• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

Question regarding football boots and replacing studs: I lost a stud for my Nike boots during a game today and naturally it needs replacing but replacement studs are a bit of a cunt to come across on sites that should be selling them, like Sports Direct. Do I need to replace the studs with the exact same ones as my boots have, or will any do? It's one of the back ones so they're longer than the rest on the boot.

Just had a two hour nap, cos I've had a headache all day. Felt amazing.

Need to start Mad Men actually. Fuck Homeland, the premise sounds awful.

lol

But Dexter do have two shit seasons after S4.

Even though I secretly, kind of enjoyed S5.

7 was kind of shit too, although a bit better than 5 and 6. But the trust is gone now, Fry. I will get all my south American recommendations from someone with taste, someone i feel close to. What do you think Andres watches?

FuturusX

Just had a two hour nap, cos I've had a headache all day. Felt amazing.

Need to start Mad Men actually. Fuck Homeland, the premise sounds awful.

lol

Mad Men - will change your life. Great choice. If you watch The Wire in addition, then the circle of perfection will be complete.

I too had a headache today. My son decided to coincidence jumping around the house like a child with ADD* (or should it be ADHD??? who knows gotta sell those drugs right?) with my nap.

I got 20 mins and it felt extremely crappy.

*My son shows no evidence of extreme creativity or as it known in the US - ADD (no offense to posters with ADD or loved ones with said affliction - just a gag)

I need some sleep.

Everything is a blur...all I remember of this day is:

Wenger saying that he never prepares for anyone not Bale, Messi, anybody...then blur...followed by Bale destroying the worst Arsenal back four to disgrace an Gunners shirt...followed by Piers Morgan having a fit.

I need some sleep.

Fry

7 was kind of shit too, although a bit better than 5 and 6. But the trust is gone now, Fry. I will get all my south American recommendations from someone with taste, someone i feel close to. What do you think Andres watches?

I don't think there are tv shows about donkey loving.

Keio

For a Finer World
Nice to be back in a decent topic.

I know it's from yesterday, but in case anyone missed the CANNON that Moisander blasted for Ajax you should check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8ZXFLYsJ_4

Funnily enough I'm coping with the Barcelona Clasico loss much better (as there was little to show for Barcelona to deserve a 2-2, except the final penalty claim) than the Newcastle-Swansea game. Swansea was on the ropes and then... that goal to make 1-0. It was reminiscent of Finland losing the chance for WC qualification in 1997 (we needed a win, but Hungary equalized with an equally bizarre pinball goal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZd5iu946Yg

arkon

Nice to be back in a decent topic.

I know it's from yesterday, but in case anyone missed the CANNON that Moisander blasted for Ajax you should check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8ZXFLYsJ_4

Funnily enough I'm coping with the Barcelona Clasico loss much better (as there was little to show for Barcelona to deserve a 2-2, except the final penalty claim) than the Newcastle-Swansea game. Swansea was on the ropes and then... that goal to make 1-0. It was reminiscent of Finland losing the chance for WC qualification in 1997 (we needed a win, but Hungary equalized with an equally bizarre pinball goal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZd5iu946Yg

I think Linius gifed that yesterday. Absolute blooter of a goal.

Whoever we are playing against in CL next season, pls defend like this so we can actually score.

iquavpdaCMumU.gif

ih5NbasTHBEFa.gif

FuturusX

As a true Ajax fan I made a gif out of it for this thread but sadly no one said nice things about that goal :(

ibxIBADXtjDlWJ.gif

Not that it would have made a great difference, but perhaps the keeper made the save more difficult by the slight shimmy to his left before the required dive to his right?

The swerve, he fell for the swerve.

Linius

I did take notice of it! Probably should have said something at the time. But, yeah, great goal.

Oh, didn't read that post :p

I love the way he's walking away from the goal by the way, like a boss :p

Not that it would have made a great difference, but perhaps the keeper made the save more difficult by the slight shimmy to his left before the required dive to his right?

The swerve, he fell for the swerve.

Yeah, he shot the ball with the outside of his left foot so it got quite an unnatural swing in it.

arkon

Oh, didn't read that post :p

I love the way he's walking away from the goal by the way, like a boss :p

Yeah, he shot the ball with the outside of his left foot so it got quite an unnatural swing in it.

Not too dissimilar to Rafael's reaction after his goal against QPR. Like he scores goals like those all the time. Does Moisander?

Linius

I'm finally getting some job offers in my FIFA 13 career. Atletico Madrid wanted me but I saw they already sold Falcao :(

Hopefully Spurs come by, I tried to buy Bale but he didn't want to come sadly. So then I'll come to him and take some Ajax players with me so Jan got some old friends back.

Not too dissimilar to Rafael's reaction after his goal against QPR. Like he scores goals like those all the time. Does Moisander?

Nope, 90 percent of his goals are headers from corners and free kicks. He barely takes a shot like that. I was surprised he could do this :p

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
You looked very frail today.

Yes we were shitting ourselves with the one and half chances you created during the match. You prodded and probed gamely but never seriously tested Lloris or created a golden chance. I don't remember Walcott doing a single thing.

We should have scored at least 4 today. The miss from Gylfi was horrendous, Bale missed a tap-in as well. Arsenal didn't have a single chance as good as the ones we missed, never mind the ones we scored.

edit: oh goody Sol Campbell is on MOTD2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom