• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

Paris St. Germain is a laughing stock in FIFA. I'm with Ajax and I bought Subotic for 8 mil. from Dortmund. Used him for six months now and suddenly PSG knocks on my door for Subotic, sold him for 18,5 mil. :lol

And Bale is the biggest cunt in the game. I offered him almost infinite money and bonus percentage per goal but he keeps rejecting me. Fuck him.

But did you offer him any sheep?

oP0VA69.jpg
Klopp is pretty gangster, lol.
Sahin is apparently going to start with Gündogan in the CM today. Could either be awesome or horrible (defensive vulnerability) - we'll see.

Manager

Line-up: Hart, Zabaleta, Kolo, Nastasic, Milner, Garcia, Barry, Kolarov, Silva, Tevez, Dzeko

Yaya out, ill. Might be a 3-5-2... yay.

And in case anyone missed it, Mancini has taken another swipe at blowing away all confidence of his players:
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8569736/?

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini regrets not buying defender in January

Reflecting on the frustrations of Kompany's stuttering rehabilitation, Mancini said: "Probably we made a mistake because when we knew of this problem we were four days to the close of the market.

"Probably then we should maybe have bought another defender. Also, last year he had this problem, for one month he didn't play. This is a big problem. For me we made a mistake in this case.

"We had a chance because we had one good defender but we didn't think that Vinny would stay out for 40-45 days."

Lescott, Kolo and Nastasic must feel great. They've kept a clean sheet in the last four matches, and in total of 2013 they've kept clean sheets in TEN of 12 matches. I don't get Mancini.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Line-up: Hart, Zabaleta, Kolo, Nastasic, Milner, Garcia, Barry, Kolarov, Silva, Tevez, Dzeko

Yaya out, ill. Might be a 3-5-2... yay.

That City line up is painfully ordinary. It's a shame Everton are missing Howard and Jagielka, no way they will beat them without those two. Heitinga is a disaster, he's worse than Gallas.

dc89

That City line up is painfully ordinary. It's a shame Everton are missing Howard and Jagielka, no way they will beat them without those two. Heitinga is a disaster, he's worse than Gallas.

Ordinary :lol shit the bed. Silva, Tevez and Dzeko... All ordinary players yup, yup.

Ushojax

Ordinary :lol shit the bed. Silva, Tevez and Dzeko... All ordinary players yup, yup.

3 man team? The other 8 players are all dull as dishwater, overall it's nothing impressive. The whole spine is missing with Kompany, Aguero and Yaya absent.

I'm sure you will get a 1-0 after Heitinga does something dumb but if I were Everton I would fancy it against Barry and Garcia.

dc89

3 man team? The other 8 players are all dull as dishwater, overall it's nothing impressive. The whole spine is missing with Kompany, Aguero and Yaya absent.

I'm sure you will get a 1-0 after Heitinga does something dumb but if I were Everton I would fancy it against Barry and Garcia.

Lots fancy it against the Assassin. But they all fall up short in the end. :D

---

Shit! I didn't actually notice Yaya as missing, he's an integral part of the team you just expect him to be in there.

Out with a migrane. Well that's given me a headache :(

P.S - I'll take a 3 man team over a 1 man team any day.

Manager

Let's look at 2013:
Stoke 3-0, Kompany, Lescott - Clean sheet
Watford 2-0, Kompany, Lescott - Clean sheet
Arsenal 2-0, Kompany, Nastasic - Clean Sheet
Fulham 2-0, Kompany, Nastasic - Clean Sheet
Stoke 1-0, Kompany (Injured 39th min), Lescott - Clean Sheet

So now Kompany is out, end of January.

QPR 0-0, Lescott, Garcia (Nastasic benched) - Clean Sheet
Liverpool 2-2, Nastasic (Subbed 55th), Lescott
Southampton 1-3, Garcia, Lescott (Subbed 65th), Kolo benched and unused
Leeds 4-0, Kolo, Nastasic (Lescott benched) - Clean sheet
Chelsea 2-0, Nastasic, Kolo (Lescott benched) - Clean sheet
Villa 1-0, Kolo, Nastasic (Lescott benched) - Clean sheet
Barnsley 5-0, Lescott, Kolo (Nastasic benched) - Clean sheet

Looking at this, City had cover on the bench on basically every match when Kompany was out. And the only real let down to me performance wise defensively is Southampton, Liverpool is a good team.

So why the hell is Mancini opening his mouth? What is there to gain from saying this? Just keep quiet, why telling the world that you're not satisfied with your current players. Maybe City could've used another defender in one instance but how many teams in the world can afford to have 5 class CBs? Not mentioning that Rodwell, Garcia and Yaya are capable as CBs, while Kolarov also played there in Lazio.

When you've had 10 clean sheets in 12 matches and saying things like that... I don't get it.

Meier

Probably need a new thread tomorrow. I know the chances of him playing are minimal at best but wow at Lopes on the bench! Good for him.

When you've had 10 clean sheets in 12 matches and saying things like that... I don't get it.
The man is an enigma. He doesn't make much sense quite frequently. I won't be sad when he's gone.

Ushojax

YES

Fellaini banned for match v Spurs. Now the Belgian ratio will be tipped in our favour.

Clegg

Welbeck is shit. He joins a long list of overrated English players.

Walcott, Oxlade Chamberlain, Walker, Zaha, (Majority of the english players at Man City) are all not as good as the hype makes them out to be.

Baines is the only one who deserves his hype. Everyone else is made out to be better than they really are. Doesn't mean they are all but no where near that good.
This post is fucking ridiculous.

Tc91

Well Everton you had your chance to score now City will punish you.

6 chances in 2 minutes. 0 in 22. City goal incoming

Lightning

Banned
Can't say I'm that interested in Everton vs City. Just trying to make sure I'm awake for when we play.

But I'm turning it now to watch it anyway since I'm up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom