• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

It's like spoiling the The Sixth Sense at this point you slow ass mofo.

I opted to go with the 360.

I'm counting on playing MGS 4 on the PS4 in two years. Maybe less if I buy it sooner.

I still have to decide if I'll skip on Microsoft this time, too.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Years ago, I didn't understand the "come for the gaming, stay for the OT" mantra. Now in my older age
looooool im only 23
, I totally get it.

Console warriors get more retarded as generations go on by. I don't have the time nor the energy to get bent out of shape over fucking boxes and frames per second.

You know who's worse than console warriors? MGS story warriors.

MGS 1 and 3 have the best stories of the series imo.

They're the most straightforward of the bunch too.

Yeah.

MGS 2 had the best gameplay IMO.

Carbonox

I can't be fucked with Mass Effect 1 anymore. This game is a horrible, unplayable, buggy piece of shit. When people regard it so highly, have they even played it lately? Or are they just saying what a fantastic game it was all those years ago when it first came out?

Seriously, I cannot bring myself to go further because of how terrible it is. I could have ingrowing toe nails that age better than this. World away from ME2 and ME3 - which despite their problems are at least playable and don't control like a Mako stuck in the mud.

The only thing going for Mass Effect 1 is the plot. I really want to experience it first-hand from start to finish rather than continue to only know its plot based on Wikipedia/ME2 prequel comic but will no longer be able to because the rest of the game is steaming pile of turd.

Such a shame.

Peco

Viktor Kassai, from Hungary. We had him last year vs Arsenal at home, Barça got him in the 2011 CL final vs Manchester, he was also the ref of Italy's debut in the Euros last June vs Spain.

Edit: well, fuck this, I'm out.

Good, an experienced ref is what the game need most.

Scum

I've never play a MGS game. Might watch 'em all one day if I feel like it though.

Gaming is a fucking carnival of stupid at the moment. I thought Sony vs Microsoft fanboys were bad but this console vs pc is much worse.

Wait 'til E3. lol

Years ago, I didn't understand the "come for the gaming, stay for the OT" mantra. Now in my older age
looooool im only 23
, I totally get it.

Console warriors get more retarded as generations go on by. I don't have the time nor the energy to get bent out of shape over fucking boxes and frames per second.

And then most of them can't seem to figure out why publishers act they way they do towards. if only they released they were just consumers and not console warriors...

I truly fucking hate this whole 8GB DDR5 nonsense.

Yes, the PS4 will look much better than the PS3 graphically speaking and it will rival most pc's. No, it won't beat "gaming pc's" because of it.

We don't know how exactly the specs of the PS4 will stack up against pcs but I do know that they'll have to keep it relatively cheap to make some profit on it down the line. Meanwhile, I can always upgrade my pc whenever I want to get more/better/faster whatever. You don't buy a console for the best graphics. That hasn't been the case for this gen and will surely not be the next gen. You buy a console because it's a simple package that gets the job done for a good price.

And yes, as of now I'm confident that my pc will beat whatever Sony and Microsoft come up with.

MGS 1 and 3 have the best stories of the series imo.

They're the most straightforward of the bunch too.

No question

I can't be fucked with Mass Effect 1 anymore. This game is a horrible, unplayable, buggy piece of shit. When people regard it so highly, have they even played it lately? Or are they just saying what a fantastic game it was all those years ago when it first came out?

Seriously, I cannot bring myself to go further because of how terrible it is. I could have ingrowing toe nails that age better than this. World away from ME2 and ME3 - which despite their problems are at least playable and don't control like a Mako stuck in the mud.

The only thing going for Mass Effect 1 is the plot. I really want to experience it first-hand from start to finish rather than continue to only know its plot based on Wikipedia/ME2 prequel comic but will no longer be able to because the rest of the game is steaming pile of turd.

Such a shame.

No

Wooden I don't want to scare you but Broken just scored an absolute screamer

Have a hard time believing that.

We were playing 2v2 and it was me and Meteo against Will and Broken. This happened!

iPWHDi7e6g8DI.gif

Scum

Such a shame.

You're the reason why we got ME3. >:-(

Games are boring

Yearly updates take the fun out of everything. That's why. No excitement for what's round the corner if you already know about it and when it's coming out. :-/

Kenka

Yes, the PS4 will look much better than the PS3 graphically speaking and it will rival most pc's. No, it won't beat "gaming pc's" because of it.

We don't know how exactly the specs of the PS4 will stack up against pcs but I do know that they'll have to keep it relatively cheap to make some profit on it down the line. Meanwhile, I can always upgrade my pc whenever I want to get more/better/faster whatever. You don't buy a console for the best graphics. That hasn't been the case for this gen and will surely not be the next gen. You buy a console because it's a simple package that gets the job done for a good price.

And yes, as of now I'm confident that my pc will beat whatever Sony and Microsoft come up with.
To add a few lines on the matter I would say that Sony'y decision to make a unified pool of 8GB (!) of GDDR5 RAM is incomprehensible. This memory costs A LOT which is the reason why Microsoft and Nintendo didn't put them in their console. You are telling me that this RAM is used for loading data from the Blu-Ray, caching and OS ? Non sense. This is criminal.

To add a few lines on the matter I would say that Sony'y decision to make a unified pool of 8GB (!) of GDDR5 RAM is incomprehensible. This memory costs A LOT which is the reason why Microsoft and Nintendo didn't put them in their console. You are telling me that this RAM is used for loading data from the Blu-Ray, caching and OS ? Non sense. This is criminal.

They'll find some way of making it so it doesn;t hike the price too much, even if it means selling at a loss. They've clearly learned a lot of lessons from the PS3, it would be mindblowing if all of that soul-searching ended up with them fixing everything but the price

Scum

What bothers me about all this too is that core mechanics and whatnot will still stay the same regardless of the visual fidelity of the titles on the PS4 and NextBox.

pulga

Banned

So, the 8GB aren't what they're cracked up to be?

This is why I'm retired from all this bullshit :lol

It sure feels like there will be tons of processes running in the background with the streaming and sharing functions. I'm curious what the finished product will look like but I'm not expecting too much. It can't be that amazing for such a small box

Everyone's talking like Sony have figured out quantum computing or something

kharma45

Sony has spun the 8GB of RAM well credit to them, people seem to believe it's gonna make games look amazing when it'll have little to do with it.

Kenka

They'll find some way of making it so it doesn;t hike the price too much, even if it means selling at a loss. They've clearly learned a lot of lessons from the PS3, it would be mindblowing if all of that soul-searching ended up with them fixing everything but the price
Sony hasn't done any soul searching that is worth a mention so far. In contrary: they have sold their most expensive buildings in Tokyo and New York to make numbers look good. If I was a Sony shareholder with the majority of my own worth in the company, I would have seriously attempted to talk with the majority to throw him down.

23:45 until the downfall of Barcelona begins

@Kenka, I mean in terms of designing the PS4 to appeal to devs and revealing first to get their foot in the door, rather than trying to ride on the coat-tails of last gen

See ya later, dickskins :p

Fry

@Kenka, I mean in terms of designing the PS4 to appeal to devs and revealing first to get their foot in the door, rather than trying to ride on the coat-tails of last gen

1 day and 23:45 until BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERN

Kenka

Fuck me.

edit:

I meant by that that they don't seem to have taken in account lessons from the past. Paying to have data from your OS transiting through GDDR5 makes as much sense as calling the taxi to bring your kid to school two ways while the school is only a few yards away. It's expensive and useless. So why is it featured in the PS4 and why do I have to pay extra for that ? Keep the price low Sony jesters.

Sony has spun the 8GB of RAM well credit to them, people seem to believe it's gonna make games look amazing when it'll have little to do with it.
It sure did surprise me but generally speaking it's simply "Oh my God! BIG NUMBERS ARE GOOD!"

Was there any hype for the cell processor last time? I can't remember.

kharma45

It sure did surprise me but generally speaking it's simply "Oh my God! BIG NUMBERS ARE GOOD!"

Was there any hype for the cell processor last time? I can't remember.

There was a lot, and probably rightly so as it was quite advanced at the time.

Remember when Sony was originally only going to have two Cell's and no GPU? :lol

L1NETT

Heyooooooooooooooooooooooooo

How've Bradford been doing since the final?

Haven't lost, but keep drawing. Nahki Wells is off in the summer, the Sim City severs have tried harder recently.
oooo, edgy!

---

Side note, Bastille, Twin Atlantic, Mallary Knox, Blackout, Imagine Dragons, New Found Glory added to Reading Lineup, so very tempted to go with some mates. Anyone ever been, if so, any good?

Zabojnik

We can afford him, but should we?

No. We shouldn't. Also because it would mean PSG winning the CL, as per Ibra's curse, and we can't have that, can we? We'd have to ban Timurid. Wait a minute ...

Fuck the MGS haters. I thought the story in MGS4 was fine, as far as the series goes. Can't wait for MGS5 or whatever is going to be called on the PS4.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
No. We shouldn't. Also because it would mean PSG winning the CL, as per Ibra's curse, and we can't have that, can we? We'd have to ban Timurid. Wait a minute ...

Fuck the MGS haters. I thought the story in MGS4 was fine, as far as the series goes. Can't wait for MGS5 or whatever is going to be called on the PS4.

I'm a massive fan of MGS.

Big hater of the story.

Kyoufu

I've played ME1 6 times. Easily the best in the series. Unlike 2 & 3 it's an RPG and not a shooter. If you don't like RPGs then you obviously won't like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom