• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

The first part, no, the second part, is pushing it. If Liverpool have a good summer, bringing in 3 or so great players, they'll be in very good shape.

Yup, Liverpool are playing amazing more than half of their matches, scoring loads. The team deserves to finish 4th!

Next season could be very promising as long Suarez stays (big thing that).

Fintan

Yup, Liverpool are playing amazing more than half of their matches, scoring loads. The team deserves to finish 4th!

Right now, what do you think are the chances of him staying?

Fry

Right now, what do you think are the chances of him staying?

Right now, good. I genuinely think he loves the club.

But comes summer and Liverpool aren't in the CL and Bayern comes knocking in? I won't have very big hopes of him staying. And I'd prefer he stayed there and Bayern just signed Rooney.

Nyx

But they just pass the ball to Suarez and then watch him go solo?

Fry

But they just pass the ball to Suarez and then watch him go solo?

Not really. Sturridge has been big since arriving. Coutinho, Sterling all helpful attacking players.

Even Downing has been solid. Suarez didn't win Liverpool points as much RvP or Bale did for their teams.

LegoArmo

I really like Coutinho. Looking at the fixtures, Liverpool could win 7-8 of their last 9 games, but this is Liverpool, and consistency isn't something they've mastered yet.

Liverpool would need to win 9 games straight to stand any chance. What are they, 7 points behind Chelsea who have 10 to play?

So 9 wins, 27 points. All Chelsea need is 20 points from 30.

It's all very tight but when you look at it, it's going to take one hell of a task for Liverpool to get 4th (would be the most incredible finish to a season from a team ever) and similar for Arsenal if they were to overtake us. We have 27 points left to play, Arsenal have 30, 7 points behind us. We need 24 points to guarantee CL but that would only be if Arsenal went perfect 10 wins.

bud

there has to be a wilde version of this:

hZKWagI.jpg

jtb

Banned
remember when gervinho played as a false nine and looked good for one game then was unfathomably terrible

also remember when diaby murdered liverpool, invited scores of yaya comparisons then vanished for the rest of the season

#arsenalmemories

good times; especially crushing liverpool.

dat Steve Bould effect. :(

r u lightning's alt

:lol he's seriously not that bad when he's playing in his natural position; average winger, decent pace/dribbling, pretty terrible decision making, etc. it's only when Wenger plays him as a striker does it become all too obvious that he is not the second coming of Henry.

Meier

There are reports that Cazorla, Walcott and Mertesacker are all going to be on the bench for the Bayern game. Wtf reserve team playing.

Honestly this makes more sense for Arsenal. They have no chance to go through and are better served at resting their stars to hopefully qualify for the next UCL. They simply are not set up to not make that revenue.. losing out on the UCL would be disastrous for them.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The first 15 minutes of Tomb Raider is better than all the Uncharteds combined.

But you just KNOW they're going to ruin it with supernatural crap.

The first 15 minutes of Tomb Raider is better than all the Uncharteds combined.

But you just KNOW they're going to ruin it with supernatural crap.
Overall experience of Uncharted 2 was brilliant, but the 'gamey' elements in Tomb Raider are handled a lot better.

Meier

Just reading about the Sounders winning over Tigres to get into the Semis of the CONCACAF Champions League. Awesome! The Dynamo and Santos Laguna play tonight -- winner will play the Sounders.

This was apparently the first time a US team had beaten a Mexican team since the traditional two-leg format was adopted. Houston can be the second tonight.

Clegg

Got a feeling Chelsea will win the league next year.

Oli Kay is desperately hanging on to his QDL story. Not looking good.

He's saying that he hasn't sourced his story from that French spoof article.

I can't see this Qatari dream league actually working out though. It would burn out the players and completely screw up the fixture list for other competitions too.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Just reading about the Sounders winning over Tigres to get into the Semis of the CONCACAF Champions League. Awesome! The Dynamo and Santos Laguna play tonight -- winner will play the Sounders.

This was apparently the first time a US team had beaten a Mexican team since the traditional two-leg format was adopted. Houston can be the second tonight.

Great win but the Sounders were awful during the first half. The red card changed everything.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I think Tottenham will be in a direct fight for the title in 13-14, IF -

You know what if.

ig472K2TJGsIx.gif

I think if we keep him, Sandro comes back the same, and we sign a decent striker, we can certainly go up another level. We've really improved as the season has gone on.

I can't see this Qatari dream league actually working out though. It would burn out the players and completely screw up the fixture list for other competitions too.
He's saying that but it would be a remarkable coincidence if they made it up and somehow happened to eerily close to the truth.

Dunno, Oli Kay is a good journo from what I can tell but I reckon he's ballsed up here - or his "source" has anyway.

Fry

ig472K2TJGsIx.gif

I think if we keep him, Sandro comes back the same, and we sign a decent striker, we can certainly go up another level. We've really improved as the season has gone on.

I hope he stays for the sake of the league. Where would he go to, in case he left:

Barca ? It would be overkill to have Bale and Messi in the same team. Pls no.

Madrid ? Spurs will extort Madrid if they are to take another superstar from them. I don't know if Madrid will spend 60m on him.

Bayern -
yes please

jtb

Banned
I think Spurs have a great shot at the title regardless if Bale leaves or not. If Bale leaves, then that's just more money to spend strengthening the team in other areas. I know it makes it easy for the pundits when there's one player who is a "match-winner" but I've always thought that's pretty much bullshit. Team game, eleven players, etc.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I hope he stays for the sake of the league. Where would he go to, in case he left:

Barca ? It would be overkill to have Bale and Messi in the same team. Pls no.

Madrid ? Spurs will extort Madrid if they are to take another superstar from them. I don't know if Madrid will spend 60m on him.

Bayern -
yes please

I think he'll go to Madrid in 2 years time, assuming we finish 4th this season, he'll be 25 and he will be entering his prime. They suit his game more and I think he wants to play for them. I don't think Ronaldo would let him take any free kicks, though.

They probably shouldn't have used the picture that the spoof article made themselves. That doesn't make the "100% not the source" claim look good, even if it was someone else's mistake.

Eurosport France ripped them to pieces: "Everything in this article screams: 'This is fantasy", Vittek said. "It seems like The Times totally misinterpreted it and then tried to claim those fake news were theirs. Terrible. The details we read from English websites match the ones in Cahiers du Football."

Meier

City brass will be more likely to get the transfers sorted quicker this summer. I think that will be pretty key for next season. In the current climate, I can't really envision a team other than City or United winning it for the next few years.

City or United next year

Think City will do it. They could do with a DM and a winger who actually plays on the wings.
If City make as many changes as people are saying they will I could see them struggling a little. If they sell as many as 6/7 players and sign that many news ones and also change the manager...it'll be a very different team.

They probably shouldn't have used the picture that the spoof article made themselves. That doesn't make the "100% not the source" claim look good, even if it was someone else's mistake.
He's saying that logo appeared on e-mails from his source :lol

Fry

City brass will be more likely to get the transfers sorted quicker this summer. I think that will be pretty key for next season. In the current climate, I can't really envision a team other than City or United winning it for the next few years.

Do you have faith in the Gomez to City rumours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom