• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

rar

I'm not having a go at you here but I thought Arsenal were rubbish for most of the game.

what do you expect with a midfield of ramsey, rosicky, and arteta? none of them should be starting for us

i think most are referring to our defense, which actually looked relatively organized for once

Arnie, Pulga. When I carry on reading shortly will I react like this anytime soon?

iuEgKJxo92vos.gif

You're already an annoying cunt

:p

Into

There are no "restrictions" regarding the draw for friday right? As in theory 2 spanish teams could face one another? Or Dortmund and Bayern could face one another?

I know there are restrictions when the teams get out of the group with the idea that they cannot face the same teams from their group and teams from their own country.

But they were soooo brave!!!

Why do people hate Barca again? Compare this game to yesterday's...and still tell me why.

This every damn time something is going their way

iblR834g7wcRFr.gif

ibqVGQlKa7kso9.gif

+Their soccermoms, kids and casual fans educating everyone about their "right way" to play football.

I never really hated Barca much until I saw them play twice against Copenhagen, first match had Pinto simulating the sound of a ref whistle causing our forward to stop running with the ball when he was through. The second had Alves kicking our left back on the knee while down and Valdes doing this karate kick in the face and somehow getting away without even a card :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=056q2UeaV_s

Gambit

Yeah I couldnt believe it. This had the makings of Chelsea 2. Heynckes fucking up, Robben playing like shit. That's why I'm proud and relieved that they pulled their shit together.
Bayern are their own worst enemy, Mandzukic usually sucks in the CL and instead of building up Gomez / Pizarro they completely destroyed their confidence with the Lewandowski talk.

agreed. Mandzukic is good for pressing, but that's it. He has not shown it in the CL yet.

I also really don't get why he took Kroos off. Kroos clearly was the one somewhat fulfilling the Schweini role. He went back further and further.

Anyway, shitty finishing made this game needlessly exciting. Just glad it's over.

Moobabe

This every damn time something is going their way

iblR834g7wcRFr.gif

ibqVGQlKa7kso9.gif

+Their soccermoms, kids and casual fans educating everyone about their "right way" to play football.

I never really hated Barca much until I saw them play twice against Copenhagen, first match had Pinto simulating the sound of a ref whistle causing our forward to stop running with the ball when he was through. The second had Alves kicking our left back on the knee while down and Valdes doing this karate kick in the face and somehow getting away without even a card :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=056q2UeaV_s

Oh wow - that's a horrendous challenge on the lad...

Hindle

Banned
Either Madrid or Barca will win La Liga next season. The PL on the other hand is getting harder to call. So I'd still say PL - best Leauge IMO.

Carbonox

"awwwwwwwwwww well done arsenal"

"awwwwww we won"

"awwwwwwwwwww so proud"

Still went out you cunts.

Football: Delivering on awesome since forever. If I were the Bayern players I would have stayed laying on the ball and pretended to have passed out. See if the Arsenal players can find where the ball is. Or a huge Bayern bundle.

Dibbz

Fuck me. Proud of Arsenal. They should have won. Fuck Souness for saying they were nothing special. Win 2-0 at Allianz and he comes up with shit like that. Shove it up your ass son.

Clegg

Did Arsenal deserve to win?

I think Bayern were the better side on the night but were absolutely awful at finishing their chances.

Arsenal were pretty poor for most of the game but their defence was solid and they took their goals well. But at times they couldn't string two passes together. Rosicky and Ramsey were awful and Giroud kept making the wrong decisions and ruining good attacking opportunities.

Chrono

Banned
Eh, Arsenal were average. Lucky them Bayern were even worse. It's good they lost because there's no way they can beat Real Madrid or Barcelona, they need to focus on qualifying for the CL.

Blablurn

Fuck me. Proud of Arsenal. They should have won. Fuck Souness for saying they were nothing special. Win 2-0 at Allianz and he comes up with shit like that. Shove it up your ass son.
Even Chelsea won in Munich. Come on son. It's not that's big of an achievement.

You did win. If we have to go down the DESERVE ROAD, no, you never deserved to go through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom