• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suen

But he proved that we needed him last night

Barcelona%20v%20AC%20Milan%20-%20UEFA%20Champions%20League%20Round%20of%2016-1759657.jpg
Give us back Fabregas, he's of better use in Arsenal :(

Also I need a new user name, only took this as a temp. No idea what new user name to choose though let alone whom I should write to to request the change.

Suen

Damn you!

Might I suggest Real Arse FC
That's not such a bad suggestion, I'll put it on a list. Come on Footy-GAF, more names! From names that involves team I support to teams that my teams have biggest rivalry, or any footy/non-footy related thing!

faridmon

Congrats Malaga, they have been amazing this season and the amount of improvement they have done over the last year is staggering. I hope they don't come against Barca, since they will get demolished, but I hope they get a team that they have chance to beat. They could sneak in into the last 4, these lot. Isco, Santa Cruz, Joaquin... they have talent (and lot of them are rejects) Good for them.

Good for you Arsenal. You went all out. I won't say tough luck because you should have played this good in the first leg, but good use this as a stepping stone
to give us CL place, please

Bayern, You are a disgrace. At least Schalke know how to lose with some style.

Messi

Looking good! Name on the back?

Also, heard Psych is cool. Anyone watching that?

Nope, I decided against getting names on kits other than barca from now on.

Edit: I watched the first few eps of Psych. The formulaic episodes bothered me too much. Its kinda like house or csi

3Sixty

How much did you put on it? I was tempted to put a quid on, but I'm tryng to stay away from those little bets, cos I get tempted to make about 5 a week which adds up to the £150 loss I've taken over the last 6 months :(

Gonna start doing the accumulators this weekend. £2 a week, £1 on an acca and the other on a Goals Galore. Should be alright

Only a 5er, winnings from my horse.

Suen

Let's be honest for once, Arsenal didn't really impress much this leg. They could have (and should have) conceded several goals and their offense didn't do much this match. They scored when they had the chance and were lucky Robben sucks, that's it. A decent performance, a good result, but I don't think they were much better than in the first leg.

Edit:
Of course the referee helped us a bit.
I'm proud and happy that we scored two goals and went out with our heads held up high, despite lacking some players. Who knows, the addition of Wilshere (and a different line-up or a much earlier substitution) might have given us a win but honestly, most of the time today we played like shit. We didn't really do crap after the first goal. Of course we had to defend more because Bayern stepped up the game but it's no excuse due to the lack of attack. Giroud was horrible, Rololsicky was below average and so was Ramsey. Our midfield barely existed. I'm more impressed with our defense as this is the part I tend to be most disappointed at when it comes to the team, they were quite organized today, a surprise if anything.

So yep, proud that we scored two goals but we played shit in both games, can't say we deserve to go through because we don't (but I wish we did!). Congrats Bayern-GAF

G-Unit

Also all this la Liga is the best thing needs to stop.

Just because they have the two best teams doesn't mean it's the best league. It just means there's a colossal distortion at the top.

Well done to Malaga, but they happened to get the best team in Portugal and not the best team in Germany like Arsenal, or one of the two best teams in the world like United.

It's all just pointless conjecture without context. For all round equality and competitiveness, EPL, Eredivisie, Serie A, Bundesliga and Russian League all trump La Liga.

this counter arguments is weak as hell. Best teams, best league

Wilbur

Banned
that's the joke, it is not only 2 teams, but you keep believing that :D

I didn't say its only two teams. Barcelona, Real, Atletico, Malaga and Valencia are the good teams. I would fancy the Premier League's top six against all of those but the first two when both at their best.

Of course you'll now point to Atletico 4-1 Chelsea. But when both of them play as well as they can, which is really what you should be judging these fucking stupid hypothetical arguments on, Chelsea would probably win.

Barcelona and Real Madrid are far above every team in the league, which means there's no competition. You don't seem to be the type that gives a shit about the league outside that rivalry, so I can't see you wanting to talk about the relegation battle like us with the PL do. Which is a far more even league. As is Serie A.

You're missing the point completely.

Lightning

Banned
EPL have a healthy league(well sort of... you know, black money) but they are far far from best league. International results says a lot about the league
But the popularity says a lot about the health of the league. CL results says we don't have the best teams, nothing more than that.

Wilbur

Banned
How many Premier League teams are left in the Champions League?

Why can no one understand fucking context, Jesus Christ

Stupid fucking argument. Stupid argument. The same people would just say the premier league wasn't the best even when we kept making finals.

It's like saying the French League is better than the Premier League because PSG are in te quarters. It's a fucking stupid argument based on no context and uses surface level evidence.

Messi

So this is okay?

hBYQpS8.png

I will love you forever if you give him an olivia avatar.

Sexual favours promised. Wilbury style.

Why can no one understand fucking context, Jesus Christ

Stupid fucking argument. Stupid argument. The same people would just say the premier league wasn't the best even when we kept making finals.

It's like saying the French League is better than the Premier League because PSG are in te quarters. It's a fucking stupid argument based on no context and uses surface level evidence.

Chill dude, I was just piling on. I don't care for this arguement either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom