• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
The reason no one will ever tune into two shit non-Barca/Real Madrid teams is because those clubs have no fucking money. Funny how self-perpetuating that is.

Anyways, the spanish league should all be about fellating Madrid and Barcelona and making sure they win the CL rather than actually guaranteeing players get paid.

now we have oppression? haha fuck this noise. How is it fare to EPL that 2 teams became "big" just because the new owners have infinite wallets?

One is success at every other team in the league's financial expense, the other isn't.

Messi

See Messi, now that is what I call a good avatar change.

Awesome trailer is awesome

--

The Moby Dick studios topic on the gaming side is delivering gold. Kojima is a legend.

BFRKzGICMAAxYmd.jpg

The reason no one will ever tune into two shit non-Barca/Real Madrid teams is because those clubs have no fucking money. Funny how self-perpetuating that is.

Anyways, the spanish league should all be about fellating Madrid and Barcelona and making sure they win the CL rather than actually guaranteeing players get paid.

One is success at every other team in the league's financial expense, the other isn't.

I watch all the top 6 teams games.

G-Unit

Oh, I thought all teams should fight in the same terms. I guess I misread what made EPL so good and fair.

Wilbur

Banned
now we have oppression? haha fuck this noise. How is it fare to EPL that 2 teams became "big" just because the new owners have infinite wallets?

How is that the Premier League's fault? How is it their fault that Chelsea and City were picked?

As opposed to your team dictating along with one other the television money for the entire country, thus affecting all the other 18 clubs in the league. That's your club deciding that and dictating that. Fuck that. Fuck that fucking oppressive nature. City dont do that, they share the money equally. Chelsea do the same.

Your fucking club are holding money back from the rest of the league. Even if no one has any interest in watching Sociedad, they should be allowed the money anyway.

Fry

I think you're confused.

The world likes Dortmund, because they're likable

Bayern can fuck off. I'd rather Man Utd won the quadruple than you cunts winning the Emirates Cup

What a fucking piece of shit attitude as a Liverpool fan.

I hope Bayern lift all the trophies they possibly can just so some of you can shut the fuck up with your irrational hatred of the football team.

One question, Does the russian league have a cap of how many foreigners can play in a match?

I'm going to try zenit out in FM and i just wanted to know.

Yes, it does have a foreigner limit. Last year it was 6 on the field at the same time but some people lobbied to have that increased *cough* Anzhi and Spartak cough* and it's now up to 7. I think you also need a u-21 Russian player on the bench(or obviously in the starting lineup). Spalletti forgot this last year and we were rewarded with a loss.

jtb

Banned
I watch all the top 6 teams games.

I'm not saying people don't; lots of good football to be seen. I'm saying, it's stupid to make the argument "well no one watches small clubs" when they're small and unsustainable because they have no money, because of the TV deal. It's self-perpetuating.

Oh, I thought all teams should fight in the same terms. I guess I misread what made EPL so good and fair.

Clearly. Though, if it makes you feel any better, it's not just the EPL, but just about every major league in Europe that shares TV revenues.

Fuck Madrid, fuck Barca, fuck Mes Que Un Club, fuck Mourinho, fuck Ronaldo, fuck Alba, fuck Busquets, fuck Ramos, fuck Alves, fuck Ramos, fuck Pepe, fuck Xavi, fuck Pinto, fuck Atletico, fuck Malaga, fuck your TV deal, fuck your 'local academies', fuck your boardroom politics, fuck Madrid's sense of entitlement, fuck Barca's smug superiority, fuck your league-wide gamesmanship, fuck your match-ruining referees, fuck your shitty domestic cups, fuck your El Clasicos that embarass the sport, fuck La Liga, and fuck Spanish football

Theree are only a few redeeming qualities for your shitty footballing landscape

1) The national team/youth training infrastructure
2) Xabi Alonso
3) Valencia
4) Rafa Benitez
5) Alvaro Arbeloa
6) Luis Garcia
7 onwards) Other Spanish things that have positively influenced Liverpool FC

edit: Oh, Fry. Surely you can detect such sarcasm, especially when it involves a desire for Man Utd to achieve anything other than administration

Lightning

Banned
This XXXXX team would beat YYYYYY team is the most ridiculous shit ever since it depends how you turn up on the day. Using that logic Real Madrid are the best team in the world because they just whopped Barca's ass home and away.

pulga

Banned
What do you mean by middle table?

Looking at it equivalent to equivalent, and on their absolute best form, I reckon:

1. Barca > Man Utd
2. Real Madrid > Man City
3. Atletico Madrid > Tottenham (hard one)
4. Chelsea > Malaga
5. Arsenal > Sociedad
6. Liverpool > Betis (hard one)
7. Valencia > Everton
8. West Brom > Rayo
9. Swansea > Getafe
10. Levante > Fulham
11. Stoke > Valladolid
12. Sevilla > West Ham
13. Newcastle > Espanyol
14. Bilbao > Norwich
15. Osasuna > Sunderland
16. Southampton > Granada
17. Zaragoza > Villa
18. Wigan > Mallorca
19. Celta > Reading
20. QPR > Deportivo

That's 10-10, and two of them are Barca and Madrid which distort it a little because they're better than every other team

Now of course this is all opinion, but I don't think I'm far off. And it's the stupidest thing I've done in a while. But fuck it. Fuck this stupid conversation.

Lololololololololol Wilbury is losing it

Frank the Great does make a point. When EPL ruled the CL, it was used as evidence of EPL superiority.

FuturusX

I'm not saying people don't; lots of good football to be seen. I'm saying, it's stupid to make the argument "well no one watches small clubs" when they're small and unsustainable because they have no money, because of the TV deal. It's self-perpetuating.

Clearly. Though, if it makes you feel any better, it's not just the EPL, but just about every major league in Europe that shares TV revenues.

The big clubs in EPL dominate in other ways. If they could get the Barca / Real deal they would. Greed is greed in any form.

Why is it fair a for City to do nothing for a decade and more and then get an injection of seemingly limitless cash to buy anybody they want, with no means of generating the money themselves?

Fulham don't have that advantage. Is our league worse for it. Yes. Seems like the lesser of two evils in comparison.

Messi

Fuck Madrid, fuck Barca, fuck Mes Que Un Club, fuck Mourinho, fuck Ronaldo, fuck Alba, fuck Busquets, fuck Ramos, fuck Alves, fuck Ramos, fuck Pepe, fuck Xavi, fuck Pinto, fuck Atletico, fuck Malaga, fuck your TV deal, fuck your 'local academies', fuck your boardroom politics, fuck Madrid's sense of entitlement, fuck Barca's smug superiority, fuck your league-wide gamesmanship, fuck your match-ruining referees, fuck your shitty domestic cups, fuck you El Clasicos that embarass the sport, fuck La Liga, and fuck Spanish football

Their are only a few redeeming qualities for your shitty footballing landscape

1) The national team/youth training infrastructure
2) Xabi Alonso
3) Valencia
4) Rafa Benitez
5) Alvaro Arbeloa
6) Luis Garcia
7 onwards) Other Spanish things that have positively influenced Liverpool FC

edit: Oh, Fry. Surely you can detect such sarcasm, especially when it involves a desire for Man Utd to achieve anything other than administration

What about this man!

iniesta01_galeria_portrait.jpg

His light shines from within

He is great with the ladies

iniesta12_galeria_landscape.jpg

There's no doubt that premier league isn't dominating at all like it used to. G-Units reasonings and arguments of course always being so fucking hilariously bad. One day I want you, Confuzis and doicare in one room talking football.

Edit : Iniesta really is only a few steps away from wearing a Ronaldinho diaper up there.

jtb

Banned
The big clubs in EPL dominate in other ways. If they could get the Barca / Real deal they would. Greed is greed in any form.

Why is it fair a for City to do nothing for a decade and more and then get an injection of seemingly limitless cash to buy anybody they want. With no means of generating the money themselves?

Fulham don't have that advantage. Is our league worse for it. Yes. Seems like the lesser of two evils in comparison.

It is the lesser of two evils. But La Liga has sugar daddies AND ridiculously unbalanced TV structures. Everyone else (not just EPL, but every other top league in Europe) only has to deal with one of those problems.

It's not like "buying the title" is a new phenomenon. City and co. just have deeper pockets than their predecessors.

Wilbur

Banned
By those nebulous people. You know the ones.

I fucking hate this fucking pick and choose argument of 'well Clive Tydesley said England is the best so it must be tru lol'. WHO THE FUCK CARES WHAT CLIVE THINKS

HE
IS
A
CUNT

EVERYONE IS A CUNT

Man this sounds exactly like Arsenal today, exactly how I felt about the team today but hey, we scored two goals, granted we played like shit (and so did Bayern to our luck) but still. It's football, anything is possible! Kerzhakov and Hulk will save you with Alves defending you to death! Ok I don't know about the Alves part but I hope Kerzhakov and Hulk can put a good performance tomorrow!

Oh I know that. I mean we played like shit and beat Liverpool at home 2-0 so it wouldn't shock me to see it happen again. If we score one relatively early I like our chances. The Petrovsky isn't a fun place to play for the opposition with the crowd, the cold and the shit pitch. REMUNTADA!!!

Why is it fair a for City to do nothing for a decade and more and then get an injection of seemingly limitless cash to buy anybody they want. With no means of generating the money themselves?

They're both terrible, but there's one huge difference.

City's advantage was pure luck, while Madrid&Barca's is systematic, unbreakable and anticompetetive. Fulham could be taken over tomorrow if somebody wished it, and they could be title contenders next season. On the other hand, Barca and Madrid will always be the most powerful teams in Spain because they are allowed to run as financial black holes, and their statuses combined with the TV money make them the constant forerunners for potential transfers, regardless of the wealth of the teams below

Timurid

Me + Messi give you guys Timurid's new Avatar (changed a little in the avatar pic)

I dont hate yurt. I hate his team, but i dont hate him. I like the Juve fans here. They're not like the other ones.

Sviatoslav, Does Zenit have a big rivalry with CSKA? I want to buy Schennikov.

Wilbur

Banned

City's advantage was pure luck, while Madrid&Barca's is systematic, unbreakable and anticompetetive. Fulham could be taken over tomorrow if somebody wished it, and they could be title contenders next season. On the other hand, Barca and Madrid will always be the most powerful teams in Spain because they are allowed to run as financial black holes, and their statuses combined with the TV money make them the constant forerunners for potential transfers, regardless of the wealth of the teams below

And yet people will completely ignore what you said about Fulham and just focus on City being rich now

Everyone
Blinder than Cuneyt Cakir

Clegg

He's a stat I've always hated.

Since the Glazer's took over in 2005, Manchester United has spent £550m in interest payments, dividends to owners and financial fees. Only £180m has gone to reduce the debt.

#fucktheglazers

Wilbur

Banned

Since the Glazer's took over in 2005, Manchester United has spent £550m in interest payments, dividends to owners and financial fees. Only £180m has gone to reduce the debt.

#fucktheglazers

Good thing we take all the tv money to make up for it

choodi

Banned
Yeah but that's not what you said before, I pointed that you said that they wouldn't even be in the top 5. We can't know where they would be today without it, but I just told you where they were before :/

Also I think not having competition in their home league is gonna be bad for them in the long run, but that's another different story.

I said they wouldn't be in the top 5 and I stand by that.

Madrid have a history of dodgy financial dealings with the Spanish Government and quite a few things they have done would be considered government interference, which if I remember correctly, got the Greek FA suspended from FIFA for a short time.

If Man U, Man City, Bayern, Juventus and AC Milan took 25% of the TV revenue from their leagues, they would all be above Barca and Madrid. Period.

#fucktheglazers

Unfortunately you play in a country that sanctions clubs who spend more than they earn for too long. If only you were called Real Manchestelona...

I said they wouldn't be in the top 5 and I stand by that.

Madrid have a history of dodgy financial dealings with the Spanish Government and quite a few things they have done would be considered government interference, which if I remember correctly, got the Greek FA suspended from FIFA for a short time.

If Man U, Man City, Bayern, Juventus and AC Milan took 25% of the TV revenue from their leagues, they would all be above Barca and Madrid. Period.

And as we say, if my granpa had wheels he would be a shopping cart.

FuturusX

I agree on the origins of the imbalance. But the result is still the same. A few teams yielding power over the majority less fortunate. In Spain and England.

If Malaga's rich tycoon spread the cash like City or Chelsea they could challenge the hegemony and that deal would fall apart to include the third team.

There is no grand conspiracy here but that which remains true. The golden rule if you will. He who has the gold makes the rules.

In regards to potential transfers there is no difference. In both leagues...the first refusal goes to the big clubs. You're describing the difference between a shit sandwich and a cup of piss...(I'd take the piss, I mean EPL, it goes down a little better, won't stick to the teeth) hmmm EPL miles better then, never-mind.

Timurid

Yeah, CSKA won't sell you Schennikov in FM.

Damn, Schennikov looks class. Well, I'm going to try get Logashov from Anji. He looks like a pretty good RB and he is only 20.

Also, thank fucking god the juve fans weren't here.

Plus, I like Wilde. Reverse fucking Psychology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom