• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we can beat Southampton, we could be in a very healthy position come the end of the weekend.

West Brom are away to Stoke
Everton have City at home
Arsenal have Swansea away

I'd be surprised if we beat Southampton though, they are playing well even if their results aren't refelcting that, and its the exact type of game we fall over in

Lightning

Banned
They're both quite similar.

The "top" team each side have left to face are Everton and Chelsea (Liv) and United (Arsenal).
Spurs also have Everton, City and Chelsea to play and Chelsea have United, Spurs, Liverpool and Everton.

Notice all of us have Everton? Doubt they will lose them all, they'll be taking points of someone.

Fry

Anfield today played host to a rather famous celebrity visitor from the United States – pop star Lana Del Ray. The singer, whose album ‘Born to Die’ charted at No.1 in 11 countries last year, was making her first ever visit to Anfield to see the match against Tottenham Hotspur and she turned out to be something of a lucky charm – as the Reds came from behind to win 3-2. Before the game kicked off, Lana spoke exclusively to the official LFC website. Why are you at Anfield today? “I was introduced to Liverpool FC by my manager Ben whose mood is dependent on the Liverpool results. I love watching Luis Suarez play.” What are your first impressions of the city and the football stadium? “It's actually my second time in Liverpool but my first time at Anfield. The people in Liverpool are so friendly and the stadium's really impressive.” Are you a football fan and have you attended a match before? “I’ve not had the chance to attend a game before but I’ve watched Liverpool on TV before. It’s great to actually come to Anfield.” Liverpool supporters will be delighted to hear you are at Anfield tpday and will want to know if you are now a Liverpool fan? “Yes! Liverpool are my team but I also support Celtic in Scotland, who are my boyfriend Barrie's team.”

181031_10151620027032573_1313167379_n.jpg

6547_10151620027242573_1985214574_n.jpg

602933_10151620027302573_1509342663_n.jpg

541057_10151620027757573_1581810624_n.jpg

FA will be praying Chelsea don't get through in the Europa otherwise fixture dates for the replay are in short supply.

Still a PL game for both United and Chelsea to catch up on too.

FA will be praying Chelsea don't get through in the Europa otherwise fixture dates for the replay are in short supply.

Still a PL game for both United and Chelsea to catch up on too.

I'm sure there's a reason for it, but the gap between CL group stages and last 16 seems needlessly long

CELTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

Kron

Banned
A draw was probably a fair result.

Both teams were pretty poor overall.

Not the response I wanted to see after the Madrid game.

Its quite amazing how you'll never see a Man U fan give credit to the opposing team. Chelsea absolutely dominated you in the second half.

Utd have the most plastic fans in the league, OT was half empty on 94 mins.

jtb

Banned
Spurs also have Everton, City and Chelsea to play and Chelsea have United, Spurs, Liverpool and Everton.

Notice all of us have Everton? Doubt they will lose them all, they'll be taking points of someone.

I wouldn't be so sure. Moyes has a terrible record against the top teams. Might take points off Liverpool though. Our best hope is that Spurs and Chelsea go far in the EL; especially Chelsea—the fixture congestion will be tough for that squad to handle I think.

Its quite amazing how you'll never see a Man U fan give credit to the opposing team. Chelsea absolutely dominated you in the second half.

You hear that boys! Don't criticize your own team up in this here thread from now on.

Clegg

Get fucked. I don't think you even read what I said.

Both teams were poor. And you failed to mention how United could have three or four goals by half time.

Chelsea didn't even fill their allocation!

arkon

What? You had a few of them in here saying they probably should have lost.

Arnie

Cheers :)

What are your thoughts on the blatant favouritism Rodgers has for Allen?

Well, Allen was really good when he came on so I can't complain. And ultimately we won the match. Perhaps he was saving Henderson for Southampton, who'll be desperate to perform and earn a run in the side. This way the squad stays fresh and hungry. The way we seem to be doing it is by rewarding good form, and since the Zenit game in which Allen played well he's had a consistent run in the side.

Clegg

Typical Utd fan, The other team will always be poor unless Utd Win. No class whatsoever.
I think I can say without hesitation that you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Chelsea conceded two goals in the first 10 minutes of the game and could easily have conceded more. They had a shocking first half just like United had a shocking second. That's a poor performance in anyone's books.

Neither team come out with much credit from this game.

Lightning

Banned
I wouldn't be so sure. Moyes has a terrible record against the top teams. Might take points off Liverpool though. Our best hope is that Spurs and Chelsea go far in the EL; especially Chelsea—the fixture congestion will be tough for that squad to handle I think.
Spurs are pretty much through in the el, at the expense of Lennon getting injured, so they will go further and I hope Chelsea turn it around in the home game.

Either way, we win our games and we will make top 4. Our fate really is up to us now since spurs and Chelsea will drop more points. That's all we can really ask and Liverpool chasing teams for 5th is lol. Who the hell wants 5th? Heartbreaking spot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom