• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Facism

good europa league draw for fenerbahce, easy street.

LOL @ Galatasaray. Definately not going to be a super cup repeat between these 2 sides.

Anyone in the thread played Anno 2070? It's only finally hitting $16.99 for the base game after ages.. $35 with all the extra shit. There's no way I buy it until it's like $10-$15 tops but just curious on people's thoughts.

It looks really interesting but I dont have a PC :(

faridmon

Fuck this shit. Trying to get a new job to combine with my study but I don't even get invited to a job interview. It's exhausting being punched down like that again and again. I have the best possible high school degree in this country, I do a full time study and I have a letter of recommedation from my previous employer. I'm not sure what they possibly could want more for a simple job on the side.

Holy shit, I am scared now, since I am graduating this year :/

Slizz

Start applying now.

Seriously this.

I'm done my next semester(Summer) and have been trying to find something through career services since the beginning of this semester with not many results. All unpaid stuff that I have to think about and see if I can finagle a job after the internship.

Arnie

It was more of an assessment, first part of 2. Was quite challenging but actually fun too. I have the more formal interview for that job next week as well as another final interview too. Got everything crossed. Please pray to your relevant Gods (Godgers, ClevGod, DeGod, Godba, Godwell, Messi, etc).

If I had a god I'd pray to him.

I start my Adidas marketing internship on Monday. Shit scared of London. Just had a 30 minute phone call from my mum where she tried to explain the process of getting from Lewisham to Covent Garden. It bent my head.

If I had a god I'd pray to him.

I start my Adidas marketing internship on Monday. Shit scared of London. Just had a 30 minute phone call from my mum where she tried to explain the process of getting from Lewisham to Covent Garden. It bent my head.
Ah that's awesome.

Any particular reason you're staying in Lewisham? Bit of a trek, but well within reasonable London commutes. Covent Garden will be a v cool area to work in. And London is awesome. You'll soon see!

Arnie

Ah that's awesome.

Any particular reason you're staying in Lewisham? Bit of a trek, but well within reasonable London commutes. Covent Garden will be a v cool area to work. And London is awesome. You'll soon see!

Staying with a good friend from school, who lives in Lewisham. It's going to be a long commute but it's free accommodation. Guess I'll just take a book with me. Going to be a mental couple of weeks. I've only ever experienced London as a weekend thing, and I've always been in the presence of others. Now I'll be spending two weeks in the city and spending the majority of my time on my own, learning about the place and travelling solo.

I'll either come back with a completely changed perspective or it'll have been hellish. I'm a mixture of excited and properly scared at the moment. Realised I've got Good Friday to kill with no work so I'm planning to go to one of the museums or zoos or some shit to kill the day.

confuziz

Banned
Fuck this shit. Trying to get a new job to combine with my study but I don't even get invited to a job interview. It's exhausting being punched down like that again and again. I have the best possible high school degree in this country, I do a full time study and I have a letter of recommedation from my previous employer. I'm not sure what they possibly could want more for a simple job on the side.

Have you thought of working in the phone business? Or are you not a 'sales' person?

Wilbur

Banned
Staying with a good friend from school, who lives in Lewisham. It's going to be a long commute but it's free accommodation. Guess I'll just take a book with me. Going to be a mental couple of weeks. I've only ever experienced London as a weekend thing, and I've always been in the presence of others. Now I'll be spending two weeks in the city and spending the majority of my time on my own, learning about the place and travelling solo.

I'll either come back with a completely changed perspective or it'll have been hellish. I'm a mixture of excited and properly scared at the moment. Realised I've got Good Friday to kill with no work so I'm planning to go to one of the museums or zoos or some shit to kill the day.

Zoo is expensive as fuck, but Natural History and Science museums are well worth a look if you haven't been before; right next to each other as well. But they're on that fucking weird street where you can't tell where the road ends and the pavement begins

Slizz

Dude, it sounds awesome really. I'd take everything in and really try to nab a permanent position.

Also you are def going to be changed.

London commuters have a bad rep for being unfriendly, but in my limited experience they're happy to help as long as they're not sprinting around in rush hour :p

Its a brilliant city, haters can uck my ick

That's probably the best way to experience any major city anyway.

Museums are good. Hope for some good weather and just wander around, shame it'll be dark by the time you're done with work though.

I hope you saved some money for these 2 weeks. London is an expensive place :(

Museums are good. Hope for some good weather and just wander around, shame it'll be dark by the time you're done with work though.

You should take him under your wing. Teach him the ways of standing on the right.

Kiraly

I just got a most awesome job, watching live football and other sports and collect all sorts of data for a sports data company.

FootballFan

Alves new hair style..

timthumb.php

Arnie

Zoo is expensive as fuck, but Natural History and Science museums are well worth a look if you haven't been before; right next to each other as well. But they're on that fucking weird street where you can't tell where the road ends and the pavement begins
Will definitely try to do both.

Always irks me that we have to decide on career paths when we're young and unfazed by things like science. As soon as I left college I basically fell in love with science.
Dude, it sounds awesome really. I'd take everything in and really try to nab a permanent position.

Also you are def going to be changed.
I'll just try to impress them. Going to take a notepad and jot down like a bastard. I'll also tell a few jokes, make myself known, get to know people. Got a couple of other job applications fired off which I might hear back from over the next two weeks but working at Adidas would be a dream. I'd get to film Gareth Bale in a field.
London commuters have a bad rep for being unfriendly, but in my limited experience they're happy to help as long as they're not sprinting around in rush hour :p

Its a brilliant city, haters can uck my ick
I've worked out that if I get lost I'm about 15 minutes walk from Leicester Square, so my contingency plan is to ask people how to get there. And if nobody helps me I'll sit in a corner and cry.

Will definitely try to do both.

Always irks me that we have to decide on career paths when we're young and unfazed by things like science. As soon as I left college I basically fell in love with science.

I'll just try to impress them. Going to take a notepad and jot down like a bastard. I'll also tell a few jokes, make myself known, get to know people. Got a couple of other job applications fired off which I might hear back from over the next two weeks but working at Adidas would be a dream. I'd get to film Gareth Bale in a field.

I've worked out that if I get lost I'm about 15 minutes walk from Leicester Square, so my contingency plan is to ask people how to get there. And if nobody helps me I'll sit in a corner and cry.

Get a job with Warrior, the sportswear equivalent of Marlo Stansfield

Then punch the person who designed next season's kits

edit: Alves looks a little like Chris Brown. Just slightly less of a cunt.

Arnie

My Nan just rang me up the other day when I was in the middle of a haircut and said she's deposited £150 into my bank. Lovely lady.

I've got a bit of cash spare but I'm going to try and do things really cheap. Not planning on going out much (done too much of that recently), just going to stay focused, work hard, and enjoy myself.

Get a job with Warrior, the sportswear equivalent of Marlo Stansfield

Then punch the person who designed next season's kits

edit: Alves looks a little like Chris Brown. Just slightly less of a cunt.
I'd love that.

Could work on branding LFC, live near home, and go to the match every week. Beats crying in a dark tube on Tottenham Court Road.

Meier

I'll get laughed at, but I think it actually suits him quite well :p

Nah I think he looks pretty good too.

I didn't think London was that bad, price wise. Ate lots of pretty good food at decent prices and found the transport prices to be quite reasonable. Since Arnie is staying with someone for free, it shouldn't be too bad overall. Loved London, wish I could live there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom