• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Side note, Bastille, Twin Atlantic, Mallary Knox, Blackout, Imagine Dragons, New Found Glory added to Reading Lineup, so very tempted to go with some mates. Anyone ever been, if so, any good?

Yeah, I've been the last three years in a row. Depending on how old you are, if you drink, if you enjoy the festival atmosphere, its a great time. Okay line up this year, but the main stage is pretty underwhelming.

Anderson

No. We shouldn't. Also because it would mean PSG winning the CL, as per Ibra's curse, and we can't have that, can we? We'd have to ban Timurid. Wait a minute ...

Fuck the MGS haters. I thought the story in MGS4 was fine, as far as the series goes. Can't wait for MGS5 or whatever is going to be called on the PS4.

I liked MGS4 as well, would of liked more sneaking time though, love messing with guards

Kenka

BVB-Borussia-Dortmund-Robert-Lewandowski-privat-Gestik-Torhunger-Torfabrik.jpg

Have I understand you correctly ?

Personally, I say Rüdiger, I want him to whisper his name in my ear with a deep and sexy voice a la Woodenlung.

But ... how? It's what makes MGS MGS. It's stupid, convoluted and pretentious ... and yet so awesome. I've never took it seriously, maybe that's why I enjoy it so much.

MGS: awesome
MGS2: great
MGS3: amazing, the best one imho.
MGS4: oh, that's nice, everyone's back and everythin- wat is going on, what's wrong with this game?

to be honest, I loved almost everything about MGS4, except for the very last cutscene. It could've been avoided imho, no need to bring EVERYBODY back.

Fry

I hope EviLore doesn't go to Bayern.

My order of preference of the way things should go down:

1 > Keep Gomez and Mandzukic, nothing changes.

2 > Sell Mandz and buy Rooney

3 > Sell Mandz and buy Falcão

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
But ... how? It's what makes MGS MGS. It's stupid, convoluted and pretentious ... and yet so awesome. I've never took it seriously, maybe that's why I enjoy it so much.

Exactly. Because it's ridiculously stupid.

pulga said:
This doesn't even make sense. I thought the whole point of MGS is to "enjoy" the madness.

Oh, I do. But don't fucking tell me it's "the best story in gaming".

rvy

Banned
This doesn't even make sense. I thought the whole point of MGS is to "enjoy" the madness.

Ugh, not really. Gameplay is tight and balanced in all games except 4. One can enjoy the mechanics without enjoying the story. I haven't cared for a storyline in MGS since 2. And MG II: SS had the best storyline anyway.

Zabojnik

MGS4 spoiler
to be honest, I loved almost everything about MGS4, except for the very last cutscene. It could've been avoided imho, no need to bring EVERYBODY back.

I remember being graphically blown away by MGS4's last 2 hours. That last fight up there, brilliant. I'm getting wet thinking what Kojima's team will be able to achieve on PS4.

dc89

Some more Citeh facts whilst I'm at it:

Yaya Toure is the only City player to appear on Goal's rich list. But...but...but... Oil money.

In 2013 City have kept 10 clean sheets out of 12 games, Kompany has been out for the majority of them too. #NastasicKoloFuture

Yaya Toure is the only City player to appear on Goal's rich list. But...but...but... Oil money.

In 2013 City have kept 10 clean sheets out of 12 games, Kompany has been out for the majority of them too. #NastasicKoloFuture

I saw that and I can't see how it's true. The only way it can be true is if alot of really poor players are being paid £100k+ at City because they have a declared wage bill which is in the world's top 5.

I remember being graphically blown away by MGS4's last 2 hours. That last fight up there, brilliant. I'm getting wet thinking what Kojima's team will be able to achieve on PS4.
The last fight was perfect for a fan, just like the fourth act. Everything was written thinking about the people who played every major entry in the series.
Im sitting here trying to think of the "best story in gaming" and I keep drawing a blank.

GTA IV, according to IGN. Oscar-worthy.

pulga

Banned
Hospital appointment, can't be re-arranged.

Foolproof for me. Not sure if that flies in Honduras lol.

lol this is the one I've been thinking of going with.

I'm in Costa Rica by the way (not that in Honduras someone wouldn't give the day off because of that, we're not animals :lol)

You've only been a rich club for a few years, give it a few years more when Aguero, Silva and so on starts getting old and they will be on there too, it's no wonder Rivaldo, Giggs, Beckham and Kaka made more money than them.

Meier

Saw someone post this on Facebook (Spurs fan I met while in London last year):

Vertonghen has scored more goals in his first season at Spurs than Wilshere has in his whole Arsenal career.

I know Wilshere isn't necessarily meant to be a goalscorer but still kind of funny.

Meier

It's because the rich list is career earnings.

I don't think so. Tevez would definitely be on there if it is (even with his loss in wages/etc. from last season). The impression I got was that they were suggesting a lot of these players had notable endorsement deals. Even on the low end of estimates, Toure would be far above £17m even with just his City wages. He was definitely making a decent chunk at Barca in the years before that.

If it is for their careers, there numbers have to be wrong. Gigi Buffon would be much higher at this point let alone DDR and others.

flippedb

Banned
I feel Barca's defence will be fucking scared tomorrow, and that they'll make silly mistakes. Actually, I feel the whole Barca squad will be a nerve wreck, I expect just Xavi and Iniesta to keep their cool.

We all know Puyol will try to prove himself after the flops he had; Pique is incredibly dumb and will try to score, leaving his spot unmarked, I can see it in his face. Messi will try to finally score against an Italian team and Sanchez/Pedro/Villa are going to be too nervous to play a good game.

I really hope Milan stays focused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom