• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gambit

The best thing we did tonight was remove the aura around Bayern. Best team in the world my ass but they deserved to go through.

That's something I'm actually grateful for. I don't want Bayern to be favourites. As shown again tonight, it doesn't work well for them. The players start believing it as well and don't bring their A-game.

FuturusX

I tell you who deserves to go through. The team that actually goes through.

This is not the moral victory cup. City won that already.

dc89

Wait, wait, wait.

Santa Cruz fires Malaga into the last 8 of the Champions League whilst City pay his wages?

#BasedMarwood

Three spanish teams in the next round?

Tell me more about how La Liga isn't the best league.

You can't gloat, because if La Liga teams were shit and Serie A teams were GOAT, you would gloat for Serie A. You don't belong to one team.

Still, PL needs to step it up. We're dog shit.

jtb

Banned
Giroud and Gervinho could've scored, didn't. RVP could've scored against Milan, didn't. Bendtner (!!! of all fucking people) could've scored against Barcelona, didn't. Same old story.

If we deserved to go through, we would've gone through. Part of me suspects Wenger didn't even want to go through and just wanted to "restore pride" when he took off Walcott. 2 goals down, and you take off your top scorer. What the fuck.

Just saw rumours that Spalletti will get shitcanned if we don't advance past Basel tomorrow. The best part? Based Gazprom wants to get Mancini as a replacement in the summer.

Brilliant. Fail in Europe>>>Get Mancini.

Just saw rumours that Spalletti will get shitcanned if we don't advance past Basel tomorrow. The best part? Based Gazprom wants to get Mancini as a replacement in the summer.

Brilliant. Fail in Europe>>>Get Mancini.

Ouch

Would anyone vehemently disagree if I said that I'd rather have Rodgers than Mancini?

Peco

Juve - Gala

Match Fixing Madness

4OEN3.gif

Dibbz

Giroud and Gervinho could've scored, didn't. RVP could've scored against Milan, didn't. Bendtner (!!! of all fucking people) could've scored against Barcelona, didn't. Same old story.

If we deserved to go through, we would've gone through. Part of me suspects Wenger didn't even want to go through and just wanted to "restore pride" when he took off Walcott. 2 goals down, and you take off your top scorer. What the fuck.

Walcott was shite mate. Ox should have started.

Yeah he got an assists herp derp but his general play was garbage. Been that way since the day he signed, fucking twat.

Ouch

Would anyone vehemently disagree if I said that I'd rather have Rodgers than Mancini?
Yes.

Well not vehemently, but Mancini is still a manager who has won multiple honours. He's had money and other things have gone his way, for sure - but he's still won stuff.

Performing at the top level of the game is the hardest thing to do.

Maybe Rodgers would have done the same, don't know.

Mancini isn't a brilliant manager but he isn't awful either. Don't think a crap manager would manage to win the amount he has.

Wilbur

Banned
Just seen the result. Tough luck Arsenal.

On the subject of best players, I'd argue Ronaldo and Messi are head to head right now in terms of sheer effectiveness and impressiveness.

Third hasn't been Iniesta, not last season. Would have had Pirlo, Marchisio, Vidal, Chiellini, Barzagli, Buffon, Ozil, Busquets, Van Persie all ahead of him, off the top of my head.

Timurid

On the subject of best players, I'd argue Ronaldo and Messi are head to head right now in terms of sheer effectiveness and impressiveness.

Third hasn't been Iniesta, not last season. Would have had Pirlo, Marchisio, Vidal, Chiellini, Barzagli, Buffon, Ozil, Busquets, Van Persie all ahead of him, off the top of my head.
Your juve love is blinding you.

Yes.

Well not vehemently, but Mancini is still a manager who has won multiple honours. He's had money and other things have gone his way, for sure - but he's still won stuff.

Performing at the top level of the game is the hardest thing to do.

Maybe Rodgers would have done the same, don't know.

Mancini isn't a brilliant manager but he isn't awful either. Don't think a crap manager would manage to win the amount he has.

I think he's average, and will be for his entire career, whereas Rodgers is average but could prove to be a very good manager in time. Could go the other way of course, but that's the risk you take with unproven managers.

Winning stuff when its all given to you means nothing to me. Like comparing a shit player who wins the league because of the players ahead of him to Gerrard

jtb

Banned
Walcott was shite mate. Ox should have started.

Yeah he got an assists herp derp but his general play was garbage. Been that way since the day he signed, fucking twat.

Walcott wasn't great, but he was still better than Giroud and Rosicky, who were both awful. At least Walcott gives you another goal threat, since we all know Gervinho cannot finish to save his fucking life. Giroud and Walcott up top, Ox on the right, Jenkinson on the overlap. That's more of a threat than what we got.

Great effort, certainly didn't expect that when I woke up. just think that when you're that close... what might have been.

Half of Juve and fucking Biscuits? Have you been hanging out with Andres or something? Get your stomach pumped, you have alcohol poisoning.

I think he's average, and will be for his entire career, whereas Rodgers is average but could prove to be a very good manager in time. Could go the other way of course, but that's the risk you take with unproven managers.

Winning stuff when its all given to you means nothing to me. Like comparing a shit player who wins the league because of the players ahead of him to Gerrard
Easy to say.

Alot of managers manage super rich teams and fail to win things.

Mancini has obv had a lot of help, cannot be denied. But it's not fair to say he's been given the title and FA Cup at City. He took that team on to another level from where it was before. Okay, he signed some wonderful players...but he made City into a good team last year and they were worthy title winners.

Clegg

Uniteds midfield is a fucking gigantic glass house, why even bother throwing stones?
Our midfield hasn't been that bad this season tbh. It's been decent since November.

I think it's functioned much better than Arsenal's and most of the other teams in the league.

spidye

congrats to arsenal fans
deserved it more than us

and let me say it for the last time.

heynckes is the worst shit ever. if I take a dump and put him on the bench we would have played much better.
how can someone be so dumb

and fuck robben. go eat shit and die

I hope you rot in hell you stupid piece of shit. go suck a fuck.

fuenf

congrats to arsenal fans
deserved it more than us

and let me say it for the last time.

heynckes is the worst shit ever. if I take a dump and put him on the bench we would have played much better.
how can someone be so dumb

and fuck robben. go eat shit and die

I hope you rot in hell you stupid piece of shit. go suck a fuck.

rofl :D

Our midfield hasn't been that bad this season tbh. It's been decent since November.

I think it's functioned much better than Arsenal's and most of the other teams in the league.

That's about right. Carrick wasn't performing well until october, and he's been great since then.

vall03

I... uh... wtf?! Just woke up and saw that Arsenal beat Bayern? How in the world did this happen? Please tell me Arsenal was still awful for the most part and missing chances, because I really cant picture them dominating Bayern.

Anyway, hope this motivates the team more for the League and for the Top 4 finish. Dammit Wenger! Is Top 4 the only thing we will be wishing for every season?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom