• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

Evilore vs Bish in a fist fight, who wins?

iCMvPdO9VhUA3.gif

5YRcF.gif
5YRcF.gif

GorillaJu

Man I wish I could enjoy the new Tomb Raider. This motion sickness is debilitating. My head hasn't felt right since I played the game for a few hours yesterday. I've never had this response from a game before. I hope it's not a sign of things to come and is just restricted to Tomb Raider.

GorillaJu

Got my first album in years today. Normally just listen to the radio in the car :lol

I hope for the sake of your struggling campaign to escape relegation to hell when you die, you made the right choice and bought Wondrous Bughouse by Youth Lagoon.

A year shitting on the Europa League may be kind of amusing.

I take it you mean by posts berating the EL, not your team winning games. If you do mean the latter then I have some bad news for you...

I hope for the sake of your struggling campaign to escape relegation to hell when you die, you made the right choice and bought Wondrous Bughouse by Youth Lagoon.

I have no idea who that is :lol You should get FIFA 14 on PC when it comes out and play with us. At the start it is really fun cause everyone is shit.

Lightning

Banned
I take it you mean by posts berating the EL, not your team winning games. If you do mean the latter then I have some bad news for you...
We might not even be in Europe, don't know what squad we'll have. I have no idea how we will do. I just want us to beat Swansea this weekend.

Zabojnik

Guys, I'm looking for a blu-ray player for my PC. I don't need or want a blu-ray burner, I'd like a BR-ROM/DVD recorder combo, but all I can find are BR burners. I'd rather not pay more for something I'll never use. I just want to be able to play/rip blu-rays on PC. Anyone got one?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Nedved: "Ibra is one of the top 3 players in the world with Messi and Ronaldo. Would like to see him return to Juve one day."

So now it's Mino, Ibra himself, Conte and Nedved. Marotta to stir the pot next.

Zabojnik

Nedved: "Ibra is one of the top 3 players in the world with Messi and Ronaldo. Would like to see him return to Juve one day."

So now it's Mino, Ibra himself, Conte and Nedved. Marotta to stir the pot next.

How would this even work? For some reason I don't see Conte and Ibra getting along for very long. Dong.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
How would this even work? For some reason I don't see Conte and Ibra getting along for very long. Dong.

No idea. But who cares? Just throw him in Serie A and let's go on autopilot and focus on Europe.

He's, allegedly, a professional on the pitch.

Vucinic = Big games
Llorente = Europe and big games.
Ibra = Our very own flat-track bully.
Giovinco = To sell shirts

Lightning

Banned
No idea. But who cares? Just throw him in Serie A and let's go on autopilot and focus on Europe.

He's, allegedly, a professional on the pitch.

Vucinic = Big games
Llorente = Europe and big games.
Ibra = Our very own flat-track bully.
Giovinco = To sell shirts
I've read you also want Podolski. When did Juve get so much money?

Zabojnik

We don't have that much money, really. CL helped though. We got Llorente for free. Giovinco and Vucinic are with us already. Ibra isn't coming. Podolski would (well, should) be a 10M€ transfer at best, anyway. Not much money involved with these players. :p

FOOTBALLFANNNNNN!!! It's us versus the world tonight, how are we feelin'?

FootballFan

Llorente was free, Giovinco is a Juventini, If they get Ibra they will get him on loan with option to buy by 10m a year installs for 4 years.

Podolski wouldn't cost much I don't think. How much did Arsenal get him for?

FootballFan

FOOTBALLFANNNNNN!!! It's us versus the world tonight, how do you feel?

If I'm being serious, I'm not that confident.

BUT with players like Xavi Iniesta and Messi, I won't be surprised if we make it as those guys can win games. PLUS uefalona/unicef is bound to get Milan a red card before the 30th minute.

It's possible. But I would give us about a 35% chance.

Lightning

Banned
We don't have that much money, really. CL helped though. We got Llorente for free. Giovinco and Vucinic are with us already. Ibra isn't coming. Podolski would (well, should) be a 10M€ transfer at best, anyway. Not much money involved with these players. :p

FOOTBALLFANNNNNN!!! It's us versus the world tonight, how are we feelin'?
The amount quoted for Podolski was 15mil pounds. 10mil Euros is less than we paid... so it's a deal with only 1mil upfront and 4 years to pay. A deal in true Arsenal fashion!

I very much doubt it.

1- http://www.whoscored.com/Players/6040 (Weakness: Defensive contribution)
2-He's not going to leave after one year in the PL.
Defensively Podolski is shit and Wenger got rid of Santos after 1 season and German press are saying Mertesacker also wants to go back to Germany. So I wouldn't be that surprised but I would be unhappy as I think Podolski has contributed some crucial goals this season.

Lokomotiv website am lying? :(

Probably friendlies, maybe a cup game but I'm certain he hasn't played in the league this season.

Edit: Their website says "Товарищеские матчи" which means friendlies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Probably friendlies, maybe a cup game but I'm certain he hasn't played in the league this season.

So how's Hulk and Axel Witsel so far?

I saw Axel in Dubai a few months ago. :lol
Edit: Their website says "Товарищеские матчи" which means friendlies.
There's absolutely nothing friendly in that word.

Oh. Sorry can't read Russian.

This game looks like it was interesting. Loskov is in there but it's last season.
Lazovic, Bukharov, Huszti, Bruno Alves...no wonder we lost, lol

So how's Hulk and Axel Witsel so far?

I saw Axel in Dubai a few months ago. :lol

There's absolutely nothing friendly in that word.
So far? Massive flops. Hulk was especially dreadful before the winter break but he seems to be somewhat getting it together recently. Witsel has been solid but not spectacular, but a much needed purchase since our midfield is oooooooooooold. Not worth anywhere near 40 million though.

Makes sense about Dubai, Zenit were having a training camp there in January.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Wait, are you saying we dodged a bullet with Bruno Alves? :p

Дмитрий Вячеславович Лоськов

Вы будете терять сегодня вечером.

Wait, are you saying we dodged a bullet with Bruno Alves? :p
Lol, our most recent game. Indeed, massive bullet.

Вы будете терять сегодня вечером.

Dat google translate. "терять" means lose but in the sense of losing your wallet, not losing a match. You're looking for "проиграйте" as in Вы сегодня вечером проиграйте.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Dat google translate. "терять" means lose but in the sense of losing your wallet, not losing a match. You're looking for "проиграйте" as in Вы сегодня вечером проиграйте.

Which is exactly what I meant.

'Losing' a wallet basically means being robbed. And that's what's going to happen tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom