• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't at home for mothers day so the family do this:

BE_5-96CIAELQPf.jpg:large

Bunch of weirdo's.
Lmao is that a cardboard cut out of you?

Arnie

I don't think many teams will go to Anfield and dominate the way we did in the second half (until Walker made that mistake). Even once he made it Lloris should still have dealt with it.

During the period between your first and our second, Spurs were fantastic.

Just seen the winner of us and United play City in the next round... getting a bit sick of playing Manchester teams, we'll have played United 5 times by the end of the season.

De GOD

Rio knows.

http://i.minus.com/ibxJmlqMaJk2pB.gif[/IMG[/QUOTE]I'm sure Wooden appreciated that one!

The "stay on your line and don't come for crosses" experiment seems to be working for De Gea. Not exactly a long term solution but we seem to be managing a bit better on crosses. Hopefully he fills out a bit more over the summer.

Picked up Lord of the Flies this Friday at the library but fuck physical copies! I'm going to download an ebook version.

Exporting FLAC files to an external device works like ass. Sweet Jesus.

Watching Pool/Spurs highlights.

First goal was so good. Suarez has to be PotY now. Fuck the awards they're bollocks anyway. RVP will need to find his form again if he's to get the nod from me.

Fucking Suarez...

Clegg

I'm sure Wooden appreciated that one!

The "stay on your line and don't come for crosses" experiment seems to be working for De Gea. Not exactly a long term solution but we seem to be managing a bit better on crosses. Hopefully he fills out a bit more over the summer.

I think it also helps that our defenders seem to have sorted out their positioning when it comes to crosses. For a while we were leaving players unmarked or doubling up on the same man for no reason.

Kyoufu

Watching Pool/Spurs highlights.

First goal was so good. Suarez has to be PotY now. Fuck the awards they're bollocks anyway. RVP will need to find his form again if he's to get the nod from me.

Fucking Suarez...

Let's hold hands and pray that Pep is watching him play.

Let's hold hands and pray that Pep is watching him play.
Nah. I'd rather Suarez stays. If Liverpool were gonna be challenging us for the title then I would want him gone but for now I'm happy he's in the league.

Today's game was another reflection of the poor quality of our league. Really can't think of many games between the "top" sides which were played to a high standard this season.

Also Fuck Bayern.

Clegg

Nah. I'd rather Suarez stays. If Liverpool were gonna be challenging us for the title then I would want him gone but for now I'm happy he's in the league.

Today's game was another reflection of the poor quality of our league. Really can't think of many games between the "top" sides which were played to a high standard this season.

Also Fuck Bayern.

United City back in December?

FootballFan

Didn't know Messi broke the league record for scoring goals in consecutive games. 17 games in a row at least 1 goal. The record he broke was made in 1937 lol.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
LOL I can't bro. I wish I could.

Would you like to tell me why I've started Hitman Absolution?

After the intro level this does not feel like a Hitman game :(

Edit: Btw, Xbox or PS3 for Metal Gear? I read online Xbox is better.
PS3 for the free exclusive DLC!

There's no online in Rising so it won't matter.

ShogunX

I feel strangely positive even though we lost today. This wasn't like the defeat at Everton where we got deeper and deeper and then crumbled, this was just errors out of nowhere, I just never saw it coming. The Anfield crowd had lost interest in the game and Liverpool were doing nothing. I don't think many teams will go to Anfield and dominate the way we did in the second half (until Walker made that mistake). Even once he made it Lloris should still have dealt with it.

I bet we will have a few players on the team bus right now absolutely seething. I think that's the difference compared to us at this stage last season. When we lost 5-2 to Arsenal I didn't really get the sense that the players were capable of recovering. They just let their heads go down for two months. I don't think our squad is like that anymore.

Spurs certainly dominated for long spells and it was obvious AVB's plan was to starve us of possession and it had a big impact on our play.

For me though all of this ''Oh we had it in the bag before a silly mistake'' is being a little biased. Both of your goals came from the delicate flower that is Gareth Bale getting free kicks that weren't fouls.

Our second was flukey as fuck but we took the lead on merit from a brilliant bit of play - Not from two non free kicks.

Had a look back and see a few people moaning about Joe Allen coming on.......The crowd were a bit unsure at the time as well but the lad evened it up in the middle and stopped Dembele from dancing around the pitch acting the hard man.

Kyoufu

Also Fuck Bayern.

Let's see how you feel when Suarez causes you to drop points next season as Newcastle win the league on goal difference.

Yeah son. What now?

Let's see how you feel when Suarez causes you to drop points next season as Newcastle win the league on goal difference.

Yeah son. What now?
I know it's your birthday but let's not get crazy.

Cisse must have made your day. I'm quite annoyed because Cameron was heading for a FF clean sheet which didn't come through for me and in the process Morsel got some assist points for Sissoko, but because I love you I'll let it slide.

What more can I do?

I keep getting mullered by Barca in the CL.

Pep couldn't manage Suarez.
Are you playing with La Liga as a playable league? Cos you could just Add Manager, call yourself pulga and totally eviscerate the Barca squad the week before you play them.

I've never done anything like this before, of course.

But you could do it.

Good week for the top 4 in the FPL, but not good enough for me to get any closer to the meaningful spots

Surprising, especially with the lack of games for Arsenal, Man Utd, Man City and Everton

Top 2 running away with it :(

Good week for the top 4 in the FPL, but not good enough for me to get any closer to the meaningful spots

Surprising, especially with the lack of games for Arsenal, Man Utd, Man City and Everton

Top 2 running away with it :(
Frustrating for me cos if I had left Suarez as captain I'd have gone back to top spot.

Also I keep leaving Bunn on my bench and he's consistently out scoring Mignolet.

But all told can't complain, Morsel's been on fire so glad to be hanging on. Things will get interesting with all the fixture changes.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Spurs certainly dominated for long spells and it was obvious AVB's plan was to starve us of possession and it had a big impact on our play.

For me though all of this ''Oh we had it in the bag before a silly mistake'' is being a little biased. Both of your goals came from the delicate flower that is Gareth Bale getting free kicks that weren't fouls.

Whether they were soft free kicks or not (and you still have to defend them anyway), after 65 minutes we were in cruise control and the atmosphere was dead. The crowd knew their team was under the cosh. But as happens in football, Liverpool managed somehow to divert a third goal onto the post and then we did silly things in our own half that gave you a lifeline.

Mentally Liverpool were not in the game until they got the second goal, your attacking players had their heads down and Lloris had nothing to do. You put your two chances away but I think our mistakes had far more to do with the result than anything particularly good from Liverpool. You kept chugging away and somehow scored twice. It was a bit like the game between City and Liverpool at the Etihad (you played much better on that day that we did today). You were in control but somehow gave them a free goal out of nothing.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The VR missions? They are coming to Xbox also. I read that frame rates are smoother on 360 that's pretty crucial for me. Hate FPS drops.

Hmm they always recommend going for the PS3 version in the OT. But just to be absolutely sure, go ahead and ask them over there.

Clegg

Would it be realistic to think that Valencia could be sold this summer?

It's only his first poor season with us after all.

WJD

Would it be realistic to think that Valencia could be sold this summer?

It's only his first poor season with us after all.

Players have him figured out now. He's not going to get any more effective unless he dramatically changes the way he plays. Genuinely wouldn't have any aversion to having Nani, Young, Zaha and Welbeck (kind of) as wing options next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom