• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuenf

Let's see. We have Chiellini, who needs no introduction. We have Barzagli alias The Wall, who made the last defensive mistake when Timurid wasn't yet a PSG fan. And then we have Leonardo "Bonny" Bonucci, the new Beckenbauer. Mandzukic won't know what hit him.

Dont worry, Mandzukic wouldn't hit a barn in the CL. His goal against Arsenal was pure luck, if Gomez doesnt start we are screwed.

Zabojnik

Dont worry, Mandzukic wouldn't hit a barn in the CL. His goal against Arsenal was pure luck, if Gomez doesnt start we are screwed.

I'm pretty sure the battle will be lost or won in the midfield. Bayern's is phenomenal, ours is pretty good, if I do say so myself. If we had a world-class attack I'd be much more confident. :/

GorillaJu

FX is an incredible network

Louie, Its Always Sunny, The League and of course Archer are all FX shows. Absolutely killing it in comedy atm.

Slizz

FX is an incredible network

Louie, Its Always Sunny, The League and of course Archer are all FX shows. Absolutely killing it in comedy atm.

The Americans isn't that bad either, Justified too. Comedy and drama

FX had one of the best little known shows ever too, Terriers. That show was amazing.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm pretty sure the battle will be lost or won in the midfield. Bayern's is phenomenal, ours is pretty good, if I do say so myself. If we had a world-class attack I'd be much more confident. :/

Pirlo, Vidal and Marchisio > Schweinsteiger, Martinez and Kroos. Not by much, but ja.

Game will be won and lost on the flanks. Juve defence is more than capable of keeping Gomez and Manduzic out, and Bayern will benefit from Vucinic and Gio being less than prolific.

Asamoah vs Muller and Licht vs Ribery will be key I think. Kroos will be asked to stick near Pirlo which'll probably blunt both of them at first but I have a feeling Kroos will drift further forward the longer the tie goes on and Pirlo will start to influence more.

Meier

The Americans isn't that bad either, Justified too. Comedy and drama

FX had one of the best little known shows ever too, Terriers. That show was amazing.

RIP Terriers. :( Start to finish, absolutely perfect. Did you see Shawn Ryan is contemplating doing a kickstarter to make a wrap-up movie? I'm so pledging to that if he does it..

FX is the best network on TV these days. They don't create bad programming.

Slizz

RIP Terriers. :( Start to finish, absolutely perfect. Did you see Shawn Ryan is contemplating doing a kickstarter to make a wrap-up movie? I'm so pledging to that if he does it..

FX is the best network on TV these days. They don't create bad programming.

Wow did not know about that at all.... I dunno how I'd feel about a wrap-up though...

At first I hated the ending to the season but looking back I don't think I could have it any other way really.

Meier

Haven't gone to many shows yet this year but all these guys I want to see are coming in April and May. Decided against a few shows already since they're not very conveniently located but bought tickets to these guys thus far:

APR24
Band of Horses
Stubb's Bar-B-Q, Austin TX, United States

APR27
Foals and Surfer Blood
Emo's, Austin TX, United States

MAY26
Best Coast
Mohawk, Austin TX, United States

Never seen Best Coast before so I am stoked! Band of Horses are probably my favorite American band (Ryan Adams/Ryan Adams & The Cardinals and BRMC are right there with them). They haven't played a regular show here in Austin since supporting KOL in early 2011 so I can't wait to see them again (even if their new record is poor).

fuenf

Don't worry our defense is overrated: Lahm is good, Dante is unproven, Van Buyten wasnt too bad the last couple of games but he's Van Buyten (same goes for Baoteng) and Alaba forgot how to play defense this season.

Linius

Haven't gone to many shows yet this year but all these guys I want to see are coming in April and May. Decided against a few shows already since they're not very conveniently located but bought tickets to these guys thus far:

APR24
Band of Horses
Stubb's Bar-B-Q, Austin TX, United States

APR27
Foals and Surfer Blood
Emo's, Austin TX, United States

MAY26
Best Coast
Mohawk, Austin TX, United States

Never seen Best Coast before so I am stoked! Band of Horses are probably my favorite American band (Ryan Adams/Ryan Adams & The Cardinals and BRMC are right there with them). They haven't played a regular show here in Austin since supporting KOL in early 2011 so I can't wait to see them again (even if their new record is poor).

Nice! Though the singer went to prison last year for domestic violence against his wife I still like their music :p

confuziz

Banned
I wonder what kind of subscription I need to pay for the galaxy S IV. I'm not paying more than 50 euros a month for a fucking phone lol

Linius

I wonder what kind of subscription I need to pay for the galaxy S IV. I'm not paying more than 50 euros a month for a fucking phone lol

Paying 38 euros for my Xperia Z with 1,5GB internet and 300minutes/texts. I guess you can get an S4 for somewhere in that price range too.

Meier

Paying 38 euros for my Xperia Z with 1,5GB internet and 300minutes/texts. I guess you can get an S4 for somewhere in that price range too.

You lucky fucks.. you can't pay less than like $80 a month for a smart phone in the US (well, if it's on a contract). Mine is like $79 a month because I get 20% off the minimum number of minutes I can buy due to work.

Kyoufu

I want this season to end so we can hopefully strengthen in the summer then go for glory. League, FA Cup and Europa League treble.

Zabojnik

Free yourselves from the smartphone's tyranny and go back to something simple like the Nokia 2630. It will be the best decision of your life.

2630black_0712_58b.jpg

Linius

You lucky fucks.. you can't pay less than like $80 a month for a smart phone in the US (well, if it's on a contract). Mine is like $79 a month because I get 20% off the minimum number of minutes I can buy due to work.

But you guys have cheap cars and cheap other stuff. And your phones when buying them off contract are way cheaper I found out in the Xperia Z thread. Don't try to make us feel bad! :p

Free yourselves from the smartphone's tyranny and go back to something simple like the Nokia 2630. It will be the best decision of your life.

2630black_0712_58b.jpg

And miss out on a dick chat at whatsapp? Hell naw

Bacon: Do you know much about Rodney Kongolo? City are supposedly interested.. he's one of your youth players.
Don't know anything about him. He's only 15 so still a long way from the first team, but apparently he's one of Feyenoord's most promising players. I read that he's a Patrick Viera like midfielder and Arsenal and Chelsea have shown interest as well. I know his older brother Terence Kongolo, a defender who made his debut last year, but he's a bench player.

But isn't 15 too young for transfers? I don't know the rules about youth players. No club has officially shown a particular interest in him according to our technical director.

Wouldn't be the first time a young and promising youthproduct gets snatched by an English club

Meier

Don't know anything about him. He's only 15 so still a long way from the first team, but apparently he's one of Feyenoord's most promising players. I read that he's a Patrick Viera like midfielder and Arsenal and Chelsea have shown interest as well. I know his older brother Terence Kongolo, a defender who made his debut last year, but he's a bench player.

But isn't 15 too young for transfers? I don't know the rules about youth players. No club has officially shown a particular interest in him according to our technical director.

Wouldn't be the first time a young and promising youthproduct gets snatched by an English club

Ahh, I know Terence from FM. I imagine if there is any legitimacy to it, it'd be City offering him a pro contract when he's old enough and Feyenoord getting some compensation. I know we signed Rekik (from Excelsior) when he was just 16.

Yen

Was waiting for a lift home. Saw the car I was waiting for, it slowed down towards me. I hopped in. Turns out it was not the person I was waiting on. "What the fuck are you doing?" he said.

I feel so embarrassed.

Linius

Was waiting for a lift home. Saw the car I was waiting for, it slowed down towards me. I hopped in. Turns out it was not the person I was waiting on. "What the fuck are you doing?" he said.

I feel so embarrassed.

Haha, best story I 've heard today :lol

Sorry :(

confuziz

Banned

I feel so embarrassed.

WOW, this is brilliant stuff. I always look closely to the person driving before stepping to the car :lol

I feel so embarrassed.
Nightmare scenario. I always make sure it's the car I'm waiting for by looking at the driver first.

Hilarious stuff though :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom