• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koko

Banned
Was waiting for a lift home. Saw the car I was waiting for, it slowed down towards me. I hopped in. Turns out it was not the person I was waiting on. "What the fuck are you doing?" he said.

I feel so embarrassed.

This happened to me a few times at school; it's weird because you are pretty confident that is the right car until you open the door.

GQman2121

Banned
Sons of Anarchy receives divided opinions with Gaffers, but I still find it entertaining.

I also really liked the first season of American Horror Story. Haven't seen season 2.

And The Shield is my favorite drama of all time I think.

FX can do little wrong in my eyes.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Jol knows what's up:

“A few of their players didn't play, like Michael Dawson and [Benoit] Assou-Ekotto, and Gareth Bale and they've got a big squad.

“My experience is that if you rest five or six players like they did, then there is no problem. Aaron Lennon only came on as a substitute and Adebayor and Defoe, I think only one of them will play anyway.

Y'all are going to get spanked.

30 day PS+ trial for the first person to quote me

Conditions:

Must not be a Manc, of either persuasion
Must not be WoodenLung
Must consistently post in this thread

:p

rvy

Banned

Conditions:

Must not be WoodenLung

GetImage.ashx

How'd you do that?
Lucked out.

When I went to upgrade the website quoted me £15/month for 500 mins/texts and unlimited Internet with a free 32gb handset. Pounced on it. Site was slow and glitchy as hell the whole way through so I think there was some kind of error on their part.

Think they reserve the right to up my contract to what it should be (£35 I think) but they haven't noticed yet and I made a massive saving on not having to pay anything for the handset anyway.

But I think the phone is cursed lol I keep dropping it :(

Carbonox

Conditions:

Must not be WoodenLung

Yeah well I have two free trials that I have no intention of ever using. :p

Fuck you Sony for requiring credit card details just to use a fucking free trial code. I will never put my card details on their crappy store.

rvy

Banned
Yeah well I have two free trials that I have no intention of ever using. :p

Fuck you Sony for requiring credit card details just to use a fucking free trial code. I will never put my card details on their crappy store.

The what now? I didn't have any issues last time.

Btw, I don't want the code either, just fucking around. My account isn't from the UK, so the codes won't work.

Linius

Lucked out.

When I went to upgrade the website quoted me £15/month for 500 mins/texts and unlimited Internet with a free 32gb handset. Pounced on it. Site was slow and glitchy as hell the whole way through so I think there was some kind of error on their part.

Think they reserve the right to up my contract to what it should be (£35 I think) but they haven't noticed yet and I made a massive saving on not having to pay anything for the handset anyway.

But I think the phone is cursed lol I keep dropping it :(

That's luck indeed, nice for you!

Cunt ;)

(Don't want the trial btw)

I'd have given it to you, you're the good Manc like that Nazi in The Pianist :p

Still up for grabs btw since rvy was fucking around. I hope Benfica embarass themselves in the Europa League

@Carbo, you can remove your details at any time and the security will certainly have been improved exponentially since the hack/leak

rvy

Banned
I hope Benfica embarass themselves in the Europa League

You fucker! :lol

Still up for grabs btw since rvy was fucking around.

Linius

Fuck this shit. Trying to get a new job to combine with my study but I don't even get invited to a job interview. It's exhausting being punched down like that again and again. I have the best possible high school degree in this country, I do a full time study and I have a letter of recommedation from my previous employer. I'm not sure what they possibly could want more for a simple job on the side.

nazio drew fenerbache. they should win that game, and frankly i think they actually have a good shot at winning the EL this year. i think it will be a nazio-chelsea final.

i can't believe spurs' luck, first knocking out inturd on away goals and now drawing basel (and avoiding nazio/the other english teams.)

Juve dun goofed. They got the worst possible rival. Fuck Bayern
and Juve

heh. it was coming after their easy round of 16 draw. i hope juve makes it to the final for the coefficient's sake and then embarrasses themselves with a huge loss to dortmund.

rvy

Banned
Fuck this shit. Trying to get a new job to combine with my study but I don't even get invited to a job interview. It's exhausting being punched down like that again and again. I have the best possible high school degree in this country, I do a full time study and I have a letter of recommedation from my previous employer. I'm not sure what they possibly could want more for a simple job on the side.

Come work for me I'll make this right.

I've had the same dude :(

You just gotta keep at it and hope something comes your way.

It could be that you won't be available to work full time though.

K1LLER7

I'd have given it to you, you're the good Manc like that Nazi in The Pianist :p

Still up for grabs btw since rvy was fucking around. I hope Benfica embarass themselves in the Europa League

@Carbo, you can remove your details at any time and the security will certainly have been improved exponentially since the hack/leak
:lol

I probably wouldn't use it, got a ton of Uni work piling up too :(

Thanks anyway ;)

Meier

Anyone in the thread played Anno 2070? It's only finally hitting $16.99 for the base game after ages.. $35 with all the extra shit. There's no way I buy it until it's like $10-$15 tops but just curious on people's thoughts.

I fucking hate Rafa being at Chelsea. Ordinarily, I'd want you guys to win it, but Rafa has me kind of wanting Chelsea to win just for him. But the club and its fans don't deserve shit, the cunts.
Rafa is a complete bell. Why do you guys fawn over him. He should go back to Liverpool. Nobody else deserves him and his stupid face.

Carbonox

Nevermind GOW, I can't justify paying full pop for any games at this point. Last of Us and GTA is all I'm dying to play.

Need to start planning for the next gen fund anyway.

I still pay full price for games I'm really looking forward to, which sucks for me. :lol Though on Zavvi I was able to bag a preorder for The Last of Us for £30 due to discounts and points. :D

Linius

I've had the same dude :(

You just gotta keep at it and hope something comes your way.

It could be that you won't be available to work full time though.

Yeah, I just keep sending letters. There surely will come something on the way some time. But in a matter of months I really need to get back to making money because my savings aren't endless. Never tought it would be such a pain to get some simple job.

K1LLER7

Rafa is a complete bell. Why do you guys fawn over him. He should go back to Liverpool. Nobody else deserves him and his stupid face.
Got them to 2nd place, closest they'll ever get to the title again for a couple of years.

Plus they miss his Clank Clank football

rvy

Banned
I fucking hate Rafa being at Chelsea. Ordinarily, I'd want you guys to win it, but Rafa has me kind of wanting Chelsea to win just for him. But the club and its fans don't deserve shit, the cunts.

I really don't like Rafa. He was decent at Liverpool and Valencia, but has been shit since.

What do you do? :p

Pimp by day, Superman by night. I would welcome you as my wingman: Superboy.

Arnie

I really don't like Rafa. He was decent at Liverpool and Valencia, but has been shit since.

He's not really had a stable job since.

Inter was a poisoned chalice from the get go, so was the Chelsea interim position. A lot of people love to hate the man because he's impassioned and speaks his mind, be it the truth or complete nonsense. He was also Liverpool manager, which does him no favours whatsoever in the public consciousness, at least in England.

Viva, how did that interview go?

It might not be a lot to you guys but

Winning the Champions League
Winning the FA Cup
Taking us to a Champions League Final
Giving us a genuine title challenge
Bringing in some brilliant players
Going beyond what is expected for the Hillsborough campaigns
Staying in Liverpool even after he was sacked*
Refusing to keep schtum when Hicks and Gillette were raping the club from the inside

means a lot to me, and others

*more relevant to the local fans than me, but still

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
nazio drew fenerbache. they should win that game, and frankly i think they actually have a good shot at winning the EL this year. i think it will be a nazio-chelsea final.

i can't believe spurs' luck, first knocking out inturd on away goals and now drawing basel (and avoiding nazio/the other english teams.)

We also got a last minute away goal at Lyon.

I don't think we've been that lucky though. We drew a tough group with Lazio, drew Lyon, then Inter. That's 3 teams of roughly CL standard. We've made hard work of it but I think we will learn a lot from this run. We've had to get past some massive teams already. Basel is a good draw for us but they knocked United out of the CL before, we have to take them seriously. If we keep griding our way through I think it will have been excellent preparation for, hopefully, the CL next season.

rvy

Banned

Inter was a poisoned chalice from the get go, so was the Chelsea interim position. A lot of people love to hate the man because he's impassioned and speaks his mind, be it the truth or complete nonsense. He was also Liverpool manager, which does him no favours whatsoever in the public consciousness, at least in England.

I don't mind his pressers actually, he's a feisty one. I enjoy hearing him speak, but I don't really see him as a top coach. Can't take anything away from him though, that Milan game was Godlike.

Sounds cool. Can I get stationed in Amsterdam?

Dutch Superboy, I like it. Send me your résumé.

Cardozo has 29 goals in 60 European appearances, only beaten by Eusébio. Cardosex.

flippedb

Banned
Like Lightning said, strikers aren't the main thing when gunning for the CL

Man Utd's got them knocked out :p

Oh I'm sure they're not everything, but when playing against a good defence, good strikers are completely vital. Juve doesn't have any of those, and you can see they tend to choke against "good" sides (ie matches vs Inter and Milan, Juve lost both of those).

cyHls3L.gif

You're just trying to start shit up because Yurtsex is away for a few days.

When he comes back, footy-GAF will dislike Juve and my master plan will be complete muahaha

Got them to 2nd place, closest they'll ever get to the title again for a couple of decades.

Plus they miss his Clank Clank football
Fixed.

Viva, how did that interview go?
It was more of an assessment, first part of 2. Was quite challenging but actually fun too. I have the more formal interview for that job next week as well as another final interview too. Got everything crossed. Please pray to your relevant Gods (Godgers, ClevGod, DeGod, Godba, Godwell, Messi, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom