• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

Hey Fry, solid show by The Killers yesterday. They do an awesome job live :)

1fZuVG3.jpg

Mr. Brightside.

Also got a guitar pick from Dave!

Linius

The best thing is if Barcelona don't win all of Football GAF are going to rip the shit out of Barca. That will be so beautiful to see. I can't wait. Please Milan!

Barca need their reality check. Their egos are a little bloated.

It's pretty sad if you support some English mid table club you have to hope for Barca to fall out today to get your pleasure in football.

I'm wondering what this thread would be like if Barca makes it trough the next round. And hopefully by ref. errors so we all can say that the Uefalona did it again.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
It's pretty sad if you support some English mid table club you have to hope for Barca to fall out today to get your pleasure in football.

I'm wondering what this thread would be like if Barca makes it trough the next round. And hopefully by ref. errors so we all can say that the Uefalona did it again.

Everybody always roots for the underdog, that's normal.

Except when Chelsea are involved.

Lloris:
"This game must not break our confidence," said Lloris in the Daily Star. "We did great things before this game and it's just one game in the season.
"Anything can happen so we have to look forward. We have to prepare for the next [league] game with great concentration and get three points at the end.
"We are disappointed because we lost but there are a lot of positive things to think after this.
"We have to keep clear minds about the situation. We're still third. We will look at other results and we can see what happens between now and the end of the season."

JUST KICK THE FUCKING BALL NEXT TIME, SONNY

Fry

Thread about DeAndre Jordan's dunk in OT. Meus posts the headbutt diving gif with no reasoning or context.

Just saw it.

I have always thought Meus was the most weird of our bunch. In a bunch led by Wilbury and Wooden.

:lol :lol :lol

Wilshere out for 3 weeks.

Won't play again until next season.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
'3 weeks'

Has any Arsenal player actually recovered from a '3 week' injury in 3 weeks?

phaze

Hey, hey I'll be cheering for Barca even though I support Arsenal.

BBC are reporting that Wilshere will be out for three weeks with his ankle injury, so five weeks then knowing our medical team.

He's apparently recovering in fucking Dubai, there go my delusions about Wednesday.

'3 weeks'

There are also rumors that he's out for the rest for the season. Though that happens every time our player gets injured.

FootballFan

'3 weeks'

No. They say it so Arsenal fans have something to be happy about.

Except for phaze, he is an awesome Arsenal fan <3

With Zabojnik, phaze and BarcaGAF, no way we will lose.

FootballFan

Why?

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/Thierry%20Henry.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/54616000/jpg/_54616180_fabregas-at-barca.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://www.thehindu.com/multimedia/dynamic/01185/22isbs_alex_song_G_1185135e.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

You forgot Hleb, Sylvinho, Overmars, and a few more. edit oh you added them haha

Anyways Arsenal fans should be happy we took Henry from them. A player like Henry deserved a CL medal and he wasn't going to get one at Arsenal. Was happy for him.

Kinda like when Inter won the CL. Eto'o was treated unfairly by Pep imo, so when Inter won the CL at least I was happy for him.

edit
Also forgot Van Bronckhorst. <3 One of the better players we took from Arsenal.

Linius

FUCK YES!

TELL ME MORE

What's there to tell? They used a lot of fireworks and confetti. They played most of their biggest hits and a some new stuff. The visuals were nice to see and Brandon is a good singer live. Too bad I didn't got a good visual at the drummer, from what I saw on the video screen he's drumming like his life depends on it :p

Hey, hey I'll be cheering for Barca even though I support Arsenal.

Actually I have nothing against Arsenal, but that pointless banter by fans from clubs who have nothing to do with Barca is just sad. Let the Madrid and Milan fans take care of that, they actually have good reasons to be against Barca. But hey, I shouldn't even care what other people think of Barca in the end :p

Fry

What's there to tell? They used a lot of fireworks and confetti. They played most of their biggest hits and a some new stuff. The visuals were nice to see and Brandon is a good singer live. Too bad I didn't got a good visual at the drummer, from what I saw on the video screen he's drumming like his life depends on it :p

Did they play The Way It Was? How was it?

Salazar

Kyoufu

RAWK goobers are already talking (in a gabbled way) like they own ur French pretty

Sturridge, Coutinho, Ben Arfa, have been regarded by some as one of the most naturally talented footballers in Europe and with whom we have been linked (if not bought as in Ben Arfa’s case). These strike me as “Ferguson” type signings whereas Sahin, Borini and Allen maybe lack the physicality to qualify.

FootballFan

Main reason I want Barca to lose is cos Barca-GAF handle defeat in the worst possible way. BigBoss will definitely deliver.

Wasn't always like that, fact is Pep has made a team of winners and the supporters will now always expect wins in everything.

We are used to winning every game and everything for the last 4-5 years, losses feel unusual after you get so used to winning.

The team will start losing once Xavi and Puyol are gone, Iniesta gets older and Messi's steroids destroy his body. Then things go back to normal and we all hate Madrid instead.

If I could pick the next team to dominate Europe, I'd pick Bayern. Would love to see them destroy everyone. Except Barca.

Linius

Wasn't always like that, fact is Pep has made a team of winners and the supporters will now always expect wins in everything.

We are used to winning every game and everything for the last 4-5 years, losses feel unusual after you get so used to winning.

The team will start losing once Xavi and Puyol are gone, Iniesta gets older and Messi's steroids destroy his body. Then things go back to normal and we all hate Madrid instead.

Madrid's periode will surely come. No club can maintain Barca's current position in football for too long.

Linius

Did you have chills during the bridge?

I'm at work and I don't have sound in my computer, so I can't listen.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING

They did a bit of an alternative version. Brandon decided to tell some personal story of what the song is about somewhere in the middle after which they picked up the song again. Anyways, it would be nice if they come to a festival where I'm going this summer. I'd surely check them out again. And all the songs they did in Amsterdam are on that Youtube channel in case you want to check it out.

Fry

They did a bit of an alternative version. Brandon decided to tell some personal story of what the song is about somewhere in the middle after which they picked up the song again. Anyways, it would be nice if they come to a festival where I'm going this summer. I'd surely check them out again. And all the songs they did in Amsterdam are on that Youtube channel in case you want to check it out.

I'm definitely going to check out once I'm home.

glad you enjoyed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom