• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

Homeland > Mad Men

5aHcC.gif

By the way on the 30/01/13 before Norwich away, I said:

ibmmJr7jyarBAy.gif

Only just seen this, shame he didn't do anything else of note.

Norwich away last season was the game where Bale absolutely destroyed them playing in a more central position.

He needs a goal tonight I feel, we need to get him scoring more regularly in the league if our strikers* continue to struggle.

*strikers = anyone we can find to stick up front.

Fintan

Terry destroyed a man's career that night. It was well deserved. Sanchez has never been the same since.

I thought it was so funny when they cut to Geoff Shreeves and he reported that Terry had said that he accidentally bumped into Sanchez. Gary Neville was like "Mmmm, I think John's going to need to think about that again..."

It was all a conspiracy to get Barcelona through and it didn't work. They didn't count on the fact that Bosingwa is a world class centre back.

arkon

I thought it was so funny when they cut to Geoff Shreeves and he reported that Terry had said that he accidentally bumped into Sanchez. Gary Neville was like "Mmmm, I think John's going to need to think about that again..."

It was all a conspiracy to get Barcelona through and it didn't work. They didn't count on the fact that Bosingwa is a world class centre back.

My one regret is that I missed all this on the GAF. Damn. I almost want to go back and relive it.

Fry

Wooden, do you watch Shameless? I think you'd love the show. It's filled with dirty, filth and crazy stuff. It says 'Wooden' in the face of it.

I went there. But all three are pretty great.

I'll never understand the unconditional love for Mad Men and GAF's hatred for Homeland S2.

I dropped Mad Men in the end of S1. I was kind of liking it up until that point, yes. But I just realized the story wasn't going anywhere and it was filled with uninteresting characters and their situations. I just said 'fuck it', I could be watching any other show or not wasting my time with this'.

Arnie

Without CL you get passable players that the top clubs don't want, nothing more than that.
Without Champions League we got a player that most top clubs would want.

With Champions League Arsenal built a squad of hopeless nobodies. Do you need Champions League to attract the likes of Mertesacker, or Giroud?

Linius

We obviously can't agree on TV shows in this thread. So let's agree on something else.

Yo La Tengo is pure sex for the ears.

Wooden, do you watch Shameless? I think you'd love the show. It's filled with dirty, filth and crazy stuff. It says 'Wooden' in the face of it.

Nah never seen a minute of it, might check it out one day when I'm bored. I would love a californiacation that was actually good.

jtb

Banned

With Champions League Arsenal built a squad of hopeless nobodies. Do you need Champions League to attract the likes of Mertesacker, or Giroud?

Throwing stones in glass houses, much? Were top clubs tripping over themselves to pay over the odds for Carroll, Downing, Henderson, and Adam? 1/5 is pretty terrible odds.

Just because the Arsenal board has been woefully incompetent in taking advantage of the fact we're in the Champions League doesn't mean it's not a big factor in where top players want to go. Obviously Arsene's model has never been to buy big players, so using Arsenal as evidence of the fact that no one cares about the CL is ridiculous.

Throwing stones in glass houses, much? Were top clubs tripping over themselves to pay over the odds for Carroll, Downing, Henderson, and Adam? 1/5 is pretty terrible odds.

Just because the Arsenal board has been woefully incompetent in taking advantage of the fact we're in the Champions League doesn't mean it's not a big factor in where top players want to go.

The point is, you can get known Champions League qualiy players without being in the Champion's League

Arnie

Just because the Arsenal board has been woefully incompetent in taking advantage of the fact we're in the Champions League doesn't mean it's not a big factor in where top players want to go.
And just because all clubs buy shit doesn't mean you can't get top players outside of the Champions League, which was the initial point.

Fry

Getting top players that have that status established all over Europe is different of getting players that are considered good and turn into great (Suarez's case).

jtb

Banned
And just because all clubs buy shit doesn't mean you can't get top players outside of the Champions League, which was the initial point.

Fair enough. But when you're out of the CL, you have to sift through a lot more shit in order to find those rare gems.

Lightning

Banned

Thats our recruiting policy that's the issue and at the time you got Suarez he wasn't the player he is now, had a biting incident that season at Ajax if I recall which put a lot of clubs off him. It worked out well for Liverpool with Suarez but it was a gamble that paid off.

You can get a decent squad without CL but you will always be a million miles off a squad capable of challenging for the best honours without being in the CL.

You can always buy a player who is not good enough for those squads and develop them into being good enough but it's hard to buy one who's already good enough without the need for paitence with them first.

dc89

It's BACK!

KqseEB4.png

I'm gonna do what I did last time. Real Madrid to win before kick off. United draw or win double chance in play. Or I guess you could do either team to qualify.

Bet365.

Wilbur

Banned
I always feel like betting again but I never win anything. Then I see WJD making fuckloads in one day and I think WHY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom