• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suen

Who cares about this crap lol.

It's as boring as Ronaldo vs Messi and Suarez racist talk.

Though what Frank the Great says is true, when EPL was getting 3 teams into the semi's you wouldn't hear the end of it. That was annoying as fuck lol.
Tell us how you really feel about Ronaldo.

I agree with Wilbury, La Liga can't be taken seriously until we have a better tv deal, get all the teams to be fair financially, better anti-doping measures (that goes for all sports in Spain) and other things. Can't tell if it's better or worse than others though, as I don't watch foreign football at all. I can say that Bundesliga makes me very jealous because of ticket prices, full and always cheering stadiums, and orgaization in general.

I seriously doubt that West Brom > Rayo though, that is a f**ng awesome team. Oh and also refs are not that bad(not worse than any other countries', at least), it's the comitee that is retarded.

Still, I have the feeling that below all those stupid people we have on top of most of the teams and organizations in football here, La Liga is absolutely awesome because there's still a load of talent in players and staff in the clubs, probably the biggest amount in the world.

FuturusX

Why the fuck does anyone care what pundits on television think

Why would you even use that as an argument

Why would anyone ever give a fuck what fucking Andy Townsend thinks

Why would different competitions dictate what league is better

2 English teams in the EL > better than La Liga because they only have 1 or some shit

That's not how it works

You judge on the actual fucking LEAGUE

CHRIST

I HATE SHIT

God this fucking argument

Well in fairness to Andy Townsend his assessment is just as good as anybody if your standard rests at "What's your opinion?"

But using some measurable metric is the way to go. Results are what matter right?

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/country/index.html

The current UEFA member associations rankings has Spain ahead of England.

Wilbur

Banned
Though what Frank the Great says is true, when EPL was getting 3 teams into the semi's you wouldn't hear the end of it. That was annoying as fuck lol.

From who though? English media and commentators? Who gives a fuck what they think? When have they ever proven to be the voices of reason and correctness?

It's always been the common fan who knows more about football than the media. Always. That's why you'll see people in this thread say Busquets is amazing while the wider world thinks he's still just a diver. Why you'll see people in this thread who know the true level of teams like Chelsea and Arsenal right now as opposed to the shit English media peddle

I'd be fucking annoyed at myself if I used the Champions League as a barometer for league strength. Saying there's three teams in the QFs so La Liga is by default the best is as blind an argument as saying Chelsea won last year so PL is by default the best. It completely ignores all context

G-Unit

I'm using that shit false equivalency league to judge both teams on their top form against each other. Chelsea playing as well as they possibly can are better than Malaga playing as well as they possibly can. Arsenal playing as well as they possibly can are certainly better than Sociedad playing as well as they possibly can.

WTF is this shit. So I heard you like hypothesis. So I put an hypothesis inside your hypothesis so i can try to prove an hypothesis arguments?

How weak is that?

Arsenal is a LOL team with good skills but PoS strength of mind and it's been what? 10 years since last time they were a top team. Current Real Sociedad would beat them in a close match.

jtb

Banned
the reports of the Premier League's death have been greatly exaggerated, imo. English finalists in 09, 11. Winner in 08, 12. No matter when you really decide to cut it off, English teams have had a pretty good decade in the CL. Last year was supposed to be the off year, and Chelsea still won it. So meh.

FuturusX

the reports of the Premier League's death have been greatly exaggerated, imo. English finalists in 09, 11. Winner in 08, 12. No matter when you really decide to cut it off, English teams have had a pretty good decade in the CL. Last year was supposed to be the off year, and Chelsea still won it. So meh.

But..but..yeah you're probably right. But it would be fun it the EPL lost is luster and become Serie A.

Fox is losing the epl rights :( fuck dtv

WTF dude, how can you know this. But w.e lets follow this game.. This is how I see it

1. Barca >>> Man Utd
2. Real Madrid >>> Man City
3. Atletico Madrid > Tottenham (not hard)
4. Chelsea < Malaga
5. Arsenal < Sociedad
6. Liverpool < Betis (hard one)
7. Valencia > Everton
8. West Brom > Rayo
9. Swansea >> Getafe
10. Levante > Fulham
11. Stoke = Valladolid
12. Sevilla >> West Ham
13. Newcastle = Espanyol
14. Bilbao >> Norwich
15. Osasuna > Sunderland
16. Southampton = Granada
17. Zaragoza > Villa
18. Wigan = Mallorca
19. Celta = Reading
20. QPR = Deportivo

Funny, Thats what Fox Sport LatinA does, just the other way around

Suen

Going out to Bayern and Real Madrid is nothing to be ashamed of. Chelsea and City though... damn.
image.php

choodi

Banned
You know what I find funny about this whole idea that Spain is the best League in the world bullshit?

If you gave the top two teams in the EPL, Serie A or Bundesliga 50% of all revenues, then Barca and Madrid would not even be talked about in the same sentence. They simply wouldn't be able to compete and wouldn't even be in the top 5 teams in the world.

The fact that teams from the other leagues are able to be competitive with Barca and Madrid in the Champions League while they have such an unfair advantage completely negates any arguments about Spain having the best league in the world.

If Barca and Madrid lose their sheen, the Primera Liga loses its attractiveness to the top talent.

jtb

Banned
And just so people don't think it's because I'm English, Serie A and the Bundesliga are better than La Liga as well.

I dunno, I love leagues where all but the top two teams are perpetually on the brink of administration. It really raises the stakes.

You know what I find funny about this whole idea that Spain is the best League in the world bullshit?

If you gave the top two teams in the EPL, Serie A or Bundesliga 50% of all revenues, then Barca and Madrid would not even be talked about in the same sentence. They simply wouldn't be able to compete and wouldn't even be in the top 5 teams in the world.

The fact that teams from the other leagues are able to be competitive with Barca and Madrid in the Champions League while they have such an unfair advantage completely negates any arguments about Spain having the best league in the world.

If Barca and Madrid lose their sheen, the Primera Liga loses its attractiveness to the top talent.

exactly. and Barcelona still have huge amounts of debt. It's ridiculous.

Fintan

Going out to Bayern and Real Madrid is nothing to be ashamed of. Chelsea and City though... damn.

Chelsea got knocked out so they could go for the record of holding both European titles simultaneously for a week. I don't know what City were up to though.

G-Unit

Real Madrid was between the top rich clubs and a european powerhouse before the shitty tv split. That argument is not really good.

Wilbur

Banned
Now add europa league and tell me where are those 6-8 epl good teams

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UEFA_Cup_and_Europa_League_finals

Man Utd were knocked out by one of the two richest clubs in the world and a powerhouse in their own league. Arsenal were knocked out by the best league in the German league and the only powerhouse in that one. Spurs are still in it. Liverpool were knocked out by Russian football's powerhouse who are bankrolled immensely.

Chelsea and City flopped. Nothing wrong with that.

jtb

Banned
Yeah, I don't really find that comparison good either.

It's not just that Barcelona and Real Madrid get far more money than everyone else; it's that they get it at the expense of every other team in the league. It's unfair, it's incredibly dangerous financially, and there's no way to deny that it gives them a big advantage—both in Europe and in La Liga.

This is very accurate, I almost agree on it, my minor changes are:

Swiss League>Zenit > Ligue 1 > Ibra's Nose > All other Leagues > Liverpool. Sviatoslav can confirm this.

Sviatoslav, hope you guys win tomorrow!

Fixed. Thanks for the support but I think we'll come up just short tomorrow, Arsenal-style. Zenit is playing terrible all year and now our keeper is out and you can't even possibly imagine how terrible our backup is. Only some Kerzhamagic can save us now!

G-Unit

It's not just that Barcelona and Real Madrid get far more money than everyone else; it's that they get it at the expense of every other team in the league. It's unfair, it's incredibly dangerous financially, and there's no way to deny that it gives them a big advantage—both in Europe and in La Liga.

You really believe that don't you?

Timurid

Fixed. Thanks for the support but I think we'll come up just short tomorrow, Arsenal-style. Zenit is playing terrible all year and now our keeper is out and you can't even possibly imagine how terrible our backup is. Only some Kerzhamagic can save us now!

One question, Does the russian league have a cap of how many foreigners can play in a match?

I'm going to try zenit out in FM and i just wanted to know.

arkon

XM8a91w.jpg

Messi

This has been an amazingly productive week for me as a Barca fan and pusher of #DatJaw avatars.

Note: Do not bet against me. Unless of course I am betting money on football matches :(

Yeah but that's not what you said before, I pointed that you said that they wouldn't even be in the top 5. We can't know where they would be today without it, but I just told you where they were before :/

Also I think not having competition in their home league is gonna be bad for them in the long run, but that's another different story.

G-Unit

Go get me tv money links please

How many Spanish clubs pay their players on time?

Let me get this straight. Money comes from what? sponsorship and ads. What ads agency wants? viewers right? So you are telling me the all the teams in the league have the same number of viewers ergo they deserve the same kind of money? Not only that, All teams were free to sign their own contract, but since Madrid and Barca got early and better deals, other teams started to cry. So who really wants to live at the expense of the other?

And don't get me started on Chelsea and Manchester City.

Suen

Man this sounds exactly like Arsenal today, exactly how I felt about the team today but hey, we scored two goals, granted we played like shit (and so did Bayern to our luck) but still. It's football, anything is possible! Kerzhakov and Hulk will save you with Alves defending you to death! Ok I don't know about the Alves part but I hope Kerzhakov and Hulk can put a good performance tomorrow!

Wilbur

Banned
Let me get this straight. Money comes from what? sponsorship and ads. What ads agency wants? viewers right? So you are telling me the all the teams in the league have the same number of viewers ergo they deserve the same kind of money? Not only that, All teams were free to sign their own contract, but since Madrid and Barca got early and better deals, other teams started to cry. So who really wants to live at the expense of the other?

And don't get me started on Chelsea and Manchester City.

Chelsea and Manchester City have no power over the FA and PL like Barca and Madrid do over their national sports media and their FA and La Liga. Quite how you'd compare two teams lucking out with sugar daddies to your team's oppression of a country's football is beyond me.

Messi

Chelsea and Manchester City have no power over the FA and PL like Barca and Madrid do over their national sports media and their FA and La Liga. Quite how you'd compare two teams lucking out with sugar daddies to your team's oppression of a country's football is beyond me.

tumblr_lk640yCnwv1qe0w4yo1_400_large.jpg

G-Unit

now we have oppression? haha fuck this noise. How is it fare to EPL that 2 teams became "big" just because the new owners have infinite wallets?

Fry

Holy shit Bayern. I almost died when my friend texted me '2-0 Arsenal'. but 2 minutes later he said 'game over'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom