playing them, we still have knowledgeable gamers who can pinpoint what is good or what is bad about this or this game in a rather

1) accurate
2) honest

way. And that is a valuable asset of GAF for the industry.

Fady K

Finally caught up with Footygaf!

Today's edition featuring:

LegoArmo
dc89
Baconsaurus Rex
Yurt
Vivalaraza
Fry8
Ushojax
Kylehimself
Lightning
FootballFan
Clegg
Wilbury

He was pretty angry after the United win over Chelsea, where Chicharito scored that offside goal. As angry as Fady can get anyway.

That was the angriest I have ever been in a football match in my life I think. In retrospect I went nuts on ManUnited when it should have been the ref by far. I lost it that day and it was a shameful part of my football-loving life.

Have you ever played it before? I wonder if Fady will get it, he's another #VitaBro

I got it dc :) Friends (and critics) all over lavished it with so much praise I simply could not ignore it. I have yet to beat a Persona game though! I might go for Persona 3 Portable on PSP first. What about you?

Did you pick up any games from the Vita sale by the way? I picked up a really cool game called Dokuro. Check it out if you haven't!

You plus icon next to quote allows you to Fady K

Haha, that feature sure helped me big time :D

I can't believe Fady just said ass. Fudging hell, marriage is getting to him already.

But I've always said ass bro :0 That's probably as far as I go :p

Torres just like...passed the ball away from the goal. What's he doing lol

He pulls of these remarkable moves all the time. He's become detrimental to the side's attack these days.

HAHA. How fitting.

Torres go home. You are a joke.

This sums up how I feel about him everytime he is on the pitch these days. I believed in him for so long, but he has actually become worse. At least back in the Di Matteo days he was an assisting machine.

Man Bucharest are really crap.

Chelsea are somehow worse.

This kind of display is the norm under Rafa my friend. As Kyle said:

What surprises me is that people still act surprised at Chelsea being piss poor. It's our default mode.

Chelsea will cruise it in the return leg.

Ushojax, did you see how poorly Chelsea played against Sparta Prague on the return leg at the Bridge? They were just as bad. They are so dreadful these days. They can easily get knocked out.

Yep. Luiz is hilariously bad at times.

He can be so damn good at times though. Inconsistency is in Chelsea's DNA these days.

730ccef22833bb9bba9732966aa4608c_large

Is there anything left to say?

We need a highlight video of his horrible moves this season. We would have a ten minute video or something.

Second episode: Sal, Kermit, doicare and Fady.

Third episode: jtb, Meus, Lightning and avvaya. (Gunners Edition)

4th: facism, AndersON, Woodenlung, Splatt and Soi-fong.

A footygaf podcast would be awesome. I'd be up for it :] Would love to listen to such a podcast. Especially to hear what everyone sounds like in real life haha.

I hope Chelsea knock untied on their dumb asses tomorrow. Rafa please????

It will be Chelsea's worst loss to United in the abramovich era. Watch and see. Chelsea currently can barely do damage to any club in the whole league.

Lol Messi haters saying La Liga this and that.

I don't know if you guys have heard of this competition called the Champions League, I think a lot of good teams not from La Liga play in it.

Anyways Messi has been top scorer in that competition FOUR years in a row. But I guess that is all because of Xavi and Iniesta. lolololol

He doesn't score in 1 out of the 2 games against Madrid, and has a bad game against Milan, now he is shit and can't handle good teams? :lol

Agreed on all points. He's so legendary that it is easier to notice when he has a bad or quiet period.

I'm not interested in Occulus Rift at all.

Something massively unappealing about strapping a big visor on my head to play a game.

Likewise. And is it just me or are they making far too many consoles/handhelds these days? Oculus Rift, Steambox, Ouya, Project Shield, all in addition to the PS3/PS4/PSV/iOS devices/Android/Xbox360/Xbox720/WiiU/3DS.

10 years ago we had 4 main platforms outside of PC - Gameboy Advance, Gamecube, Playstation 2, and the Xbox.

I'm liking the Edge score for Luigi's Mansion.

Maybe this will finally give me a reason to actually play my 3DS.

My problem with the 3DS is there are only 2 more games coming out all year (based on what is confirmed) that I want. Luigi's Mansion 2 and the new Mario & Luigi RPG. Any other big games coming out? Not a fan of Pokemon or Animal's Crossing or Monster Hunter at all.

<3

Seriously though today has been shit. Not feeling it right now. Just fuck it.

If we lose tomorrow I'll go postal.

Are you alright bro?

Trust me, we are so horrible these days that this is a great chance for ManUtd to brush us aside. We are just painfully bad these days.

Yen

Finally caught up with Footygaf!

Today's edition featuring:

LegoArmo
dc89
Baconsaurus Rex
Yurt
Vivalaraza
Fry8
Ushojax
Kylehimself
Lightning
FootballFan
Clegg
Wilbury

That was the angriest I have ever been in a football match in my life I think. In retrospect I went nuts on ManUnited when it should have been the ref by far. I lost it that day and it was a shameful part of my football-loving life.

I got it dc :) Friends (and critics) all over lavished it with so much praise I simply could not ignore it. I have yet to beat a Persona game though! I might go for Persona 3 Portable on PSP first. What about you?

Did you pick up any games from the Vita sale by the way? I picked up a really cool game called Dokuro. Check it out if you haven't!

Haha, that feature sure helped me big time :D

But I've always said ass bro :0 That's probably as far as I go :p

He pulls of these remarkable moves all the time. He's become detrimental to the side's attack these days.

HAHA. How fitting.

This sums up how I feel about him everytime he is on the pitch these days. I believed in him for so long, but he has actually become worse. At least back in the Di Matteo days he was an assisting machine.

This kind of display is the norm under Rafa my friend. As Kyle said:

Ushojax, did you see how poorly Chelsea played against Sparta Prague on the return leg at the Bridge? They were just as bad. They are so dreadful these days. They can easily get knocked out.

He can be so damn good at times though. Inconsistency is in Chelsea's DNA these days.

We need a highlight video of his horrible moves this season. We would have a ten minute video or something.

A footygaf podcast would be awesome. I'd be up for it :] Would love to listen to such a podcast. Especially to hear what everyone sounds like in real life haha.

It will be Chelsea's worst loss to United in the abramovich era. Watch and see. Chelsea currently can barely do damage to any club in the whole league.

Agreed on all points. He's so legendary that it is easier to notice when he has a bad or quiet period.

Likewise. And is it just me or are they making far too many consoles/handhelds these days? Oculus Rift, Steambox, Ouya, Project Shield, all in addition to the PS3/PS4/PSV/iOS devices/Android/Xbox360/Xbox720/WiiU/3DS.

10 years ago we had 4 main platforms outside of PC - Gameboy Advance, Gamecube, Playstation 2, and the Xbox.

My problem with the 3DS is there are only 2 more games coming out all year (based on what is confirmed) that I want. Luigi's Mansion 2 and the new Mario & Luigi RPG. Any other big games coming out? Not a fan of Pokemon or Animal's Crossing or Monster Hunter at all.

Are you alright bro?

Trust me, we are so horrible these days that this is a great chance for ManUtd to brush us aside. We are just painfully bad these days.
Yeah, there's so many consoles it's like Game Dev Story now!

Wilbur

Banned
I'm alright thank you Fady :) just lady stuff.

Doncing Chelsea will make me happier though. Shame I'm missing it. May the best team win!

Salazar

Second episode: Sal, Kermit, doicare and Fady.

Third episode: jtb, Meus, Lightning and avvaya. (Gunners Edition)

4th: facism, AndersON, Woodenlung, Splatt and Soi-fong.

The fuck is wrong with you

ZahALLAH looked boss against Leeds. He is ultra strong against goober fullbacks.

fuenf

Who is Whitta ?

Gary Whitta the dude who wrote Book of Eli ('BELIEVE') and Will Smith's After Earth...

I find it cool that GAF gets more exposure in mainstream media. It's a cool place that contains lots of individuals with sometimes radically different opinions but who still interact with one another rather civilly. It's actually rare to have this in any place.

And in regard to videogames, while it remains true that many gaffers claim that they spend more time chatting about the games than playing them, we still have knowledgeable gamers who can pinpoint what is good or what is bad about this or this game in a rather

1) accurate
2) honest

way. And that is a valuable asset of GAF for the industry.

Well as of late it's just too much criticism for my taste. See the Tomb Raider thread for example, it's a great game but some people are going out of their way just to criticize it and use GAF as their platform of choice. I mean whatever happened to playing games and have FUN playing it. For a growing number of members here games / consoles are merely a tool to have fun on GAF (trolling other people, stirring them up against each other etc.). That's pretty much why I prefer to stay away from the gaming section nowadays, my time is too valuable for that shit. I don't think it's casuals who ruining videogaming, it's the cynicism of the core gamers.

Seriously look at these Podolski fan fiction stories (nsfw obviously):

Podolski and Oxlade visits brazil (includes neymar)
http://www.nifty.org/nifty/gay/celebrity/podolski-and-oxlade-visit-brazil.html

Podolski and Ballack (Ballack is really weird in this and wants Podolski to call him daddy)
http://www.nifty.org/nifty/gay/celebrity/michael-ballack-lukas-podolski.html

Podolski and Giroud
http://www.nifty.org/nifty/gay/celebrity/giroud-podolski.html

Podolski and Gregory van der Wiel
http://www.nifty.org/nifty/gay/celebrity/podolski-and-gregory-van-der-wiel.html

random Podolski :
http://www.nifty.org/nifty/gay/celebrity/lukas-podolski/lukas-podolski-1
http://www.nifty.org/nifty/gay/celebrity/lukas-podolski/lukas-podolski-2

Main suspect : BUD

Most of these read here - http://bit.ly/XbmEHy

The URL in Quiche's post is Wooden reading Podolski fan fictions (with Ballack, Neymar and the Ox). Posting again, everyone deserves a chance to hear it.

I like how often gaming websites have NeoGAF as the source for their articles. GAF sure has a unique place in the gaming world.

I don't think most "journalists" are half as good as the people on Gaf. Taking stories from a forum because they don't look themselves, kissing publisher ass as much as they do, complete waste of time.

Don't bother with any of these websites just read Gaf. You get much better all round opinions from Gaffers than you journalists imo too. Theres some I like (e.g. Garnett Lee) but I look at Kotaku and read threads on Pachters predictions and I wonder how some of these people get paid for some of that stuff.

Kenka

Gary Whitta the dude who wrote Book of Eli ('BELIEVE') and Will Smith's After Earth...

Well as of late it's just too much criticism for my taste. See the Tomb Raider thread for example, it's a great game but some people are going out of their way just to criticize it and use GAF as their platform of choice. I mean whatever happened to playing games and have FUN playing it. For a growing number of members here games / consoles are merely a tool to have fun on GAF (trolling other people, stirring them up against each other etc.). That's pretty much why I prefer to stay away from the gaming section nowadays, my time is too valuable for that shit. I don't think it's casuals who ruining videogaming, it's the cynicism of the core gamers.
I agree with you that the input of hardcore gamers can be at times misleading when companies take them in account to make multi-million deals to develop and market a game. It's often difficult to gauge their importance in numbers, sarcasm/cynism (as you mentioned) or plain honesty. On GAF, you have dudes who just want to look cool and are ready to spread bullshit just for that purpose.

Ferguson said:
"I would have preferred Casillas. Iker wouldn't have saved the shots that the boy López did. Going out to Danny Welbeck in the first half, going down at Robin van Persie's feet, coming out and whacking Nemanja Vidic in the head... Casillas isn't that type of goalkeeper".

The Red Devils' manager subsequently hammered home this point, stating: "I think López saved them."

imagesyjz9s.jpg

Pazzini won't be at Barcelona on Tuesday, we'll probably see Niang as striker, El Shaa on the left and Boateng or Robinho on the right. Too bad, he's in good shape right now, could've helped us a lot.

Oh well, he'll se our debacle right from his couch.

Peco

Pazzini won't be at Barcelona on Tuesday, we'll probably see Niang as striker, El Shaa on the left and Boateng or Robinho on the right. Too bad, he's in good shape right now, could've helped us a lot.

Oh well, he'll se our debacle right from his couch.

jRfqaXK7Hfsiv.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Juventus: Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Lichtsteiner, Pogba, Pirlo, Marchisio, Asamoah; Giovinco, Vucinic

Conte, you mad?

It has to be related to MGS in some way.

A Volgin lookalike, a BB lookalike with a hook for a hand, a flying firewhale.

It has Kojima written all over it.

Well I certainly won't be disappointed if it's related to MGS.
3AQmK.gif

Just kinda wish it was a new interesting IP, you know?

Arnie

Conor McNamara &#8207;@ConorMcNamaraIE
In just 3 games for #LFC, Philippe Coutinho has already made more assists in the PL than Gareth Bale has in 24 games this season for #THFC.

It's like Arnie wanked for days and days and ejaculated a stat

tumblr_mj2m1jCiBb1qjqnmvo8_250.gif

Clegg

Well I certainly won't be disappointed if it's related to MGS.
3AQmK.gif

Just kinda wish it was a new interesting IP, you know?
I agree with you. There have been too many sequels this gen. I'd like to see new IPs with fresh stories and ideas.

But in fairness to Kojima he's always been a developer who isn't afraid to try new things in his games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom