• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight's so unpredictable I just don't think it's worth lumping on, especially as I'd have to replenish my account after what was a torrid weekend.
Bookie on the radio was just saying the same. Said that big games like this attract very little in terms of stakes cos people don't want to commit a serious amount. Makes sense.

Dwingvatt

Banned
As charming as ever.

I had no idea Ashley Williams is 28. Would love him at Liverpool, but he didn't get on with Suarez too well from what I remember. I support that won't be too much of a problem when Suarez is at Bayern :(

Why do people keep saying that?

Anyway hoping Madrid wins tonight. Anyone knows what channel the game will be on?

Tonight's game is only a round of 16 tie, a win for either team would be a fairly small step towards winning the competition. Although I suppose it would be a massive confidence boost.

I'm not even nervous so that means ManU will hammer us tonight :(
Heh i'm not really nervous either. Maybe when the teams get announced and I see Giggs in CM..then I'll be shitting it.

pappe

Tonight's game is only a round of 16 tie, a win for either team would be a fairly small step towards winning the competition. Although I suppose it would be a massive confidence boost.

Heh i'm not really nervous either. Maybe when the teams get announced and I see Giggs in CM..then I'll be shitting it.

Each game is like a Final from this point on.

arkon

Why do people keep saying that?

Anyway hoping Madrid wins tonight. Anyone knows what channel the game will be on?

MUTV (ITV).

Tyldesley to make mention of 1966 and that night in 1999 at the Nou Camp at least 3 times before the end of the first half.

GolazoDan

MUTV (ITV).

Tyldesley to make mention of 1966 and that night in 1999 at the Nou Camp at least 3 times before the end of the first half.
Remember when Clive Tyldesley openly supported Crawley Town against United in that FA Cup game.

What a wazzock he is.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Mastadon you crazy bastard.
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

I'm nervous already. Formation time:

-------------------------De Gea--------------------------

Rafael------------Rio-------------Evans------------Evra

-------------------------Carrick--------------------------

--------------ClevGOD------------Rooney--------------

Nani---------------------RVP-------------------Welbeck

panty

Yes maybe no?

-------------------------Lopez---------------------------

Arbeloa---------Varane--------Ramos---------Coentrao

-------------------Alonso----Khedira--------------------

Di Maria-----------------Özil--------------------Ronaldo

-------------------------Benz----------------------------

E: yeah Marcelo isn't going to start/play.

GorillaJu

Anyone read the "Geek Love" thread in OT? I knew exactly what I'd be getting into - one dude puts himself out there, puts a face to a name and then a bunch of people dogpile on him for being awkward and nerdy, including a guy with a k-pop avatar :lol

Anyway, 2-2 draw, Real goes through.

Peco

I'm nervous already. Formation time:

Rafael------------Rio-------------Evans------------Evra

-------------------------Carrick--------------------------

--------------ClevGOD------------Rooney--------------

Nani---------------------RVP-------------------Welbeck

What about:

Rafael------------Rio-------------Vidic-------------Evra

---------------Carrick------------Clev/Giggs------------

Valencia----------------------------------Welbeck/Giggs

--------------------------Rooney--------------------------

-----------------------------vP-----------------------------

?

Yes maybe no?

-------------------------Lopez---------------------------

Arbeloa---------Varane--------Ramos---------Coentrao

-------------------Alonso----Khedira--------------------

Di Maria-----------------Özil--------------------Ronaldo

-------------------------Benz----------------------------

E: yeah Marcelo isn't going to start/play.

Cassilas might be fit to play by the way.

My take:

Rafael------------Rio-------------Vidic-------------Evra

---------------Carrick------------ Giggs------------

Nani-----------------------------------------------Kagawa

--------------------------Rooney--------------------------

-----------------------------RvP----------------------------

Pato: "playing without the crowd is like having sex without a condom. You need to stay focused."

Well, I guess he's really scared about Berlusconi becoming his father-in-law. Dat focus.

--

Conte: "we don't want to end up like Milan last year. They had a seven point lead, yet they lost the Scudetto. Galliani says that we'll win it? Well, deep down he's a Juventus supporter."

Edit: last post of the page. Of course.

Peco

Pato: "playing without the crowd is like having sex without a condom. You need to stay focused."

Well, I guess he's really scared about Berlusconi becoming his father-in-law. Dat focus.

Who is Pato?

Conte: "we don't want to end up like Milan last year. They had a seven point lead, yet they lost the Scudetto. Galliani says that we'll win it? Well, deep down he's a Juventus supporter."

That's true.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Iniesta "I am 100 per cent convinced that we can turn it around, I am confident we can do it."

--

Edit: last post of the page. Of course.

There you go ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom