• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bitter would be me coming in listing chances from a game a week ago. Oh wait that's what United fans are doing right now.

No doubt.

RVP-Celebration-v-West-Ham-2-2.gif

I've got no issue. I'm content with the performance providing me kick on for our remaining pl games.

I certainly enjoyed united getting screwed last week and what goes around comes around so all good for me.
Hey man I was willing Arsenal to get through by the end.

Still won't stop me from enjoying a bit of schadenfreude, dumb fuck that I am.

Clegg

There's a question as to whether Arsenal are capable of building on this performance.

It's their biggest problem imo. They put on a huge display and then fail to back it up in their subsequent games. Happened against City and Milan last season.

There's a question as to whether Arsenal are capable of building on this performance.

It's their biggest problem imo. They put on a huge display and then fail to back it up in their subsequent games. Happened against City and Milan last season.
I don't even think they played well.

United gaf, why don't you guys start Rooney in the midfield besides carrick?
He can't play that role. His touch is too inconsistent and he doesn't have the discipline in his passing IMO. He has a really good passing range but I don't think he can make 90/100 passes in a match if that makes sense.

Lightning

Banned
Hey man I was willing Arsenal to get through by the end.

Still won't stop me from enjoying a bit of schadenfreude, dumb fuck that I am.
To be honest man in relieved. This could have gone so horribly wrong for us today. After the spurs game, first leg, we could have gotten a right hiding today which would be been disastrous for our confidence and moral ahead of our remaining games.

If that performance doesn't install some belief that we can make CL next season and that we'll miss out on should we fail then I don't know what will. For me it's not the money, I enjoy the fuck out of the CL competition and want us in it.

We win 2-0 away to Bayern and still only see the bad things. There was a lot of fight and determination from arsenal today. Quality was lacking but our squad is lacking quality. Bayern are a better team than us.

Clegg

They were pretty poor imo. They still won but weren't impressive in doing it. They could still kick on from this and have a strong finish to the season. But I'd be worried that Arsenal still played so poorly in what was the biggest game of the season for them.

Still a good result though.

jtb

Banned

That's a good point, though we did put in a good run of form after beating Spurs last season (which included the meaningless win over Milan). Been totally inconsistent this season though. Really do think the fixture congestion will be killer for Chelsea though; players like Mata look exhausted already and there's still quite a few left to go. And Torres is still shit.

FuturusX

Here's thing...

I had a chance to visit Emirates a while back. My family are all Arsenal fans. I decided it was time. I was on a trip home and my brother an I visited this sparkling spectacle to football.

Something struck me then, imagine you knew nothing about football...and your only frame of reference was the relative quality of the stadiums between clubs. You'd guess that Arsenal were a real force in Football.

Not a club with almost a decade worth of trophy-less football.

Arsenal are asleep and only a revolution can wake them up. This talk of pushing for CL football is directly proportional to the level of ambition.

Arsenal can best be described as a wealthy aging gentleman wondering the barren halls of his outwardly opulent Mansion.

To be honest man in relieved. This could have gone so horribly wrong for us today. After the spurs game, first leg, we could have gotten a right hiding today which would be been disastrous for our confidence and moral ahead of our remaining games.

If that performance doesn't install some belief that we can make CL next season and that we'll miss out on should we fail then I don't know what will. For me it's not the money, I enjoy the fuck out of the CL competition and want us in it.
That's true, it should be good for the confidence.

I did expect Bayern to hammer you guys today and maybe the players were wary too so winning 2-0 must be good for the morale.

You guys do have a far more generous fixture list than Spurs so there is still a chance. And Chelsea's fixture pile is up is getting crazy. They're playing 4 games within 8/9 days at the start of April I think...bound to take its toll.

I think both of them will hang on myself but it would be nice if you nipped in ahead of Chelsea.

Damn. Wish arsenal got the 3rd goal.

I'd be raking it in.

How much did you put on it? I was tempted to put a quid on, but I'm tryng to stay away from those little bets, cos I get tempted to make about 5 a week which adds up to the £150 loss I've taken over the last 6 months :(

Gonna start doing the accumulators this weekend. £2 a week, £1 on an acca and the other on a Goals Galore. Should be alright

Wilbur

Banned
Also all this la Liga is the best thing needs to stop.

Just because they have the two best teams doesn't mean it's the best league. It just means there's a colossal distortion at the top.

Well done to Malaga, but they happened to get the best team in Portugal and not the best team in Germany like Arsenal, or one of the two best teams in the world like United.

It's all just pointless conjecture without context. For all round equality and competitiveness, EPL, Eredivisie, Serie A, Bundesliga and Russian League all trump La Liga.

How much did you put on it? I was tempted to put a quid on, but I'm tryng to stay away from those little bets, cos I get tempted to make about 5 a week which adds up to the £150 loss I've taken over the last 6 months :(

Gonna start doing the accumulators this weekend. £2 a week, £1 on an acca and the other on a Goals Galore. Should be alright

What do you fancy this weekend? I have my eye on Over 2.5 in Liverpool game, and BTTS in the Villa/QPR tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom