• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

broony

HBA news is not good but we have been doing alright without him recently. Him coming back into the team now would have been a big boost and would have improved us further but it isn't the end of the world.

On Benfica, I don't think we are better than them, but we have nothing to be afraid of. The pressure is on them and we are a better team then their fans seem to give us credit for. First half of the season excluded.

fuenf

wasn't everyone praising martinez lately? at least till the dortmund match. haven't seen the three games afterwards. the last time i watched a game even Marcel reif praised him lol

Yeah but something is missing. He was 'just ok' against Arsenal but as of late he doesn't really try to advance the ball, I don't know why :(

Feorax

@CaulkinTheTimes
Alan Pardew: HBA news not good, "we think he's going to need op" would keep him out for rest of season. Cabaye half chance for Wigan. #nufc

He's only just come back hasn't he? I didn't realize he was THAT injury prone...

Our club medical team has done great things with injury prone players recently, but I'd hope we'd be looking at other targets for our right wing in the summer if things are that bad with HBA.

Carbonox

@CaulkinTheTimes
Alan Pardew: HBA news not good, "we think he's going to need op" would keep him out for rest of season. Cabaye half chance for Wigan. #nufc

Arfa Fowler.

Oh well, UNLEASH THE JONAS BROTHERS REJECT.

Edit: Shit, I'd rather we start Haidara and push Santon in to winger. Would be class. The former is a better defender than the latter, with the latter not too shabby as a winger which is more natural for him.

Pardew will never listen though.

broony

He's only just come back hasn't he? I didn't realize he was THAT injury prone...

Our club medical team has done great things with injury prone players recently, but I'd hope we'd be looking at other targets for our right wing in the summer if things are that bad with HBA.

You couldn't afford him anyway.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Really looking forward to the game against Fulham on Sunday. AVB is not stupid and has acknowledged that last night we lost our heads and with it our organization. Bale is going to rip Hangeland a new arsehole.

F365 said:
Say what you like about The Sun and Trevor Kavanagh - they've got balls. Big, massive, cumbersome, huge, swinging, big brass balls.

Kavanagh writes an argument against press regulations in The Sun, claiming that 'the ordinary man and woman - including millions of Sun readers...will lose out if politicians seize control of the presses' and that the power of newspapers like The Sun to investigate stories in the public interest would be stymied by legislation announced in parliament on Thursday.

And, in The Sun - The Sun newspaper - Kavanagh provides some examples of stories that might not have been investigated if it were it not for the free press.

He writes in The Sun: 'Without a free Press, we will suffer ever more suffocating bureaucracy and more undiscovered corruption in our public life.

'Think of the Hillsborough cover-up...'

Remarkable.

Meier

Damn Chelsea are going on a POST season tour to the States just 2 days after the season ends. Apparently players are pissed.

City going too.

That's insane.

I really hope they come somewhere near me. I'll make the trek if it doesn't interfere with my honeymoon.

I'm scared about this week. We'll rest guys when playing Wigan but not having a full week to prepare for Spurs at WHL is a pain in the ass. :(

14 April 2013 16:00 A FA Cup Replay FA Cup with Budweiser
17 April 2013 19:45 H Wigan Athletic Barclays Premier League
21 April 2013 13:30 A Spurs Barclays Premier League

sohois

To be fair to the Sun (which is far more than they deserve), I would imagine none of the current writers nor editors were actually there during their disgraceful Truth period. Though on the other hand, fuck the Sun

I really do think people are using the red card to Nani to gloss over United crumpling after it. They were at home and 1-0 up (2-1 on aggregate), they shouldn't have lost like they did, they're Man United, should have done better to hold onto their lead.

Wilbur

Banned
I really do think people are using the red card to Nani to gloss over United crumpling after it. They were at home and 1-0 up (2-1 on aggregate), they shouldn't have lost like they did, they're Man United, should have done better to hold onto their lead.

We shouldn't have panicked, correct. But the key difference in the game was when Nani went off and we had to pull Welbeck off Alonso and take him out wide. Then all of a sudden Alonso was getting on the ball and whacking diagonals left and right and stretching the match, and he hadn't done that all game up until that point. So the red card was pretty key for me, especially considering they were about to bring on a striker and instead brought on Modric to up the amount of ball playing midfielders thus exerting more pressure on us because now we didnt have anyone to sit on both of them.

Gambit

Yeah but something is missing. He was 'just ok' against Arsenal but as of late he doesn't really try to advance the ball, I don't know why :(

make that someone. He and Schweini make each other better. Gustavo, imo, is the so-so substitute for Martinez, but no-one can replace Schweini atm.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Gallas on potential Spurs meltdown:

"It won't happen. We know we have a great chance to qualify for the Champions League and we know that we can go very far in the Europa League.

"Sometimes you can have bad moments and maybe at home we are in a bad moment, but we know what we want at the end of the season and everyone will be ready for Sunday.

"I think the manager will have a meeting with us on Saturday to say what was wrong and correct what wasn't good. It is very important.

"To concede seven goals in two games is not very good. It can mean some things are not well. It was not the real Tottenham against Inter, but we can move on."

Yes. Because you won't be playing. You were a fine servant but that shit last night was like watching Ledley King playing against Norwich at home last season. The moment I knew he was finishsed.

Meier

Community is average at best these days and has been for years. Most overrated show on TV.. and this is from someone who watched it from Day 1 and made a Soup appreciation thread ages ago.

Meier

This current season has been a huge step backwards. Losing the Harmon has been a disaster for all involved. All of NBCs comedies are shit now.

1600 Penn is actually really good. Sweet, likable characters and very funny moments. Highly recommended. Likely to be canceled though sadly.

Meier

Javi Garcia is in the Spain squad ahead of Javi Martinez. Suck it Bayern! :D (I wish we had Javi M.)

Bacon: Do you know much about Rodney Kongolo? City are supposedly interested.. he's one of your youth players.

GQman2121

Banned
Shows like Community and Happy Endings are almost too cutting edge for network television. When shit like TBBT and 2 Broke Girls are the highest rated shows on tv, you know there's no hope. All of CBS's comedies are from the same mold, with the same humor and reskinned character's. I just don't get it. At least Fox has a few outside of the box shows.

fuenf

Shows like Community and Happy Endings are almost too cutting edge for network television. When shit like TBBT and 2 Broke Girls are the highest rated shows on tv, you know there's no hope. All of CBS's comedies are from the same mold, with the same humor and reskinned character's. I just don't get it. At least Fox has a few outside of the box shows.

Why can't we like a variety of comedies? My go-to comedies are TBBT, Archer, Happy Endings, New Girl and Anger Management. Edit: Forgot Parks and Modern Family.

Linius

Why can't we like a variety of comedies? My go-to comedies are TBBT, Archer, Happy Endings, New Girl and Anger Management. Edit: Forgot Parks and Modern Family.

Community, P&R, New Girl, Modern Family and Workaholics for me at the moment.

Zabojnik

Yurt, Zabo and company - we are enemies until the 2nd tie ends.

Fuck you cunts!

We were never friends to begin with.
I love you, Felipe!

How are Juve's defence?

I know their midfield rocks, and their strikers are their weak spot.

I'm scared of Pirlo and Vidal.

Let's see. We have Chiellini, who needs no introduction. We have Barzagli alias The Wall, who made the last defensive mistake when Timurid wasn't yet a PSG fan. And then we have Leonardo "Bonny" Bonucci, the new Beckenbauer. Mandzukic won't know what hit him.
We are fucked.

In between the lines, there's a lot of obscurityyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, I'm not inclined to resign to maturityyyyyyyyyyy. I know, you know!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom