• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenka

QF
PSG - Galatasaray
Real - Barca
Bayern - Dortmund
Juve - Porto

SF
Juve - PSG
Real - Bayern

Final
PSG - Bayern

Dealwithif.gif
This was the last day of your existence.

p.jpg

@Milch, what would you think of a Gala-Dortmund game ? How many decibels involved ?

Linius

Footy-gaf always complain about the international breaks because there's no football worth watching.

Oh I don't. There's more to life than football :p

I just enjoy transfer window rumours, watch some practice games from Ajax and go on with my life. And in case of bad results in the league Ajax starts early anyways to qualify for the CL.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
QF
PSG - Galatasaray
Real - Barca
Bayern - Dortmund
Juve - Porto

SF
Juve - PSG
Real - Bayern

Final
PSG - Bayern

Dealwithif.gif

Chiellini would certainly love PSG. His backpocket longs for the embrace of Ibra.

I want Barcelona. Quick and painful.

Fry

The wait to get home from work and watch the match will suck.

I hope Bayern aren't in danger after the 1st half because I'm gonna have to miss the 2nd. :((

fuenf

Really hope that Dream League thing never happens. Players need their rest, what the fuck Sheiks. I can live a few months a year without football :/

It WILL happen, just think about it it's an ingenious way to circumvent FFP rules.

I though the semi-finals will be drawn seperately this year?

I'd love to play Juve, PSG, Barca or Porto. Don't need to play Bayern yet again and I'm kinda afraid of Mou, after the 2 matches last year I'm rather sure he could find a way to give us an incredibly hard challenge.

Oh I didnt know that, not that it changes much.

Kenka

Totally forgot about them lol

Well, would be okay I guess. I'd rather had played Schlacke, though.
Next year, dear accomplice. Let the juices of emotion flow !
Still, next best thing to Schlappe-Dortmund is Gala-Dortmund. Imagine Gala travelling to Ruhr twice. Best thing eva.

edit: TurkishEmperor back from the banned soon enough to comment about the game on GAF ! That was close, man.

vall03

Thanks ! Great goal from Altintop, also I completely forgot that Sneijder is playing for Gala. : )

Highlights from today's Arse game:

+ one consolation goal for us when Bayern stops giving a shit.

So I randomly checked the Football thread and there was a Captain Tsubasa gif? damn thats fucking nostalgic lol

bjaelke

Schalke's sporting director Horst Heldt has confirmed that a group of ticketless Galatasaray fans were caught trying to burrow into their stadium using their bare hands ahead of Tuesday's Champions League match.
Gold.

Peco

Alright, I really have something to get off my chest today, after everything I heard/saw yesterday night. I know how Footy-GAF is, how everybody reacts and how people usually "support" other teams in games like yesterday, so I wasn't actually surprised to see a lot of "Forza Milan" etc. before the game and a bunch of "useless cunts" after. So that was pretty much people who don't usually give a damn about the Serie A because, well, it's the Serie A.

But, to the people who actually cares about Italy and honestly were looking forward to Milan getting through the quarterfinals and then shit all over us: this team, this particular team that you saw yesterday night, three-four months ago was in the relegation zone of the Serie A. As you all know how bad Serie A is, you get the picture.

Last night, after 150 minutes with 30 left on the clock, we were drawing 2-2 vs Barcelona, which still is one of the top 2-3 teams out there and happens to have the best player of the world (in my opinion, but that's not the point) upfront.

I knew that this team couldn't handle Barcelona and especially Camp Nou, it was pretty obvious. I said this the day after the first match, Zapata and Mexes just can't have two matches like that in the CL because they're not as good as one would expect after seeing that game. The rest of the team simply doesn't have enough experience.

We have a completely different mentality from last year, we decided to have more youngsters in the team and let all of the once great players leave because they didn't had a place in this squad anymore. If we had (and this is something that I hate to say) Gattuso, Nesta and Seedorf (as much as I hated the guy. Also, I'm not counting Thiago Silva and Ibra) yesterday night we would've lost 1-0.

Instead, we had: Abbiati (a swing and a miss, usually), Abate (knows how to run, and doesn't even know how to write the word "cross"), Constant (who was in the relegation zone last year with Genoa), Mexes (if he's on his period then fuck everything), Zapata (was in a team that eventually got relegated last year), Ambrosini (too old for this stuff), Montolivo (still unexperienced), Flamini (as long as you ask him to break legs everything's good. Otherwise, God help us), El Shaarawy (born in 1992) who led the team the whole fall and now is kinda resting himself, Niang (born in 1994) who is having a bad shape period, Boateng (who usually gets one game right and seventeen wrong).

Now tell me how people could expect us to win or to go through the QF without conceding one goal or two.

Or tell me another team that did what we did this year, and by that I mean: letting all of our experienced players go at first then selling our two best players plus another really good one, fight in the relegation zone for two months, get back on track, get to the 3rd place of the table, win 2-0 at home vs the best team of the world using a bunch of youngsters and inexperienced players then draw 2-2 against said team with 30 minutes left.

I'm not mad at our team or, say, Niang. We won the first match, we lost the second one, again, vs Barcelona. With this team I couldn't ask for anything more.

Molto diplomatico vedo, bravo. Tutto sommato per come si misero le cose ad inizio anno non possiamo di certo lamentarci, l'unica mia preoccupazione è l'impatto negativo che la sconfitta avrà o potrà avere sul campionato. Spero di sbagliarmi.

rvy

Banned
Molto diplomatico vedo, bravo. Tutto sommato per come si misero le cose ad inizio anno non possiamo di certo lamentarci, l'unica mia preoccupazione è l'impatto negativo che la sconfitta avrà o potrà avere sul campionato. Spero di sbagliarmi.

Yurt, get in here. They're talking bad about Footy-GoAF in a language we don't understand. I know I read "rvy is a cunt" in there.

Empty

i hope arsenal win. if only to avoid all the tedious handwringing over what no british teams in the quarters means for the state of the league.
also fuck bayern

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yurt, get in here. They're talking bad about Footy-GoAF in a language we don't understand. I know I read "rvy is a cunt" in there.

A LOVELY cunt. ;)

FWIW, I think you're wrong NFA. The players and Allegri know they overachieved in Europe anyway so it won't affect your fantastic league form.

It should affect Niang though.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Is Wenger really going to rest Cazorla and Walcott? I cannot wait to see Gervinho against Lahm.

bjaelke

Is Wenger really going to rest Cazorla and Walcott? I cannot wait to see Gervinho against Lahm.

Jonathan Northcroft ‏@JNorthcroft
If Wenger does rest players tonight, Arsenal should dip into those £££ reserves and compensate traveling fans

How much compensation can one man expect if Wenger plays Gervinho?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
If he does, nah...he wont, surely not.

Well it's being reported. Even he wouldn't be that dumb, surely. I get that he wants to rest players for a massive PL game but I'd rather deal with some tired legs at the weekend than a potentially devastating scoreline.

I can't wait to see Robben. I bet you can't either.

The last two times I saw Robben, against Arsenal and Dortmund, he played quite well. If he helps crush Arsenal tonight he will be partially redeemed. Partially.

Robben v Jenkinson

Well it's being reported. Even he wouldn't be that dumb, surely. I get that he wants to rest players for a massive PL game but I'd rather deal with some tired legs at the weekend than a potentially devastating scoreline.

The last two times I saw Robben, against Arsenal and Dortmund, he played quite well. If he helps crush Arsenal tonight he will be partially redeemed. Partially.

Robben v Jenkinson
Its the principle. I don't think Arsenal have a hope of getting through so you can probably make quite a good argument for "resting" players. But you just can't wave the white flag like that.

Empty

gervinho is not that bad....

remember when gervinho played as a false nine and looked good for one game then was unfathomably terrible

also remember when diaby murdered liverpool, invited scores of yaya comparisons then vanished for the rest of the season

#arsenalmemories

remember when gervinho played as a false nine and looked good for one game then was unfathomably terrible

also remember when diaby murdered liverpool, invited scores of yaya comparisons then vanished for the rest of the season

#arsenalmemories

Yeah I remember when Arsenal were good that one time.

Still, they play the best football* in the league.

*Football defined as the act of passing laterally at a slow tempo and never shooting and never letting the ball leave the floor. Most certainly not defined as the act of scoring goals and/or winning football matches.

Lo spero anch'io. Almeno non siamo contro uno squadrone.

I'm 98% sure we didn't say anything like that. Not sure about the 2%, though.
I was actually serious with that one.
KuGsj.gif

Undefeated since December, or something?
Yeah, last time we lost was at Roma.
:( sorry bro.
My body was kinda ready. I wasn't even that mad at all after the game, even though I wanted to drink more.

Slizz

Yeah I remember when Arsenal were good that one time.

Still, they play the best football* in the league.

*Football defined as the act of passing laterally at a slow tempo and never shooting and never letting the ball leave the floor. Most certainly not defined as the act of scoring goals, playing defense and/or winning football matches.

Helped you out a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom